CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

21 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

and that less than 10% of the leftover population actually understands how Halo is supposed to be played.

This comment makes me laugh because I’ve seen idiot AR start lovers who think that’s the way halo is meant to be played. 

• Like (+1) 1

All I ask is that Infinite has proper fucking aiming. If it has proper aiming I will probably enjoy it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

This comment makes me laugh because I’ve seen idiot AR start lovers who think that’s the way halo is meant to be played. 

Halo is a video game.  It's meant to be played in any way that the player finds enjoyable. (as long as they are not blatantly cheating)

• Fire (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Rick said:

Halo is a video game.  It's meant to be played in any way that the player finds enjoyable. (as long as they are not blatantly cheating)

This may be true but AR starts clearly suck. AR starts only work if everyone is playing the same way and that’s blindly rushing 

Idk why radar is ok to people in ranked doubles? So many doubles players wanted HC removed and old doubles brought back. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

This may be true but AR starts clearly suck. AR starts only work if everyone is playing the same way and that’s blindly rushing 

Oh I agree with you 100%.

Also agree with radar on Doubles.  It's not fun for me at all.  That was one of the things H4 did right, Slayer Pro Doubles had no radar.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Well I agree something like apex is my preferred projectile 

yeah, there are some examples of good projectiles out there that i think people are familiar enough with at this point. Implementing it in Halo shouldn't be a big deal.  

12 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

All I ask is that Infinite has proper fucking aiming. If it has proper aiming I will probably enjoy it.

They really just need to copy/paste the modern aiming from MCC.  If they try to get fancy with it again, they're fucking it up.  Its funny how they tried to justify the H5 aiming initially.  Clearly if you felt the need to try to reinvent the wheel with the aiming your game was broken.

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

yeah, there are some examples of good projectiles out there that i think people are familiar enough with at this point. Implementing it in Halo shouldn't be a big deal.  

They really just need to copy/paste the modern aiming from MCC.  If they try to get fancy with it again, they're fucking it up.  Its funny how they tried to justify the H5 aiming initially.  Clearly if you felt the need to try to reinvent the wheel with the aiming your game was broken.

Yeah modern aiming should be what they go with. I mean the campaign demo looked  like aiming from h4, rather than h5. Heck’s if you watch a video of h4 and h5 you can actually tell how different aiming looks. 

Alright, let’s talk grappling hook.  

What does a grappling hook do?  

Fires a limited range projectile that, on impact, quickly pulls the player to it.  

How can a grappling hook be implemented?  

Base trait, equipment, armor ability, weapon ability, grenade type, melee modifier, vehicle.  

What is the best way to implement a grappling hook?  

I believe attaching the grappling hook to a specific weapon is the best way to incorporate it.  The Spiker has no scope.  Instead, it alt-fires a grappling hook.  The Spiker can fire one grappling hook per magazine and must be reloaded between firings.  

A grappling hook mechanic should be instantly available therefore it makes sense to attach it to the thing you are always holding and pointing forward, your gun.  Merging the grappling hook with a weapon does two things, gives it a natural resource management system by piggybacking on the reload mechanic to limit consecutive uses and requires the user occupy his primary weapon slot with a non-power weapon, preventing grapple-sword cheese and things of that nature.  

Someone else mentioned that a grenade type would be best for a grappling hook because the drop over distance naturally limits its range.  What do you think the best way to implement a grappling hook in Halo would be?  

37 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What do you think the best way to implement a grappling hook in Halo would be?  

Keep it limited to campaign. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Hooked 6

19 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Keep it limited to campaign. 

I mean it’s a pick up in halo infinites multiplayer and it’s been confirmed as a limited use equipment. I think this is perfectly fine. Let’s look at something’s that were irritating in halo but if given proper balance patches they’d not be so frustrating.

1. Armor lock. This was one of the biggest factors for reachs downfall but it’s TU counter part which nerfed the F out of it fixed a lot of problems people had. Hell a simple grenade was enough to knock them out of it.

2. Bubble shield. The main problem with bubble is the stagnation gameplay it makes and if it could be destroyed similarly to how reach TU armor lock was it wouldn’t be so bad. Hell I believe reach had bubble as an armor ability and it could be destroyed but it only popped up in BTB and invasion

3. Health regen. We all know the frustrations this equipment was but it’s h4 counter part was very balanced.

4. Jet pack. Jet pack allows people to break the set up the good team created,  now this isn’t entirely a bad thing but the main problem jet pack had was people spawned with it which really is unbalanced. 

A lot of armor abilities were op because people spawned with them, however equipment in h3 was very unbalanced, and a few tweaks as we’ve seen could of solved the problems these brought along. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

5 hours ago, Boyo said:

What is the best way to implement a grappling hook?  

I think its current iteration—that being a single-use equipment pickup—is the best you can make it for multiplayer, provided that its capable of also grappling weapons. I really don't see the mobility enhancement aspect of the grappling hook providing anything useful in a multiplayer setting beyond a "oh, I'm down a few shots and happen to have a grappling hook in my back pocket—looks like I can yeet on out of here" scenario. But, if the grappling hook can snag Rockets from a distance, I can see map makers creating interesting layouts that allow a team without control to use it to break set ups. That being said, this is an incredibly optimistic assessment—I don't think will provide much in terms of strategy augmentation in practice.

