CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

9 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Dude I can whoop you in halo any day of the week 

Record the head to head and post it here, fellas.

In any decent Halo game a smoke would just be useless fluff. Not as offensive as AAs and H3s cancerous equipment, but still mildly annoying and not a complete non-factor like autos in H2-Reach. 

Think about it this way: We have 2x Frags and Stickies on maps, which can get you 1-2 kills when used correctly. People don't even really go out of their way for those. They pick them up, sure but they don't time them or go on detours to get them. So why would people go for smokes? It actually reminds me a lot of the waterfall on Shrine. Midly annoying, not very tactical, very gimmicky. 

Also if they add smokes they will 100% add another CS ripoff elimination gametype. And while Extermination is fun as a rotational, I don't want to see any dev resources go towards such a mode ever again. God damn all versions of Breakout make me irrationally angry just thinking about them. 

• Like (+1) 5

Seriously the best thing you can do for Halo's gameplay is just speed up the fucking killtimes.

Halo Infinite may actually have a respectable life cycle if 343 would just let players kill eachother faster.

• Like (+1) 7

13 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

the best thing you can do for Halo's gameplay is just speed up the fucking killtimes.

If you just speed up killtimes while keeping weapons too niche, it becomes very RPS.  Alt-fires quicken killtimes while also allowing weapons to be effective outside their primary niche.  

What are your thoughts on custom animations? we all know MTX is going to be the main cash draw for Infinite. Any of those who played cyberpunk know there's a certain weapon and mission you get where this gun has a certain animation where you pull it out and reload it. You spin the gun around in your hand to reload it and then spin it back the other way to shoot it.

Infinite could sell cool animations per weapons, and don't tell me you guys wouldn't want it. I've seen the proof over the years of H3... Everyone shoots their BR before they pickup the flag because the reload animation while grabbing flag looks better than the default pickup animation...

And tons of pros who YY cancel a reload purely because it looks cool. Sure some of them are actually trying to look for another shot, but I feel like most are trying to be flashy.

Personally I think of the CE pistol flipping animation. The only problem with this proposal is making the animations not drawn out or longer than the default animations.

I just think i'd get so bored on this game after 10 years and boring pizza skins

• Like (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 1

Deep Rock Galactic lets you twirl or mess around with your weapons and gear if you hit reload when full. I don't see a reason Halo couldn't let you do this, considering they place idle animations on weapons anyway. I like it when my weapons feel more interactive, even if it doesn't really do anything but appease my ADHD.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, znot said:

What are your thoughts on custom animations? we all know MTX is going to be the main cash draw for Infinite. Any of those who played cyberpunk know there's a certain weapon and mission you get where this gun has a certain animation where you pull it out and reload it. You spin the gun around in your hand to reload it and then spin it back the other way to shoot it.

Infinite could sell cool animations per weapons, and don't tell me you guys wouldn't want it. I've seen the proof over the years of H3... Everyone shoots their BR before they pickup the flag because the reload animation while grabbing flag looks better than the default pickup animation...

And tons of pros who YY cancel a reload purely because it looks cool. Sure some of them are actually trying to look for another shot, but I feel like most are trying to be flashy.

Personally I think of the CE pistol flipping animation. The only problem with this proposal is making the animations not drawn out or longer than the default animations.

I just think i'd get so bored on this game after 10 years and boring pizza skins

Sounds like a cool idea. Could this be tied to other things? Like melee and what not? 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Sounds like a cool idea. Could this be tied to other things? Like melee and what not? 

that's the idea, Nades throws, melees, reload animations, weapon pickups/drops. Tons of animation possibilities, and they would be client side, no need to animated it for everyone else to see as long as it fits in the same animation window as the defaults.

41 minutes ago, znot said:

that's the idea, Nades throws, melees, reload animations, weapon pickups/drops. Tons of animation possibilities, and they would be client side, no need to animated it for everyone else to see as long as it fits in the same animation window as the defaults.

Eh I think it be cool if everyone else sees them because a lot of people do want their skins and what not to be seen by others. Were not introverts. 

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

If you just speed up killtimes while keeping weapons too niche, it becomes very RPS.  Alt-fires quicken killtimes while also allowing weapons to be effective outside their primary niche.  

The positives vastly outweigh the negatives. The experiencing you're describing here is significantly better than anything we've had in the past 10 years. 

46 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Everyone else seeing it in-game would help sell it.

Only for those who were interested in buying skins, which are going to be the people who already left skins toggled on.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Record the head to head and post it here, fellas.

Oh I’ll do it 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Tyco said:

Deep Rock Galactic lets you twirl or mess around with your weapons and gear if you hit reload when full. I don't see a reason Halo couldn't let you do this, considering they place idle animations on weapons anyway. I like it when my weapons feel more interactive, even if it doesn't really do anything but appease my ADHD.

