CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

People don’t realize but if h5 had no thruster people wouldn’t be able to get away from fights so easily.

Cant wait to hear your arguments on how "Infinite would have been great if it wasnt for (fill in the blank)"

16 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Cant wait to hear your arguments on how "Infinite would have been great if it wasnt for (fill in the blank)"

Isn’t that what you do regarding everything? This halo would of been better if(fill in the blank) or it would of been great if(fill in the blank) don’t be a smart ass, because everyone does that, you’re not some special case. 
I hope infinite succeeds unlike you. You just want it to fail because it’s not a classic halo game which is actually sad. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

every halo game since the original trilogy has kept losing and losing features when before they used to add stuff every game

no theater clips for tages or machinima

no easy to access file share

game mode variety is fucked

too much to list

Isn’t that what you do regarding everything? 

No? I dont try to defend horrible mechanics as just needing a few tweaks, unlike yourself. Overhauls or bust.

I don't want Infinite to fail just because it's not a classic Halo game, I want it to fail because it's a bad game. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

lol bud

Each classic Halo was more successful than the last one

Each non-classic Halo failed harder than the last one

But that’s not my point. He only wants it to fail because it’s not. I would prefer a classic halo, but we’re not getting that ever again. I want infinite to succeed. I believe people are just passed the classic scope of things and those looking for a non BR experience that’ll remind them of apex will flop to halo.

Aphex always downvoting even though his views are worthless. If you’re not good or even average at halo your thoughts are worthless. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Just now, Aphex Twin said:

FTFY.

Oh and your standards are sooo much better huh? That doesn’t exactly apply when you’re stuck in the past. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

But that’s not my point. He only wants it to fail because it’s not. I would prefer a classic halo, but we’re not getting that ever again. I want infinite to succeed. I believe people are just passed the classic scope of things and those looking for a non BR experience that’ll remind them of apex will flop to halo.

Aphex always downvoting even though his views are worthless. If you’re not good or even average at halo your thoughts are worthless. 

Stop using the words "classic" and "modern" and replace them with "good" and "bad" because that's exactly what it is.  

"I would prefer a good Halo, but we're not ever getting that again...I believe people are just passed the well designed scope of things and etc."

Let me say something that isn't really a well agreed upon or discussed sentiment but I think it's true nontheless; nobody cares if a franchise changes or "loses its identity" if it's for the better.  To be honest, brand identity is worthless if your identity sucked in the first place.  People aren't mad Halo 'changed', what people are actually upset about whether or not they realize it, is that Halo was good, and now it's bad.  If Halo completely changed and was better, no one would give a shit.

The new God of War is fairly critically acclaimed, and despite the claims that it's "still God of War but modernized!" that's completely bunk.  The classic God of War games were shallow shitty side scrolling button mashing beat 'em ups.  The new one is knock-off Dark Souls (big improvement).  It's better, ergo nobody cares.

Fallout used to be a turn based top-down game.  And although they were excellent for their genre, the change to now an open world FPS RPG exploration game is infinitely better.  Even if they're bad for the new genre's standards, it's still an improvement over being a good turn based top-down.

People complained about CoD being futuristic EXCEPT Black Ops 3 had the best player retention in the CoD franchise following MW2.  It just so happened what people actually didn't like was how poorly designed Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare was.  In the right package, nobody really minded the advanced movement. BO3 was awesome.

By the way; does anybody dislike ODST? No? Even though it changed the Health Model, jump height, lethality, campaign formula? No, no one cares.  Because it was good.  Reach changed shit and it was bad.

I'd be open to Halo changing, hell I don't even like playing clasic Halo anymore and haven't in months because I want actual movement skill in my games and the classic trilogy doesn't really offer that in a meaningful way.  Halo 5 tried it, and implemented it but in a really stupid and damaging way to a million other things.

I highly, highly doubt anyone here would give a shit what Halo changed so long as it was for the better. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Stop using the words "classic" and "modern" and replace them with "good" and "bad" because that's exactly what it is.  

"I would prefer a good Halo, but we're not ever getting that again...I believe people are just passed the well designed scope of things and etc."

Let me say something that isn't really a well agreed upon or discussed sentiment but I think it's true nontheless; nobody cares if a franchise changes or "loses its identity" if it's for the better.  To be honest, brand identity is worthless if your identity sucked in the first place.  People aren't mad Halo 'changed', what people are actually upset about whether or not they realize it, is that Halo was good, and now it's bad.  If Halo completely changed and was better, no one would give a shit.

The new God of War is fairly critically acclaimed, and despite the claims that it's "still God of War but modernized!" that's completely bunk.  The classic God of War games were shallow shitty side scrolling button mashing beat 'em ups.  The new one is knock-off Dark Souls (big improvement).  It's better, ergo nobody cares.

Fallout used to be a turn based top-down game.  And although they were excellent for their genre, the change to now an open world FPS RPG exploration game is infinitely better.  Even if they're bad for the new genre's standards, it's still an improvement over being a good turn based top-down.

People complained about CoD being futuristic EXCEPT Black Ops 3 had the best player retention in the CoD franchise following MW2.  It just so happened what people actually didn't like was how poorly designed Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare was.  In the right package, nobody really minded the advanced movement. BO3 was awesome.

By the way; does anybody dislike ODST? No? Even though it changed the Health Model, jump height, lethality, campaign formula? No, no one cares.  Because it was good.  Reach changed shit and it was bad.

I'd be open to Halo changing, hell I don't even like playing clasic Halo anymore and haven't in months because I want actual movement skill in my games and the classic trilogy doesn't really offer that in a meaningful way.  Halo 5 tried it, and implemented it but in a really stupid and damaging way to a million other things.