9 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

I think its current iteration—that being a single-use equipment pickup—is the best you can make it for multiplayer, provided that its capable of also grappling weapons. I really don't see the mobility enhancement aspect of the grappling hook providing anything useful in a multiplayer setting beyond a "oh, I'm down a few shots and happen to have a grappling hook in my back pocket—looks like I can yeet on out of here" scenario. But, if the grappling hook can snag Rockets from a distance, I can see map makers creating interesting layouts that allow a team without control to use it to break set ups. That being said, this is an incredibly optimistic assessment—I don't think will provide much in terms of strategy augmentation in practice.

i see grapplings hooks basically turning you into roadhog in overwatch if its able to connect to a player

1 hour ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Well if you look at that map it’s very vertical. Hell think of a map like prisoner and a grapple hook being bottom mid. 

On 12/15/2020 at 11:29 AM, Reamis25 said:

Would you guys like to see bullet drop in halo?

Yes, but I want the bullet to be on a flat trajectory until beyond mid range, then it drops. So find the longest range on 4v4 maps then make the bullets drop after that. This way it balances BTB maps a little more as you can't just hitscan map people (Reach and H2A have this as a crippling issue). Halo 3 soft-fixed it by adding spread but this is a dogshit fix. Projectiles that lose a little velocity and drop a little after range would mean shots at long range are actually earned in BTB.

But I would not want it to affect 4v4s.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Projectiles that lose a little velocity and drop a little after range would mean shots at long range are actually earned in BTB.

I think a good compliment to this is hitscan laser weapons like the sentinel beam, focus rifle, and spartan laser.  They aren’t headshot capable, can’t kill instantly, and emit a giant glowing ray pointing out the user’s location so its a fair trade.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2020 at 8:25 AM, Boyo said:

I think a good compliment to this is hitscan laser weapons like the sentinel beam, focus rifle, and spartan laser.  They aren’t headshot capable, can’t kill instantly, and emit a giant glowing ray pointing out the user’s location so its a fair trade.  

As long as the Binary rifle fucks off a cliff.

• Like (+1) 3

On 8/14/2020 at 6:46 AM, legendaryshotz said:

Any other company essentially I'd give benefit of the doubt.

CD Projekt delays Cyberpunk 2077 again, I happily take it knowing it's for the best and the game will be good at the end of the day.

343 delays Halo, and it's just the same old bullshit. Massive problems, what are they hiding, etc. Like, I already knew the game was a mess becuase it took so long to release gameplay of Halo Infinite. And on top of it it somehow looked worse than halo 5? Like what the fuck is that about?

This is the same pattern over and over. How people don't catch on is just mesmerizing on it's own. COVID or not you'd think a tech company of all companies would thrive in this current enviornment. 

Also, this is going to hurt new console sales pretty significantly. Halo Infinite was supposed to be the console seller. So you know it's some serious stuff if they can't release it on time, and what others are saying make sense that it may be a year+??? For a game that has been in development for over 5 years? Lol ok dude.

Welp, this aged like shit. LMAO. Back to your halo talk.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

CP2077 is actually real solid on a good rig. But we are talking about 12 months during crunch time of people working on the game in an entirely different way. Bound to be issues!

• Simms (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

CP2077 is actually real solid on a good rig. 

It's actually a proper next-gen game. It's a shame they even bothered releasing on older stuff as it's so good on newer stuff.

• Like (+1) 4

It annoys me to see so many apologists placing the blame on the fans for buying Cyberpunk on an old console. What a shit take. If the game was advertised to work on certain hardware then it should be expected to work on that hardware. No excuses.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Upvote (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

1. Armor lock. This was one of the biggest factors for reachs downfall but it’s TU counter part which nerfed the F out of it fixed a lot of problems people had. Hell a simple grenade was enough to knock them out of it. 

No it didn't. Stop saying this.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Shekkles said:

It's actually a proper next-gen game. It's a shame they even bothered releasing on older stuff as it's so good on newer stuff.

If they wouldn't have opened up pre-orders on last gen consoles they might have been able to avoid this issue. 

Which reminds me, stop pre-ordering games!

• Like (+1) 3

I don't understand the appeal of cross-gen play. I mean, I get it from a surface-level advertising perspective, but who wants to buy a new console to play games that also have to be designed for the old console? Obviously there will be compromises made to the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

I don't understand the appeal of cross-gen play. I mean, I get it from a surface-level advertising perspective, but who wants to buy a new console to play games that also have to be designed for the old console? Obviously there will be compromises made to the game. 

That's like saying why build a high cost PC?... Most games run better on the newer consoles. Especially from an original Xbox One to an XSX, you're talking sometimes 720 or 1080p up to 4k and 30/60 FPS up to 60/120 FPS. Going from GTA 5 taking 2 minutes to boot up vs 10 seconds. There are enhancements for both older games and newer released games.

I can buy an Xbox Series X but still play with all my friends who just have an Xbox One because they don't have the money (or can't find one) to buy it yet.

Plus it usually takes game developers a while to figure out everything with the new consoles to fully utilize them.