CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

6 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Sweet.  Both my kids also woke up from their nap during the second game as well.  Maybe tonight we can get some actual good games in.

Also.  

Hide contents

CE is the second child.   The first child died tragically. H2 and H3 are step children that you can tolerate.  Halo 4 and 5 are nasty court-assigned foster kids that you are desperately trying to get re-assigned

Lmao, what about infinite? 

1 minute ago, OG Nick said:

Rivals to lovers arc in the span of a few hours, nice

Enemies can become friends easily, anime has shown me this is possible. Especially one piece 

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Enemies can become friends easily, anime has shown me this is possible. Especially one piece 

Nice try pal, but I won't be your friend that easily 

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Lmao, what about infinite? 

Infinite is going to be okay. A decent Halo is underneath it, and it won't be hard to dig up this time. Just another round of attempting to make a game out of a game. Maybe a Mythic 2? Who knows.

Not really my focus anymore. I'm sure everyone here will have plenty to say once they also know as much about the game.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Nice try pal, but I won't be your friend that easily 

Oh I won’t be yours either I hate you 

5 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Infinite is going to be okay. A decent Halo is underneath it, and it won't be hard to dig up this time. Just another round of attempting to make a game out of a game. Maybe a Mythic 2? Who knows.

Not really my focus anymore. I'm sure everyone here will have plenty to say once they also know as much about the game.

Dude no one played mythic what makes you think they’ll do it this time 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Just now, Reamis25 said:

Oh I won’t be yours either I hate you 

And I hold no emotion toward you either way

11 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

And I hold no emotion toward you either way

See you in infinite you’re hot garbage 

6 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

See you in infinite you’re hot garbage 

Bold move for someone who's never played halo with me.

But I also play rarely these days 

2 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Bold move for someone who's never played halo with me.

But I also play rarely these days 

I could prove it and I hardly play myself thsss days. 

11 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I could prove it and I hardly play myself thsss days. 

It must be hard having this much of an ego on an irrelevant game. I do not care if you could beat me in a 1v1, which is irrelevant to Halo's competitive scene so why bother? 

H3 is the worst of the original 3 halo games. It's arguably the best Halo game in the last 13 years, but the bar is pretty low. 

Watch infinite be received better in this forum than 3, it won't happen, but god it should

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Shiiiiiit we ain't friends. 

He's only friends with ReamisPeni5. I made an alt for a reason

Close enough 

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

It must be hard having this much of an ego on an irrelevant game. I do not care if you could beat me in a 1v1, which is irrelevant to Halo's competitive scene so why bother? 

H3 is the worst of the original 3 halo games. It's arguably the best Halo game in the last 13 years, but the bar is pretty low. 

Watch infinite be received better in this forum than 3, it won't happen, but god it should

Dude why do you even comment towards me do you take me for real?  

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Dude why do you even comment towards me do you take me for real? 

I comment towards you because you respond to dumb shit like "split like a banana before you get folded like an omelet gamer", purely for amusement on a forum devoid of much else honestly. 

Pretty sure your just acting like a toolbox but hey it gives me something to do once and a while so why not

That’s it aphex me and you 1v1 CE RN you been liking every post that gives me shit and disliking every post I make you need to be taught a lesson you shitlord and the lesson is that you suck. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I swear the garbage kids I get on my team in CE 4s is so frustrating. Having teammates who don’t know that the AR isn’t useful except in niche scenarios

Precision Weapons 

The Magnum and Battle Rifle are the two utilitarian precision weapons.  Other species have hybrid weapons where precision fire is but one aspect of the weapon’s overall capabilities.  

The Needler only becomes a precision weapon while scoped, toggling from automatic-homing projectiles to headshot-capable semi-auto fire.  The Sand Blaster has no scope, augmenting its semi-auto attack with two alt-fires instead.  The Light Rifle is a [email protected] mini-sniper while scoped, a power-precision rifle, the only non-sniper with more than a 2x scope.  

For campaign balance, each species needs rifle capabilities but as multiplayer pick-ups, each rifle needs to offer something unique (compared to the utility weapon and other rifles).  When precision fire is just one component of a weapon’s overall capabilities, these rifles can have overlap in the precision fire department while remaining unique through the sum of their other features and abilities.  

9 hours ago, OG Nick said:

It has sprint and most of what we've seen from the sandbox looks wack so I doubt that is going to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

The Light Blade is an item that enhances melee.  Melee damage is increased, allowing for 1-shot-beatdowns with the 4sk Magnum or BR.  Player vitality is indirectly enhanced; killing an enemy with a melee strike begins the user’s shield recharge.  

Vitality can be further enhanced via map interaction.  Meleeing an Energy Beam begins the process of charging of a single-layer Overshield but damage resistance is halved while doing so, amplifying any damage taken in the process.  

Overshields are charged by Energy Beams and Light Blade is how Energy Beams are interacted with.  When an enemy picks up a Light Blade, there is a short list of places he is likely heading, allowing for counterplay.  This pick-up modifies player behavior in combat as well as player movement outside of combat.  

Infinite is going to be a slightly better H5 with a few more obnoxious mechanics inserted in here and there. If you don't enjoy H5, I wouldn't bet money on you enjoying Infinite. 

Personally, all I want at this point are projectile utility weapons with minimal magnetism, and for there to be something resembling a learning curve in Infinite. I don't think either are really going to be there. 

I also don't think anyone here really wants to call the mousetrap's bluff again and be optimistic for this game, but I'll state it anyway: 

You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you hold even the slightest bit of optimism. Expect literal H2A-tier gameplay at the absolute best. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

15 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Infinite is going to be a slightly better H5 with a few more obnoxious mechanics inserted in here and there. If you don't enjoy H5, I wouldn't bet money on you enjoying Infinite. 

Personally, all I want at this point are projectile utility weapons with minimal magnetism, and for there to be something resembling a learning curve in Infinite. I don't think either are really going to be there. 

I also don't think anyone here really wants to call the mousetrap's bluff again and be optimistic for this game, but I'll state it anyway: 

You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you hold even the slightest bit of optimism. Expect literal H2A-tier gameplay at the absolute best. 

I imagine it will have a fun honeymoon phase just like Halo 5 did.  It was fun because it was different and the process of learning a new game can be fun.  I can't imagine playing it competitively for more than a few months before it becomes infuriating just like Halo 5 and Halo 4 did with all their BS.

Hopefully the game launches with a customs browser or a server list sort of feature.  Maybe it could be fun with "Evolved" classic settings customs.  I guess it will depend on the gunplay and how it turns out.  I pray to Tom Taylor that the hit boxes aren't still the size of Montana.

I will be looking for No Sprint customs right off the bat.  I can guarantee you that.        

• Like (+1) 2