Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Boyo said:

What do you think about items like Camo and Grappling Hook being represented by a holographic symbol instead of a colorful physical object?  

I'm thinking Camo may have become an Armor Augment, same as the Grapple Hook and Drop Wall. I'm wondering if it means someone can toggle Camo on and off several times before they run out of uses/fuel. Which also begs the question; if said someone dies, can someone else take their Camo and use it?

  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post

@Reamis25 If you're positive about halo then this ain't the place, no one here has liked Halo or it's direction in about 15 years. 

 

This is what the forum looks like at the moment: 

maxresdefault.jpg

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I'm thinking Camo may have become an Armor Augment, same as the Grapple Hook and Drop Wall. I'm wondering if it means someone can toggle Camo on and off several times before they run out of uses/fuel. Which also begs the question; if said someone dies, can someone else take their Camo and use it?

Are they really called Armor Augments?  That makes no sense.  Augment is a verb.  The noun is augmentation.  
 

Any camo that the player can turn on and off manually is dumb.  Promotes passive play rather than aggressive.  
 

I know you guys have a hard-on for picking up half spent power ups but I think this will have adverse effects on gameplay.  Power ups are great cuz you can go full-out without worrying about giving the enemy team your advantage, like if you got killed with a power weapon.  
 

29 minutes ago, Gold said:

This is what the forum looks like at the moment: 

I think it’s more along the lines of this.  
 

 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder, is H5's heavy aiming a problem for the average reddit/waypoint dingus? 

Could easily see 343 bringing back heavy aiming for infinite if those people aren't making any noise about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

But that’s why not I like them. There’s a reason things become popular 

but that's the thing, 343 halo hasnt been popular. its sold well off nostalgia and an iconic name, but the releases have not really inspired the fandom. whether its the disappointing campaign or lackluster multiplayer. you only need to look at the fact that 343 will not release player population to know that its not going well. 

and yes people who have been around since halo was peak popularity will have strong opinions about why its declining. and of course we will disagree with the dev who wanted to handicap the game and hire people who hate halo. they stated these thing publicly going into halo 4.

personally, i would love for this to succeed. i hope you're right about f2p bringing and keeping a large population. i want to be as open as @Shekkles. but honestly we've seen 343 release 2 pretty poor halos and completely botch the mcc launch and keep quite for years before even attempting to touch it.  h5 was not a good halo game, but i thought it was a decent shooter if it werent a such technical mess. 343 has not earned confidence from us and from the little we've seen of infinite, it will be more of the same and was another technical mess that it was delayed from being the flagship title of the XSX after a 5 year dev cycle. 

i am looking forward to the pro scene if we can get players and @Clapis allowed to run the scene the way he wants

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

*logs into Beyond and sees 5 pages of new content*

*sees the first page is Reamis and Aphex arguing*

*skips 4 pages*

*still Reamis and Aphex arguing*

*logs off Beyond*

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

What would you think about a Halo game that had more of a focus on exploring planets in a non linear manner? You have a spaceship and choose which planets you visit and when.  

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, potetr said:

No doubt post-CE Halos would play better with a lower time to kill, but do you really think less aim assist would have improved them? Made them more popular?

 

Yes, I absolutely believe the Halo games would have been more popular and successful, especially over longer time periods, with lower TTK and less aim assists. The advent of matchmaking would have solved many of the (imaginary) issues people lay at the feet of challenging gameplay, namely that people don't like to get destroyed. Matchmaking works much better with a deep skill gap, because it's much easier to separate players based on ability in that type of game, rather than modern Halo games where success is completely dependent on your teammates. 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, potetr said:

No doubt post-CE Halos would play better with a lower time to kill, but do you really think less aim assist would have improved them? Made them more popular?

 

halo 2's aim assist made aiming such a snoozefest; no doubt with the aggressive button combos and reduced AA you'd see a greater emphasis on individual players' shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

I absolutely believe the Halo games would have been more popular and successful, especially over longer time periods, with lower TTK and less aim assists.

