CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

11 minutes ago, Boyo said:

How much meaningful room is there between the standard two hit kill melee and the one hit kill sword?  This is why alt-fire is so important to the sandbox as a whole; it can give weapons identity outside their traditional single function.  The sword can be more than just a super-melee.  

I disagree with you in the context that I am okay with a sword being super-melee; the same way the sniper is super long range, i'd feel more inclined to lower the sniper ROF to have it perform worse in cqc. 

Halo has always succeeded in weapons visibility; knowing what a player can do with what they have in their hand and on their back. The approach of multi-pronged threats imo should come from dealing with threats based on what you see the players approaching you have, and what the best situation for that player to perform against you in. Seeing a player with an assault rifle should lead me to assume they will perform better and better the closer they get - seeing a brute shot means I ought to get vertical. Clear, concise roles. 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Basu said:

I thought with Halo on PC this would come up again and mouse gods would be noscoping left and right , but apparently no one uses MKB

It’s because mouse aiming with any gun that’s not a sniper is dog shit, and mouse aiming while scoped with a sniper is even worse. This game hands down has the worse mouse aiming and you can’t find a modern game that has it worse.

@Obnokshus how slow of a rate of fire are we talking here? If you really want to nerf the sniper then the sniper shouldn’t be allowed 4 shots a clip. I say 2 shots be far more balanced but that’s just me. Most games allow the sniper to have one bullet at a time. 

16 minutes ago, Obnokshus said:

What if we explored a greater variety of melee damage specific to different weapons? Would this encourage the development different guns to perform better in CQC strictly by firing if their ability to beat down a player wasnt synonomous with other weapons? Or would this create too many inconsistencies? 

What I'm trying to address is what I feel is Halo 3's second biggest weakness, a rather bland cqc that mostly results in beatdowns. 

Two words: button combos. 

Seriously, even Halo 2 (with it's melee lunge and whatnot) has the most depth of any Halo game's melee system solely because of button glitches. 

Every single fight is decided by a reaction time difference of < 150 milliseconds. Halo 2's weird melee registration also forces people to orient themselves in a particular way, and to aim their melees, on top of the actual button timing. 

It's a brilliant system. It'd work wonders when the button combos are intentionally designed and tuned. 

6 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Two words: button combos. 

Seriously, even Halo 2 (with it's melee lunge and whatnot) has the most depth of any Halo game's melee system solely because of button glitches. 

Every single fight is decided by a reaction time difference of < 150 milliseconds. Halo 2's weird melee registration also forces people to orient themselves in a particular way, and to aim their melees, on top of the actual button timing. 

It's a brilliant system. It'd work wonders when the button combos are intentionally designed and tuned. 

You need to ask yourself this though. Do people want button combos in a shooter? It sounds counter intuitive if you ask me. I don’t exactly know any games that have done what h2 did(though unintentional) and have combination techniques to melee faster, shooter faster etc. a more defined movement system which can make people miss shots seems to be the rage. Sprint, slide or faSt strafe accel like apex comes to mind in that regard. Hell even in cod if you do the sprint slide combo helps people miss shots 

• Downvote (-1) 2

11 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Stfu you never say anything worth a damn anyway 

Bruh you better split like a banana before you get folded like an omelet gamer

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Stfu you never say anything worth a damn anyway 

It might be sir, but I am also not trying to be smart and not plaguing this lovely place with nonsense.

16 hours ago, Boyo said:

Here is video I made where I talk about other video I made as well as video I haven’t made yet.  Enjoy.  

If you have something to say just say it idea man

the covenant cyclone spinner is a semi-utility armor ability that 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Bruh you better split like a banana before you get folded like an omelet gamer

Stfu moron, only thing ever contribute to is to talk shit to me, other than that you’re useless, you don’t even talk halo. Didn’t you play that reach evolved and get shit on like everyone else here lmao. Was literally smacking all of you in that and the only one who did any good was basu

• Downvote (-1) 4

2 hours ago, Hemlax said:

It might be sir, but I am also not trying to be smart and not plaguing this lovely place with nonsense.

Are you even a competitive halo gamer? Why the fuck you even here. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

Just now, Reamis25 said:

Stfu moron, only thing ever contribute to is to talk shit to me, other than that you’re useless, you don’t even talk halo. 

Crazy considering I've mentioned stuff about MCC several times. 

And yeah I talk shit to you because damn it's funny watching you start insulting people over jokes. 

1 minute ago, OG Nick said:

Crazy considering I've mentioned stuff about MCC several times. 

And yeah I talk shit to you because damn it's funny watching you start insulting people over jokes. 

What have you said about mcc! Half the time it’s shit people already know! That doesn’t count! 

• Downvote (-1) 2

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

What have you said about mcc! Half the time it’s shit people already know! That doesn’t count! 

I mean it's a discussion board... for things we already know? What have YOU talked about Halo wise people don't already know? Huh? 

I don't have the right crayons to explain this to you, but there is NOTHING new worth talking about. Theorizing ideas? Sure. Complaining? Sure. Talking Halo? Sure. Talking about the news that isn't new? I fucking guess we can talk about Infinite being delayed like we didn't see it coming again. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

I mean it's a discussion board... for things we already know? What have YOU talked about Halo wise people don't already know? Huh? 

I don't have the right crayons to explain this to you, but there is NOTHING new worth talking about. Theorizing ideas? Sure. Complaining? Sure. Talking Halo? Sure. Talking about the news that isn't new? I fucking guess we can talk about Infinite being delayed like we didn't see it coming again. 

