CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Sounds like we're in for yet another entry with a fuckton of cheese. Just imagine shooting a dude with your 6sk starting weapon for him to sprint around a corner, press F for overshield, turn around and AR you to death. Can't wait. 

Thrust pickup and hook could be ok if the sandbox was decently powerful to punish shit plays (it won't be). A-Wall and Sensor Gun can fuck right off back to Overwatch. Repulse bomb actually sounds good, not the most original idea but could allow for some creative plays. 

We haven't seen the game yet, and judging by the demo the pistol is fast as fuck. We also got a fast strafe and good weapon switch times, it isn't all bad. We don't know the pistols ttk, it could be under a second for all we know.

The drop wall could go either way, if it is one way, then it could go fuck itself, but if it only allows the bullet firing weapons to got through it, I can see it creating some interesting plays. The sense dart has a 20 something radius, that's the radius of the radar in halo 3 i think. eh it's not too bad, it would add depth in non radar modes where information is key.

the repulse bomb sounds great, it could bring back weapon launching like in halo 1

oh and the overshield and camo should be activated the instant you touch it, if not, then amen.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

You soul did you ever say that halo 3 anniversary was a thing? I can't remember if that was you or someone else.

H3 Anniversary was never a thing.

4 hours ago, hvs500 said:

We don't know the pistols ttk, it could be under a second for all we know.

You must be new if you have any optimism for this game. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

H3 Anniversary was never a thing.

Oh I agree. But I remember somebody at one time swearing it was coming out.

15 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Oh I agree. But I remember somebody at one time swearing it was coming out.

I don't see the point. Even today, the visual clarity and lighting of H3 is excellent; Seeing all the fileshare posts on reddit recently has been such a nostalgia trip. 

Sounds a lot like they're aiming for when they tested H5 with BR and gunfighter starts. The gunfighter is a 6sk but shoots crazy quick and is also a fast switch but has little aim assist so it's tough

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

Sounds a lot like they're aiming for when they tested H5 with BR and gunfighter starts. The gunfighter is a 6sk but shoots crazy quick and is also a fast switch but has little aim assist so it's tough

Most likely. Technically h5 betas TTK was very fast 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Huge grin on my face thinking about how the remnants of this joke of a franchise are going to violently explode when the game drops. 

The pistol's already indicating that the game is gonna be dog shit. Seriously, a 6SK (They're saying that we should expect it to be more of a M6C than an M6D so there's no way that they'd re-use what they did for H5) that's faster than the utility? The BR is practically guaranteed to have a 1.4+ second TTK. Hitscan too, I'm certain. 

The grapple is dumb. It's uses the most one-dimensional method of accomplishing what it does. It's also going to be incredibly overpowered on close-quarters arena maps. 

The sensor gun is Halo 4-tier AIDS. I don't even have anything to say. 

Repulse bomb sounds cool. 

It's fitting that the nu-camo and nu-OS are the dingleberry cherries atop the diarrhea shake. 

Amazing. 

I feel bad for anyone who's held their breath for Infinite to be good. I feel worse for anybody bound under contract to compete in this pile of shit. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

The grapple is dumb. It's uses the most one-dimensional method of accomplishing what it does. It's also going to be incredibly overpowered on close-quarters arena maps. 

Repulse bomb sounds cool.  

Neither of these can coexist on a map with rockets and I will put money down that they will.

This game is gonna be lit and I’m so glad none of you bitches will play it. Keep down voting aphex it means nothing. 
rhe people who’ll play it are those not stuck in the past. There’s no halo after this so adapt or give up. If it fails whelp they tried. 

• Downvote (-1) 9
  • Salt (-1) 2

28 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

^Nobody touch that comment with a ten foot pole please.

That being said, it is OK to be excited about Halo Infinite here.  

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

That being said, it is OK to be excited about Halo Infinite here.  

I’m only excited because it’s a new game and we need something new. Sure no ideas are original but it’s whatever. I expect a consist pop of 50k+ at least because it’s a modern game plus it’s free, although it could be lower 

1 hour ago, The Tyco said:

^Nobody touch that comment with a ten foot pole please.

You already did by saying something period, and your butt buddies disliking. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Me:  They can’t possibly fuck Halo any worse than they already have.  

343: 

nswgdfI_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

• Like (+1) 5
  • Hooked 1

On 1/19/2021 at 6:02 AM, S0UL FLAME said:

Sensor Gun fires a dart that highlights Spartans in a 24 meter radius, even through floors, ceilings and walls.

'How to never ever learn from your mistakes: the 343 story'

• Like (+1) 3

Where is that information from? Have not checked here in 3 months so idk if they showed anything official, just saw they still had double XP monster cans so I was reminded this sinking ship of a franchise existed.

Also if they go hitscan in 2021 they might be serious about not adding a battle royale to this game, probably for the better since they cannot make a decent 4v4 game so I doubt they would do any better on a full BR.

The Camo and OS change sound horrible for multiplayer, but interesting for campaign.

But yeah, giving people the H2 Arbiter Camo in multiplayer (even if it has limited uses) sounds very dumb. It also sounds like whoever has the OS would essentially be impossible to kill if they knew what they were doing with 2-3 get out of jail free cards.

• Like (+1) 4

13 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I’m only excited because it’s a new game and we need something new. 

You have no standards. 

2 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

You have no standards. 

That’s not true it’s just there’s nothing else halo related. I’m a huge fan of h3 and frankly just want something new. Most of the things he listed don’t sound bad to me. Unlike you I don’t hate the movement of clamber & slide. Sprint I’ve never been a fan of but from what I saw in halo infinites demo, sprint doesn’t look too fast and there’s no thruster pack(no permanent one at least) to increase those get out of jail free cards. People don’t realize but if h5 had no thruster people wouldn’t be able to get away from fights so easily. I just went back and read that camo and OS part and I do not like those at all. The idea of someone just randomly activating the OS in battle sounds aggravating. 

• Downvote (-1) 1