CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

14 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

@Obnokshus Both.

I see. I have to admit your lack of enthusiasm on the subject has me dejected, though my lifelong love of Halo/Half Life keep me committed to the series despite their...lackluster. 

Regardless, as this forum is kept active by us diehard discussion holders of possible and current mechanics, I would like to know where this series is headed.

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What gave you such strong feelings about not giving 343 another red fucking cent?  

The reason is the very game I have info about.

Five years. Two engines. Over a decade of hindsight. And they still don't get it. Not one cent more will be given to their cause.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine a power-up that spawned in Green on Lockout.  

Flood spores hide on the underside of the map structures, dormant until the power-up is picked up, at which point they seek out and attack the user’s enemies, adding an element of PvE to PvP multiplayer, giving the map it’s own army that synergistically feeds into the map’s character.  

Placing an item that is accessible from bottom lift, the worst spot on the map, that can quickly and autonomously put pressure on other parts of the map not visible through direct line of sight can threaten the absolute lockdown of lift tower by big and snipe, in turn increasing the importance of the bottom-mid drop-down to the top team, since it is now worth it to sacrifice some top-control in order to secure this pick-up.  

2 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I'm currently sitting on some more Halo Infinite information, and have been contemplating sharing it. I believe people deserve to know more about the game since we've been through a drought of info, but releasing the info to the public always causes drama. If I am to share this info, this will be the last leak I will give, as my interest in Halo has waned considerably. I'll probably get the free version of Halo Infinite, and if Forge is not free, then so be it.

I'm interested in people's thoughts. Let me see what you think.

;)

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

The reason is the very game I have info about.

Gameplay or management related? 

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Imagine a power-up that spawned in Green on Lockout.  

Flood spores hide on the underside of the map structures, dormant until the power-up is picked up, at which point they seek out and attack the user’s enemies, adding an element of PvE to PvP multiplayer, giving the map it’s own army that synergistically feeds into the map’s character.  

Placing an item that is accessible from bottom lift, the worst spot on the map, that can quickly and autonomously put pressure on other parts of the map not visible through direct line of sight can threaten the absolute lockdown of lift tower by big and snipe, in turn increasing the importance of the bottom-mid drop-down to the top team, since it is now worth it to sacrifice some top-control in order to secure this pick-up.  

Ooooor we could stop designing maps with bullshit bottlenecks followed by no man's land sections, barely any power items on them and spawning people with piss-poor starting weapons.

Honestly this isn't the worst idea for something like BTB or Social Slayer, sounds kinda like dogs from CoD. This was probably what people had in mind when Warzone was announced, AI fighting alongside players in a MP match.

Also @Soul my expectations for Infinite are extremely low but I'm still curious what :intel: you have. Let me guess: Sprint is a default ability in all modes, and loadouts/attachments will be all over MP?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay. Thank you for your thoughts.

General stuff: Campaign is a mess. Forge is good, but not as impressive as what I was told back in 2017, which makes the info about them using Unreal Engine 4 given to me in 2019 seem more true. Battle Rifle feels and sounds great to shoot, Sidearm is the fastest killing precision weapon if you spam it up close; unknown if it's a 5-shot or 6-shot to the head. No other weapon information.

Armor Augmentations: Grapple Shot, Drop Wall, Sensor Gun, Thruster Pack, Repulse Bomb.

Grapple has roughly half of the flexibility of Pathfinder's Grapple from Apex Legends. Drop Wall is a thick, destructible shield that you can shoot through. Sensor Gun fires a dart that highlights Spartans in a 24 meter radius, even through floors, ceilings and walls. Thruster Pack is a nerfed version of the one we know now. Repulse Bomb is a small explosive that does no damage, but pushes enemies and yourself a fair distance. As of now, each item can be used a few times before they run out of fuel or ammo. When you die, someone can grab the item off your body. Only one player can have a particular ability at all times; a new one respawns only after the one on the field is empty and gone.

Each Augmentation has a tell on the Spartan; Grapple and Repulse are on the left forearm, Sensor and Wall are on the left hip, Thruster is on the back.

However.

As of now, Active Camo and Overshield are also Armor Augmentations. For 15 seconds, you are granted a full camo or an extra layer (or two layers, don't know) of shield, up to three times. Both items can be seen on the chest. Same rules apply as the other items.