As long as this feature doesn't lock you into an animation and prevent scoping, shooting, or changing weapons for its duration

• Like (+1) 1

Imagine the Needler was like the Light Rifle, in that it had a scope and activating that scope automatically toggled the weapon’s firemode.  

While unscoped, it fires its traditional automatic homing projectiles (16 needle-shards cause a supercombine).  

Scoping toggles the Needler into Rifle Mode, firing semi automatic 6sk precision needles (no homing, faster projectile speed, headshot capable, supercombine at 8 needles).  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Boyo said:

Imagine the Needler was like the Light Rifle, in that it had a scope and activating that scope automatically toggled the weapon’s firemode.  

While unscoped, it fires its traditional automatic homing projectiles (16 needle-shards cause a supercombine).  

Scoping toggles the Needler into Rifle Mode, firing semi automatic 6sk precision needles (no homing, faster projectile speed, headshot capable, supercombine at 8 needles).  

That sounds jarring as fuck especially if there's descope in the game. Burst => single shot when scoped is fine, but auto to single shot AND only having headshot bonus when scoped is asking for disaster. 

Btw boyo what does your button layout look like with all the alt fires you keep suggesting? Is alt fire always scope or reload on guns that don't need it? 

11 hours ago, Basu said:

what does your button layout look like with all the alt fires you keep suggesting? Is alt fire always scope or reload on guns that don't need it? 

All weapons are controlled by the same three buttons:  RT, LT, and X.  

RT is primary fire.  

LT is scope or alt-fire.  

X is reload, toggle firemode, or weapon ability.  

Magnum (standard scope-fire-reload human weapon)

RT - fire 4sk bullets, killing in 0.9 seconds ([email protected]

LT - scope 

X - reload 

Mauler (alt-fire that reloads) 

RT - fire volley of 7 pellets, killing in [email protected] or 7 plus melee (consume 1 round of ammo per shot) 

LT - fire explosive Bruteshot round, killing in [email protected] direct hits (consume 2 rounds of ammo per shot) 

X - reload 6 round magazine 

Plasma Repeater (alt-fire with weapon ability) 

RT - fire [email protected] plasma bolts ([email protected] if all headshots) 

LT - use heat generated by primary fire as ammo for close range alt-fire attack 

X - creates two holograms flanking the user on either side, mimicking his movements (weapon ability) 

Plasma Detonator (toggle firemode variant:  toggle function of both LT and RT using X) 

RT1 - semi automatically fire up to four remotely detonated stickies 

LT1 - detonate stickies 

X - toggle to launcher mode (toggle firemode) 

RT2 - charge then fire up to four homing stickies 

LT2 - scope 

Button Layout 

RT - Fire

LT - Scope, Alt-fire 

RB - Throw grenade 

LB - Jump, Armor Ability (aerial) 

A - Armor Ability 

B - Equipment 

X - Reload, Toggle firemode, Weapon ability 

Y - Switch weapons, Equip Sidearm (hold) 

L3 - Crouch 

R3 - Melee 

Up - Cycle grenade types 

Down - Cycle armor/aerial abilities 

Left - Cycle equipment/artifacts 

Right - Cycle sidearms

• Like (+1) 1

giphy.gif

Make it live boys, best of 7, no prizepool, fight for honor. Knighty to cast. Looser has to use turd as profile pic until infinite comes out.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Fire (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

giphy.gif

Make it live boys, best of 7, no prizepool, fight for honor. Knighty to cast. Looser has to use turd as profile pic until infinite comes out.

4 straight wins shouldn't take long

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Should 343 add a walk button to Halo or to take it a step further. Star citizen has a function where you can control your walk speed with the mouse scroll.

Scrolling up makes you run faster, scrolling down makes you walk. 343 could make it have a few speeds. So that everyclick of the mouse scroll increases the speed in those stage.

You could choose to have 3 different states to auto pick from, Walk, faster walk and default run. So if you're running and you want to walk, two clicks back (scroll clicks).

Or another option that just lets you dial it back without the steps, so each scroll will just slow you down incrementally. Like a volume slider, you adjust it yourself via the mouse wheel. no snapping to preadjusted walk values.

Or turn it off all together.

7 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

MCC CE Prisoner 1v1?  

Why would I 1v1 you in the halo im worse at? I obviously was talking h3 or any other halo would do. I don’t play a fools game. I’m not gonna 1v1 you on the only game you’re worth a damn at. Only a fool would accept that 

• Downvote (-1) 1

11 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Imagine wanting to 1v1 in a game with a main gun that can't shoot more than 15 feet accurately

JuSt LeAd

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Imagine wanting to 1v1 in a game with a main gun that can't shoot more than 15 feet accurately

I just won’t play anyone in h1. Any of the other games works for me. 

• Downvote (-1) 1