What do you think would have to happen to the rest of the sandbox if we were to return to a utility with a 0.6s kill time?  I believe giving scopeless weapons an alt-fire could help balance the quick killing utility against mid tier weapon pick ups.  

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What would you think about a Halo game that had more of a focus on exploring planets in a non linear manner? You have a spaceship and choose which planets you visit and when.  

Halo has a very rich lore. I always thought, they should try and expand the brand to different genres. But if they do that, they should outsource it to different, experienced studio.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What do you think would have to happen to the rest of the sandbox if we were to return to a utility with a 0.6s kill time? 

Static 60-90 second power item timers to balance the utility. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Aphex Twin said:

Static 60-90 second power item timers to balance the utility. 

Do mid tier weapon pick ups exist?  What makes them worth picking up?  

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Well with infinite being free it’ll definitely score a high population. 

Maybe for the honeymoon phase....  I will be shocked if the population doesn't start to sputter after 2 or 3 months.  

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Boyo said:

Do mid tier weapon pick ups exist?  What makes them worth picking up?  

I'm actually okay with having no 'just because' weapons in the sandbox. 

Maybe you could have weaker guns with a niche benefit, like the H1 AR's quick-camo. Otherwise, either buff all the weaker guns to make them worth picking up, or just de-clutter the sandbox. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Do mid tier weapon pick ups exist?  What makes them worth picking up?  

A faster firing mauler with reduced beatdown range to encourage close quarters skirmishing with direct fire rather than a maul beatdown. The tradeoff is still that it cannot instantly kill like the shotgun. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What do you think would have to happen to the rest of the sandbox if we were to return to a utility with a 0.6s kill time?  I believe giving scopeless weapons an alt-fire could help balance the quick killing utility against mid tier weapon pick ups.  

Just some refinements. The real balance of a quick TTK is a higher skill gap; make it very difficult to actually obtain the perfect TTK. We don't need every weapon in the sandbox to have a quick TTK to balance a utility weapon with a faster TTK. I'd prefer to see some uniqueness brought back to the niche weapons, like plasma stun. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, BigShow36 said:

We don't need every weapon in the sandbox to have a quick TTK to balance a utility weapon with a faster TTK. 

That’s kind of my point.  Mid tier weapons can be given power through their versatility, that alt-fire provides, not necessarily through raw kill time.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

That’s kind of my point.  Mid tier weapons can be given power through their versatility, that alt-fire provides, not necessarily through raw kill time.  

Like a plasma riffle that takes for ever to get a kill with but stuns the player and makes it hard for them to turn as quickly.  What a brilliant idea.  I'm sure no ones ever thought of cool gun effects like such.  Or maybe if the gun is larger and you melee with it, it does more melee damage.  And if you moving when you melee and you have momentum, it does even more damage.  Why has no one thought of these ideas before?

 

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Like a plasma riffle that takes for ever to get a kill with but stuns the player and makes it hard for them to turn as quickly. 

That’s a projectile effect not an alt-fire.  
 

For example, the Gravity Bow can 2sk a player in 0.6 seconds (quick-charge then auto fire) with knock back projectiles and it can also launch an arcing projectile that creates a gravity vortex on impact, tossing a nearby player out from behind cover.  

Share this post


Link to post

 

Realistic fear that those big teams who picked up Halo Rosters wont keep them around on salary for a full year.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Joseph said:

 

Realistic fear that those big teams who picked up Halo Rosters wont keep them around on salary for a full year.

I'm still curious why orgs were so gung-ho about signing so quickly in the first place.  There has to be someone with a silver tongue at 343 to have gotten the orgs to buy in so early.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

It looks like the orgs were kept in the dark about the year long delay just like the public was. 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yikes, not a good look

Lots of weird stuff and keeping people in the dark with this game,

Wonder how monster and all those promotions feel now that their deals will essentially be null when the game actually comes out

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Killmachine said:

Wonder how monster and all those promotions feel now that their deals will essentially be null when the game actually comes out

Pretty sure I saw Master Chief on some pop tarts last time I was at the store.  

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.