CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

11 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

No it didn't. Stop saying this.

It didn’t? I remember a lot of people loving the Nerf armor lock received? It fixed a lot of the issues people had with it. I also played MLG constantly when v7 rolled out and BTB occasionally so I wasn’t on forums regarding halo back in those days but I know many I played with loved it’s nerf. But all in all how am I wrong please stop instantly going to I’m wrong and just say why.

@Aphex Twin stop disliking every fucking post I make you turd! I already know to your the proper thing woulf of been to remove armor lock from the game but that was never going to happen you tool! 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

It didn’t? I remember a lot of people loving the Nerf armor lock received? It fixed a lot of the issues people had with it. I also played MLG constantly when v7 rolled out and BTB occasionally so I wasn’t on forums regarding halo back in those days but I know many I played with loved it’s nerf. But all in all how am I wrong please stop instantly going to I’m wrong and just say why.

@Aphex Twin stop disliking every fucking post I make you turd! I already know to your the proper thing woulf of been to remove armor lock from the game but that was never going to happen you tool! 

If you polish a turd, it's still a turd.

7 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

If you polish a turd, it's still a turd.

Touché 

I just don’t understand what was wrong about my post exactly. If you look at it from a competitive standpoint it wasn’t in the game mode to begin with. But the nerfs it received solved most of the issues with it. Obviously removing it period was out of the question 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I just don’t understand what was wrong about my post exactly. If you look at it from a competitive standpoint it wasn’t in the game mode to begin with. But the nerfs it received solved most of the issues with it.

It fixed some of the complaints, but it failed to address the fundamental fact that the ability is broken and had no place in even a casual multiplayer setting. Even though you can now bump a user out of Armor Lock a little faster, its only functional use in a 4v4 setting is still to weasel out of losing battles. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, I know who played Reach despised Armor Lock and would only use it ironically or to be a complete shitter.

Obviously removing it period was out of the question 

I mean, not really. Game developers are more than willing to remove game-breaking/annoying features from matchmaking after launch. Hell, Bungie removed the Deployable Cover equipment because it was being abused and removed Flares and Firebomb Grenades because they caused latency issues. There's no reason why Bungie/343 couldn't have limited Armor Lock to BTB/Invasion in matchmaking; it had no place in game modes without vehicles.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

the Deployable Cover equipment because it was being abused and removed Flares and Firebomb Grenades because they caused latency issues. There's no reason why Bungie/343 couldn't have limited Armor Lock to BTB/Invasion in matchmaking; it had no place in game modes without vehicles.

Wasn’t that equipment an option in BTB though? And flares and firebomb were removed for tech reasons than gameplay abuse. But the armor lock nerf was more than enough. Hell people didn’t even use it in TU because all you needed to do was grenade it once and it knocked you out near instantly. But developers usually don’t remove things they nerf or buff things from what I’ve noticed. 

6 hours ago, JordanB said:

If they wouldn't have opened up pre-orders on last gen consoles they might have been able to avoid this issue. 

Which reminds me, stop pre-ordering games!

I haven't preordered a game since Halo 3 and that's because it physically ran out of stock on shelves.

Since 2007 that's not a problem though and preordering is for idiots.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Shekkles said:

It's actually a proper next-gen game. It's a shame they even bothered releasing on older stuff as it's so good on newer stuff.

I wouldn't describe despawning cars and pedestrians anytime you turn around next gen

25 minutes ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

I wouldn't describe despawning cars and pedestrians anytime you turn around next gen

Is that a bug or a feature so the game doesn’t break? 

The cyberpunk ai needs work but its reasonably ok at maintaining the illusion in the majority of cases. Plus the sheer amount of ai is probably staggering. Even when compared to gta.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

The cyberpunk ai needs work but its reasonably ok at maintaining the illusion in the majority of cases. Plus the sheer amount of ai is probably staggering. Even when compared to gta.

I get that everyone wants to shoot the piss at Cyberpunk, but at the end of the day, its technical issues are the only thing holding it back. I personally think the game has nowhere to go but up in quality from here, and I don't see any reason to throw CDPR under the bus just yet. They've earned that much.

1 hour ago, The Tyco said:

I get that everyone wants to shoot the piss at Cyberpunk, but at the end of the day, its technical issues are the only thing holding it back. I personally think the game has nowhere to go but up in quality from here, and I don't see any reason to throw CDPR under the bus just yet. They've earned that much.