Alright, that's my final say on Infinite.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Hooked 3

Sidekick has faster ROF and is the gunfighter magnum (which soul flame had already claimed was gonna be the pistol in 2017 BTW) so BR is probably 4 shot still.

Then again who knows.

I mean that doesn't make the game sound much worse than what we already knew. Camo/OS being changed for the sake of change is dumb, but it doesn't sound god awful. 

I'm still going to play it cause #free but I'm more likely to skip out on the campaign or at least wait for reviews from people who actually play it and not IGN or some bull. 

5-6sk sounds stupid as fuck, but if you can shoot 5-6 shots in 1 second or less, eh. I don't hold hope for this though. Sandbox is more than likely fucked. 

My personal bar is "better than H4 Legendary Slayer", and so far I still feel optimistic.

4 hours ago, Obnokshus said:

I see. I have to admit your lack of enthusiasm on the subject has me dejected, though my lifelong love of Halo/Half Life keep me committed to the series despite their...lackluster. 

Regardless, as this forum is kept active by us diehard discussion holders of possible and current mechanics, I would like to know where this series is headed.

Aren’t you the guy who said he has no pc of console to play it on? Why do you discuss something you won’t try? 

3 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

General stuff: Campaign is a mess. Forge is good, but not as impressive as what I was told back in 2017, which makes the info about them using Unreal Engine 4 given to me in 2019 seem more true. Battle Rifle feels and sounds great to shoot, Sidearm is the fastest killing precision weapon if you spam it up close; unknown if it's a 5-shot or 6-shot to the head. No other weapon information.

Armor Augmentations: Grapple Shot, Drop Wall, Sensor Gun, Thruster Pack, Repulse Bomb.

Grapple has roughly half of the flexibility of Pathfinder's Grapple from Apex Legends. Drop Wall is a thick, destructible shield that you can shoot through. Sensor Gun fires a dart that highlights Spartans in a 24 meter radius, even through floors, ceilings and walls. Thruster Pack is a nerfed version of the one we know now. Repulse Bomb is a small explosive that does no damage, but pushes enemies and yourself a fair distance. As of now, each item can be used a few times before they run out of fuel or ammo. When you die, someone can grab the item off your body. Only one player can have a particular ability at all times; a new one respawns only after the one on the field is empty and gone.

Each Augmentation has a tell on the Spartan; Grapple and Repulse are on the left forearm, Sensor and Wall are on the left hip, Thruster is on the back.

However.

As of now, Active Camo and Overshield are also Armor Augmentations. For 15 seconds, you are granted a full camo or an extra layer (or two layers, don't know) of shield, up to three times. Both items can be seen on the chest. Same rules apply as the other items.

Honestly that’s not too bad. They don’t seem over powered or useless 

and if it’s 5-6 shots while rapid fire then that’s ok. 
the pulse bomb reminds me of something from overwatch 

aphex the guy who won’t even play infinite 

the fact that any of y’all were expecting TTK like the CE pistol is hilarious 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly, the only thing I need in halo infinite is a bomb ass btb. I can live with the high time to kills.

7 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

However.

I can already feel like I'm gonna get enraged by all the cheese, i mainly play the Halo 5 2v2 playlist now and it's a nice balance IMO. There's just thrust, no radar and no abilities otherwise.

Like what happened to gun skill and movement? Ugh. And yes I know classic Halo exists but I'm dead bored of it.

• Like (+1) 1

You soul did you ever say that halo 3 anniversary was a thing? I can't remember if that was you or someone else.

9 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Lmao they're not even finding new ways to fuck up Halo anymore. These are just dumb(er) rehashes of drop shield and Promethean vision, plus the return of the tuberculosis pack. 341 Industries.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

Sounds like we're in for yet another entry with a fuckton of cheese. Just imagine shooting a dude with your 6sk starting weapon for him to sprint around a corner, press F for overshield, turn around and AR you to death. Can't wait. 

Thrust pickup and hook could be ok if the sandbox was decently powerful to punish shit plays (it won't be). A-Wall and Sensor Gun can fuck right off back to Overwatch. Repulse bomb actually sounds good, not the most original idea but could allow for some creative plays. 

• Like (+1) 2