CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Most people don’t care if something is powerful alongside a weapon that’s op that takes skill. Look at apex. Many people use easier guns that are stronger but we still have the wingman that does 45 body, and 70+ to the head. Other weapons are useful and easier to use but those who do use the wingman come out on top often. But the thing is you and others want the utility to be useful and ARS to be so weak that in a utility vs AR battle they’ll still have half of their shields left 

You're like, getting it and not getting it at the same time lol. Everythings usefulness should be completely relative to it's difficulty. I say "usefulness" because that's a very open ended description that leaves room for creativity. 

If you want specifics, I'd say Apex is not a well balanced sandbox. Most best players are just hunting for r99s or whatever the best auto is because gambling that the other enemy player with a wingman will miss 1 shot and then die is a pretty safe gamble. It doesn't help that the wingman has been nerfed like 6 times since launch. You're better off almost always playing the safer route in apex. 

• Like (+1) 3

the wingman and gears of war 2 gnasher are far and away the most puzzling weapons for their respective devs; i can't think of many weapons who have seen so many changes that both fail to address the issues and come with unsatisfactory results. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

You're like, getting it and not getting it at the same time lol. Everythings usefulness should be completely relative to it's difficulty. I say "usefulness" because that's a very open ended description that leaves room for creativity. 

If you want specifics, I'd say Apex is not a well balanced sandbox. Most best players are just hunting for r99s or whatever the best auto is because gambling that the other enemy player with a wingman will miss 1 shot and then die is a pretty safe gamble. It doesn't help that the wingman has been nerfed like 6 times since launch. You're better off almost always playing the safer route in apex. 

That is true. No I do get it that the weapons that are easier shouldn’t be that affective  compared to the utility which Usually has a bigger skill gap. My point is that it doesn’t suit well with the majority. One common theme in halo is there’s only one weapon worth using and power weapons don’t count as proper variety. If we had a fast TTK perfect utility like CE could we have autos strong as h5s? I just believe we should let it slide to have easy weapons that are strong. Hell we don’t have those weapons in the competitive playlist anyway so what’s the deal? A CE purist loves the fact they can dominate with the starting weapon only and heck’s so do I. I have no problem with this in halo I just want to look out for the average player. I’ve said it before as well but halo 4 did autos right where the precision were dominant but the AR was strong AF. I also think that assault rifle in h2a is also an example of strong auto but BR was still better. You know one reason AR and other weapons are so op in halo is because of the reticule. Imagine if the reticule was small and no aim assist? Or just none in general and a moderate sized reticule. ARS become less op if there’s a way to strafe out of their bullets. When you have a reticule the size of Manhattan and large aim assist missing becomes near impossible. Hell I remember playing reach gold pro and I believe the AR had no aim assist and it did hella damage but because of this you could actually strafe out of their shots 

3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

That is true. No I do get it that the weapons that are easier shouldn’t be that affective  compared to the utility which Usually has a bigger skill gap. My point is that it doesn’t suit well with the majority. One common theme in halo is there’s only one weapon worth using and power weapons don’t count as proper variety. If we had a fast TTK perfect utility like CE could we have autos strong as h5s? I just believe we should let it slide to have easy weapons that are strong. Hell we don’t have those weapons in the competitive playlist anyway so what’s the deal? A CE purist loves the fact they can dominate with the starting weapon only and heck’s so do I. I have no problem with this in halo I just want to look out for the average player. I’ve said it before as well but halo 4 did autos right where the precision were dominant but the AR was strong AF. I also think that assault rifle in h2a is also an example of strong auto but BR was still better. You know one reason AR and other weapons are so op in halo is because of the reticule. Imagine if the reticule was small and no aim assist? Or just none in general and a moderate sized reticule. ARS become less op if there’s a way to strafe out of their bullets. When you have a reticule the size of Manhattan and large aim assist missing becomes near impossible. Hell I remember playing reach gold pro and I believe the AR had no aim assist and it did hella damage but because of this you could actually strafe out of their shots 

1v1 me in ce but you cannot use the plasma rifle or shotgun

1 minute ago, OG Nick said:

1v1s :wutface:

Ok isn’t the number one thing you people spout is ce takes so much skill because it’s utility’s TTK is so fast(perfect TTK) you can kill two opponents with it fast enough before one reacts? 