Yeah facts. Some people don't get why a game like fallout 76 didn't get a pass but cyberpunk does, but the difference is that cyberpunk is actually a good game at the end of the day. 76 was... really just an attack on gamers everywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

What do yall think about throwing empty weapons at an enemy?

aecdf3ca1d822a307e4e3036d61e7cbe.gif

So, you could throw your empty weapon at an enemy for about 25% of less health off their sheilds (about one BR burst or less) and then clean then up with the pistol if you're fast enough. The animation would probably be as fast as swapping weapons so there's no advantage over the other. Still have to rely on either them choking or you having a good strafe.

Button to do this action would be 1. have an empty weapon first 2. Hold RT (fire) and melee (flings the weapon at enemy) This way the game wont confuse the action as you need to hold RT first to throw the gun.

obviously this would be a last case scenario if there's no ammo around and it still gives you a viable chance while being empty and caught off guard. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What happens if you throw your only weapon?  

Yeah this would only allow you to do it with a second weapon on your spartan, but you blew my mind for a sec.

7 minutes ago, znot said:

Yeah this would only allow you to do it with a second weapon on your spartan, but you blew my mind for a sec.

I hope this can blow it even further.  

Primary fire heats the Plasma Repeater up.  Alt-fire uses that heat as ammo to spray a short duration stream of damaging gas forward a short distance.  This mechanic is similar to weapon tossing in that when the weapon is close to being out of ammo (overheated), a short range secondary attack is unlocked.  

The Plasma Repeater’s exhaust vent attack seeks to achieve a similar goal as weapon tossing but performs it in a cleaner, more Halo manner.  

• Hooked 1

Plasma Rifle: A close-to-medium range weapon that fires plasma bolts.

Projectile Speed: 60 m/s (1.2x faster than Halo CE PR's Projectile Speed). 

Spread & Bloom: Zero spread or bloom on the weapon. 

RoF: 600RPM. 

Heat Generation: Overheats after 2 seconds of continuous fire. 

Battery Consumption: 1% battery use per 4 rounds fired, totalling 400 shots. 

Projectile/Weapon Properties: Projectiles deal raised damage against shields, completely stripping a Spartan's shields in 4 hits (0.4 seconds) and an OS in 12 hits (1.2 seconds). 6 hits are required to kill unshielded Spartans, totalling a TTK of 1 second. 

Projectiles will slow enemy movement speed to 50% for a 0.25 second duration after striking the opponent. 

Firing the weapon allows the player to instantly return to full camo strength. 

Equipping the weapon allows the player to throw all types of grenades in a larger arc. 

Plasma bolts from this weapon will deal 30% of their overall damage output to a struck vehicle's fixed HP. 

Use: Close-mid range weapon meant for flanking and suppression. Flanking players can catch unaware players in a lethal headlock with the movement nerf, and can suppress very effectively at close-mid ranges with the high individual damage per bolt and the ability to very quickly fill the air with bolts. In BTB, the plasma rifle has utility in the ability to badly cripple overly aggressive enemy vehicles. 

_

Plasma Repeater: A medium range weapon that fires "bursts" of 2 plasma bolts. 

Projectile Speed: 150m/s. 

Spread & Bloom: Zero. 

Recoil: 1 degree of non-resetting recoil per shot fired (2 degrees per single burst). 

RoF: 240RPM (0.2 seconds to fire 2 bolts in rapid succession, followed by a 0.3 second heat expulsion period of cooldown). 

Heat Generation: 

Battery Consumption: 1% per 2-bolt burst, totaling 200 shots. 

Scope: 2x scope. 

Projectile/Weapon Properties: Similar to the Plasma Rifle's projectiles, the Plasma Repeater's projectiles deal raised damage against shields. 2 individual bolts will bring a Spartan to 33% shields, 3 individual bolts will bring a Spartan to zero shields, and another 4 following bolts will kill an unshielded Spartan, totalling a TTK of 1.6 seconds. 

Plasma bolts from this weapon will deal 30% of their overall damage output to a struck vehicle's fixed HP. 

Alt-Fire: The alt-fire makes the weapon fire a bolt which dissipates into a cloud of ionizing plasma upon contact with solid objects. The cloud of ionizing plasma will remain in place for 1 second following impact, and will deal various forms of damage to entities that stand within. 