We cab at least talk about upcoming shit that’s possible. A new game type, a weapon etc. not rehashing the same topic 24/7. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Isn't it amazing that with 343's ingenious unlock system you're forced to play dogshit like spartan ops and farm promethean kills instead of just grinding MP to unlock stuff like literally every other FPS game in existence? Not like the skins are impressive, but it's mindblowing how out of touch with their fanbase they still are.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Basu said:

Isn't it amazing that with 343's ingenious unlock system you're forced to play dogshit like spartan ops and farm promethean kills instead of just grinding MP to unlock stuff like literally every other FPS game in existence? Not like the skins are impressive, but it's mindblowing how out of touch with their fanbase they still are.

What game doesn’t force people to play stupid shit to unlock something? PvP people aren’t the only ones who exist.

@Crimson just because you hate the truth doesn’t mean I’m wrong, merry Christmas asshole

• Downvote (-1) 3

On 12/24/2020 at 5:47 PM, _Synapse said:

Dude, this is such a backwards and limiting way of thinking about mechanics. Recoil affects your input just as much as projectile bullets and weapons that need to be scoped for RRR do. 

That is not how I think about mechanics, it was a way of trying to make you realize how devoid of decision making recoil control is.

And no, recoil and scoping or leading are not alike at all. That's my point:

There is no choice involved with recoil control. You want to control it; not doing so is not a viable choice because in no situation is it better. On the other hand, scoping is a choice between accuracy and awareness. Leading isn't directly a very interesting choice (which direction to lead is pretty much made for you if you know which way your enemy is going to go, but it's still a choice), but benefit strafe battles and traversability of big maps due to travel time by requiring prediction to hit shots. Scoping in and leading is input translating a choice directly into the game. Recoil control is just ...pulling down because there is nothing more to it.

What makes Halo fun is its many viable, interesting options at any time. Recoil is a chore, an obstacle before you can play the real game (make decisions and represent them in game). It will never have any impact on the meta becuase the act of controlling it is completely disjointed from the rest of the game.

I think not having recoil far outweighs the supposed benefit in players having to practice to use the gun's full potential. If the gun is OP, recoil won't stop pros. So you have to balance the gun with perfect control in mind, meaning using its full potential shouldn't break the game anyways.

Also, it's setting up players for failure, not sick plays. Your gun idea (which I again like btw) adds new options to the game, perhaps a pro uses a combo to secure an unexpected ranged kill for the win. Recoil (or any other mechanical mini-puzzle) adds the scenario that a high stakes tournament is decided by who pulls down the best.

1 minute ago, potetr said:

That is not how I think about mechanics, it was a way of trying to make you realize how devoid of decision making recoil control is.

And no, recoil and scoping or leading are not alike at all. That's my point:

There is no choice involved with recoil control. You want to control it; not doing so is not a viable choice because in no situation is it better. On the other hand, scoping is a choice between accuracy and awareness. Leading isn't directly a very interesting choice (which direction to lead is pretty much made for you if you know which way your enemy is going to go, but it's still a choice), but benefit strafe battles and traversability of big maps due to travel time by requiring prediction to hit shots. Scoping in and leading is input translating a choice directly into the game. Recoil control is just ...pulling down because there is nothing more to it.

What makes Halo fun is its many viable, interesting options at any time. Recoil is a chore, an obstacle before you can play the real game (make decisions and represent them in game). It will never have any impact on the meta becuase the act of controlling it is completely disjointed from the rest of the game.

I think not having recoil far outweighs the supposed benefit in players having to practice to use the gun's full potential. If the gun is OP, recoil won't stop pros. So you have to balance the gun with perfect control in mind, meaning using its full potential shouldn't break the game anyways.

Also, it's setting up players for failure, not sick plays. Your gun idea (which I again like btw) adds new options to the game, perhaps a pro uses a sick combo to secure an unexpected ranged kill for the win. Recoil (or any other mechanical mini-puzzle) adds the scenario that a high stakes tournament is decided by who pulls down the best.

Recoil control should only be given/needed for autos. This way we can have strong autos without them being op. 

• Thonking (+0) 1

4 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Recoil control should only be given/needed for autos. This way we can have strong autos without them being op. 

Very smart! You both understood the post and replied in less than 2 min.

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

33 minutes ago, potetr said:

Very smart! You both understood the post and replied in less than 2 min.

Recoil isn’t meant to stop pros as if you’re good at that and can aim you’ll dominate. It’s a balancing tool to make a gun that usually is op or UP because it’s too easy to use. You say it’s a chore but that’s the point! It needs to be so there’s other factors than just keep the reticule on your opponent. You say it’s decided by who pulls down the best when that’s important it’s not RNG, that player was just better at their recoil control and they deserve the kill. If a player fails to make a sick play because they couldn’t control their recoil then they deserve to fail. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

What game doesn’t force people to play stupid shit to unlock something? PvP people aren’t the only ones who exist.

@Crimson just because you hate the truth doesn’t mean I’m wrong, merry Christmas asshole

I guess I can't downvote your opinion of games all needing to be designed to encourage a theme park routine to get things you want despite playing games that avoid this method to incentive players to do what they enjoy first and foremost.

Merry Christmas, hit the blunt for ya boi a couple times.

1 hour ago, Crimson said:

I guess I can't downvote your opinion of games all needing to be designed to encourage a theme park routine to get things you want despite playing games that avoid this method to incentive players to do what they enjoy first and foremost.

Merry Christmas, hit the blunt for ya boi a couple times.

Don’t downvote at all and we won’t have problems 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2