I highly, highly doubt anyone here would give a shit what Halo changed so long as it was for the better. 

Key word anyone here. This just sounds like something you objectively think. The new god of war is good but to say it’s better than past games because people preferred that isn’t wrong. If h5 implemented movement in a way you find undesirable then good luck. Halo doesn’t have that fast movement quake had, and it never will. That was the only way to do it in their eyes. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

7 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Key word anyone here.

Modern Halo's population trends are actually proof that this goes way beyond the users on this forum. 

• Like (+1) 4

@Reamis25 I'm curious whether you genuinely think that we hate modern Halo because it's made by 342 or because it's filled to the brim with as many dog shit mechanics conceivable 

If you're gonna shill this hard then please go to Waypoint or Reddit so that we don't have to filter your screeching out of every discussion

• Like (+1) 4

An FPS game with long kill times, unlimited respawns, and advanced mobility are automatically bad - it is impossible for an FPS to be good with these three elements. 

Change one of those things and the gameplay quality significantly improves.

34 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Modern Halo's population trends are actually proof that this goes way beyond the users on this forum. 

Where are the numbers? H5 population was high AF until the dev support ended 3 years ago. Games tend to lose population when new content isn’t promised and things become stale. Classic halo was liked by the old gens. Not the new ones. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

33 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

@Reamis25 I'm curious whether you genuinely think that we hate modern Halo because it's made by 342 or because it's filled to the brim with as many dog shit mechanics conceivable 

If you're gonna shill this hard then please go to Waypoint or Reddit so that we don't have to filter your screeching out of every discussion

I think it’s both honestly and evidence has shown that’s the case. You hate 343 for changing halos movement refusing to have a TTK that’s quick like CE. 

25 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Where are the numbers? H5 population was high AF 

Not compared to where the franchise was before committing to bad game design.

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

You hate 343 for making halo shitty and refusing to improve the gameplay. 

FTFY

• Like (+1) 1

Key word anyone here. This just sounds like something you objectively think. The new god of war is good but to say it’s better than past games because people preferred that isn’t wrong. If h5 implemented movement in a way you find undesirable then good luck. Halo doesn’t have that fast movement quake had, and it never will. That was the only way to do it in their eyes. 

I can't even comprehend the way your brain works

• Like (+1) 8

22 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

I can't even comprehend the way your brain works

I can’t comprehend yours. You think you’re right about game design and what people like simply because you see something as objectively better? But what if people don’t see your Vision? Are they just fools or something? 
you brought up halos movement so I’ll assume you want something on quake levels since that’s a game you bring up a lot. Would you of preferred no clamber or anything of the sort? What would you do to the movement without changing the core of the classic halo games?!

• Downvote (-1) 5

54 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

FTFY

Do you ever stop bringing up time to kill, sheesh stfu. This wasn’t a problem in any game and frankly a lot of people like halo having a long TTK, heck’s at least it isn’t 2-3 seconds sheesh. You don’t see people bitching about it in apex. And it being a BR with one life has nothing to do with it. A game having a longer TTK doesn’t magically increase a games skill gap 10X. A 5% increase isn’t anything to give a fuck about. 

• Downvote (-1) 5
  • WutFace (+0) 1

42 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Do you ever stop bringing up time to kill, sheesh stfu. This wasn’t a problem in any game and frankly a lot of people like halo having a long TTK. You don’t see people bitching about it in apex. And it being a BR with one life has nothing to do with it. A game having a longer TTK doesn’t magically increase a games skill gap 10X. A 5% increase isn’t anything to give a fuck about. 

TTK is one of the most important aspects of a shooter. It's funny to imagine the COD community's outrage if the dev decided to increase the killtimes to Halo's level.

Prolonging gun fights in shooters where you have limited respawns is a good thing, which is why Apex does so well.

Prolonging gunfights in shooters when you have unlimited respawns is a bad thing, which is why modern halo's population is so inferior to other top games.

Mistakes get punished harder in shooters with faster killtimes - players dont have as much room for errors like bad positioning and missing shots. Objectively speaking, this increases the skill gap. You may or may not prefer games where mistakes get punished harder, but it is indisputable that this type of gameplay raises the skill gap.

It is also indisputable that Halo games with prolonged gunfights are much less popular than halo games with faster kill times.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

TTK is one of the most important aspects of a shooter. It's funny to imagine the COD community's outrage if the dev decided to increase the killtimes to Halo's level.

Prolonging gun fights in shooters where you have limited respawns is a good thing, which is why Apex does so well.

Prolonging gunfights in shooters when you have unlimited respawns is a bad thing, which is why modern halo's population is so inferior to other top games.

Mistakes get punished harder in shooters with faster killtimes - players dont have as much room for errors like bad positioning and missing shots. Objectively speaking, this increases the skill gap. You may or may not prefer games where mistakes get punished harder, but it is indisputable that this type of gameplay raises the skill gap.

It is also indisputable that Halo games with prolonged gunfights are much less popular than halo games with faster kill times.

Name one?! Because information has told me h2&3 TTK was higher than h1 and those games were more popular big time. 
You act as if mistakes don’t get punished on that same level. Missing a shot can have a huge impact on these other games just as much as other games. Cod is a military shooter. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Just now, Reamis25 said:

You act as if mistakes don’t get punished on that same level.

That's because they dont.

Also, gunfights are longer than ever post-H3 thanks to defensive abilities like sprint and thrust, your point is invalid.