Alt-Fire Projectile Speed: 50m/s. 

Alt-Fire Gravity Scale: The same as that on the frag grenade tosses. 

Alt-Fire Recoil: None. 

Alt-Fire RoF: 180RPM. 

Alt-Fire Battery Consumption: 1% per bolt, totaling 100 shots. 

Alt-Fire Swap Time (Time taken to swap out of the Alt-Fire): 0.6 seconds. 

Alt-Fire Properties: The cloud of plasma will be 2m x 2m x 1m in volume and last for 1 second. Shielded entities standing within will have their shields drained at a rate of 50% per second. OS exposed to the cloud will begin to decay, in addition to whatever damage it takes. Camo exposed to the cloud will be neutralized for a 10 second period. Direct hits deal no damage. 

Use: Mid-range weapon meant for shield suppression, with moderate area-of-denial functions. The higher projectile speed, damage, and scope enable a user to bring targeted Spartans to 1 shot within a 0.2 second period, which leaves them extremely vulenerable to a quick headshot from a DMR. The alt-fire enables  the user to score free damage on a careless opponent, but leaves the user vulnerable. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I got an honest question for everyone here. Based on the gameplay you saw from the campaign demo do you like what you see? 
now I know the main dislikes are from seeing sprint(which I agree with but I’ve gotten to the point where I’m just like fuck it ) and clamber(which I’ve never hated but can totally understand the dislike for it). 

On a scale of 1-10 what’s yours like on it. Obviously 1 is I don’t like it at all but I’ll still try it and 0(it’s a secret category) is I don’t like it and won’t try it period. 
5 is mutual I don’t hate or like it. 

16 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I got an honest question for everyone here. Based on the gameplay you saw from the campaign demo do you like what you see? 
now I know the main dislikes are from seeing sprint(which I agree with but I’ve gotten to the point where I’m just like fuck it ) and clamber(which I’ve never hated but can totally understand the dislike for it). 

On a scale of 1-10 what’s yours like on it. Obviously 1 is I don’t like it at all but I’ll still try it and 0(it’s a secret category) is I don’t like it and won’t try it period. 
5 is mutual I don’t hate or like it. 

It's impossible to tell what the multiplayer will look like based on that video.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Is the plasma:shields::bullets:health dichotomy still necessary?  Can’t we just balance weapons based on overall kill time, and not have shields pop in one plasma bolt but require another 27 to kill?  To me, making plasma weapons significantly stronger against shields than health just seems to encourage the use of a precision finishing weapon.  I don’t think this is ideal.  Plasma weapons should be able to stand on their own and not be relegated to “shield strippers” which is what they become when they are too strong against shields while too weak against health.  

1 hour ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

It's impossible to tell what the multiplayer will look like based on that video.

Umm well based on the first gameplay alone and assuming that gameplay is most likely what multiplayer is going to bring what is your particular take on it. 

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Is the plasma:shields::bullets:health dichotomy still necessary?  Can’t we just balance weapons based on overall kill time, and not have shields pop in one plasma bolt but require another 27 to kill?  To me, making plasma weapons significantly stronger against shields than health just seems to encourage the use of a precision finishing weapon.  I don’t think this is ideal.  Plasma weapons should be able to stand on their own and not be relegated to “shield strippers” which is what they become when they are too strong against shields while too weak against health.  

We had a weapon like that in reach and that was the plasma repeater which was better in the beta but in the final product was straight garbage. 

@_Synapse

I like the idea of a burst fire Repeater with zoning/control capabilities. I'd extend the burst to four (but fired faster) and let it kill in two, but slow the velocity so it's harder to hit with. Kinda inspired by the gold pro mod arena needler.

But recoil, ew. What does it add to the game when played at the highest level?

TTK calc for plasma rifle is off by 0.1s for all btw, x shots to kill means x-1 shot intervals

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

To me, making plasma weapons significantly stronger against shields than health just seems to encourage the use of a precision finishing weapon.

They encourage the corner crouching in tandem with a beatdown. The plasma rifle is tied with the mauler in H3 due to the 3 shot beatdown that also allows the player to close distance to result in at worst case a trade better than the mauler, though the mauler is better at the one and done. Precisions only benefit with eons long killtimes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1