While 1v1s in CE are in my opinion the best in the series, playing them on MCC is a shit show because of host disadvantage and the PR not being as good against OS if people are using it. 

Was just reading a couple comments in the MCC thread, you know what would be a cool feature? A "private matchmaking" function where you can set up a customs lobby with 4/8/16 people and queue up a random gametype either from the established MM playlists or a special playlist with custom gametypes. You wouldn't have to sit there and agonize over what to play, you could just run through a list of gametypes you all like.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 3

What do you think about a Friendly Fauna power-up that allies the local wildlife to the user?  Each map features a unique species that passively inhabit the playspace until the power-up is activated.  

Once the power-up is active, each species takes on a new set of traits and abilities.  On one map, the wildlife could be a herd of killer moa, where on another it could be a infestation of flood spores or a squadron of sentinels.  

• WutFace (+0) 1

10 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What do you think about a Friendly Fauna power-up that allies the local wildlife to the user?  Each map features a unique species that passively inhabit the playspace until the power-up is activated.  

Once the power-up is active, each species takes on a new set of traits and abilities.  On one map, the wildlife could be a herd of killer moa, where on another it could be a infestation of flood spores or a squadron of sentinels.  

This sounds neat for the campaign, and flood doesn’t count as wildlife since it’s not an animal. It’s an intelligent life form. 

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Was just reading a couple comments in the MCC thread, you know what would be a cool feature? A "private matchmaking" function where you can set up a customs lobby with 4/8/16 people and queue up a random gametype either from the established MM playlists or a special playlist with custom gametypes. You wouldn't have to sit there and agonize over what to play, you could just run through a list of gametypes you all like.

Halo 1 was going to have a very similar feature as late as the August 2001 build that leaked recently. It had a "quick play" option in the multiplayer menu that would just load up a random map and ruleset.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm currently sitting on some more Halo Infinite information, and have been contemplating sharing it. I believe people deserve to know more about the game since we've been through a drought of info, but releasing the info to the public always causes drama. If I am to share this info, this will be the last leak I will give, as my interest in Halo has waned considerably. I'll probably get the free version of Halo Infinite, and if Forge is not free, then so be it.

I'm interested in people's thoughts. Let me see what you think.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2
  • Hooked 1

3 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I'll probably get the free version of Halo Infinite, and if Forge is not free, then so be it.

If this is where your interest level is at, it sounds like the leak cant be much of a game-changer. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

If this is where your interest level is at, it sounds like the leak cant be much of a game-changer. 

If you believe this fucking forge kid isn’t going to buy forge, I’ve got a Halo 3 map to sell you.  

22 minutes ago, Boyo said:

If you believe this fucking forge kid isn’t going to buy forge

No, I won't. You can quote this very post. It's not happening if it's not free.

5 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

No, I won't. You can quote this very post. It's not happening if it's not free.

It might actually be a good thing to charge $0.99 for forge in order to keep the riffraff out.  Would you buy it for a dollar?  

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I'm currently sitting on some more Halo Infinite information, and have been contemplating sharing it. I believe people deserve to know more about the game since we've been through a drought of info, but releasing the info to the public always causes drama. If I am to share this info, this will be the last leak I will give, as my interest in Halo has waned considerably. I'll probably get the free version of Halo Infinite, and if Forge is not free, then so be it.

I'm interested in people's thoughts. Let me see what you think.

Is your interest low due to outside factors in your current life, or is your interest low due to the state and quality of Infinite? 

@Boyo Any item that has become free, and then asks for a price later, is an insult.

Considering gate-keeping through such a thing is an even bigger insult.

You're better than that.

@Obnokshus Both.

Yes, yes.  But would you buy infinite forge for a dollar?  

@S0UL FLAMEsend it to me in dm's. I'll then create 400 alt accounts starting with ReamisPrime and sneak potential info out through convoluted ideas like an AR that can shoot around corners but only the last half of the clip 

• Thonking (+0) 1
  • Hooked 2

2 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

No.

You paid $60 for Halo 5 but wouldn’t pay $1 for an upgraded forge?  Seems like you’re passing on a good value.  What gave you such strong feelings about not giving 343 another red fucking cent?