CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

18 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Why? This game is pretty much DOA and will have H5's population issues a few weeks after launch. Why go through the trouble of adapting for a game we already know wont be fun to play?

343 needs to adapt or die. Their game design philosophy has been a proven failure for several years now & unable to compete with Apex, Fortnite, CoD, etc... despite its uncontested dynasty pre-2010. 

No it won’t. It’s going to be free to play I doubt for a second it’s population will die or get anywhere as low as it did in h5 and you know this as well as I. You just named games that are free to play FYI. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Your opinions change like April weather and carry significance of plot in Road runner my friend.

It’s called having an open mind you should get one it’s healthy for ya. Less stress. 

4 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

It’s called having an open mind you should get one it’s healthy for ya. Less stress. 

Well most people realised this couple of years ago. Around time when  H4 came out.

If you call open mind eating up everything they serve you, then god help you.

14 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

No it won’t. It’s going to be free to play I doubt for a second it’s population will die or get anywhere as low as it did in h5 and you know this as well as I. You just named games that are free to play FYI. 

Infinite will be like H4 where it breaks day 1 sales records but everyone goes back to fortnite, apex, and other free to play games that are better. 

You are living in denial if you think F2P means everyone will overlook bad gameplay that's been proven to be bad (source: H4/H5 population)

8 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Well most people realised this couple of years ago. Around time when  H4 came out.

If you call open mind eating up everything they serve you, than god help you.

Never did enjoy h4. H5 I only hated that game because of the aiming everything else wasn’t terrible but wasn’t great either. But since we will not get another halo until 2030 at this point we’re beating a dead horse to bitch about a lack of no sprint halo. 

10 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Infinite will be like H4 where it breaks day 1 sales records but everyone goes back to fortnite, apex, and other free to play games that are better. 

You are living in denial if you think F2P means everyone will overlook bad gameplay that's been proven to be bad (source: H4/H5 population)

We’ll see about that. Apex legends holds the problem of it being only a BR and halo infinites gameplay looks very promising. When the July reveal came most loved what they saw regarding the gameplay. I know only a beta or flight will change your mind and I do hope it does. But you’re also a CE or die type of halo player so that most likely won’t happen.

3 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

When the July reveal came most loved what they saw regarding the gameplay. 

Just like how all the pros said 'H4 feels like Halo' before launch.

Gameplay looks no different than H4/H5, which again, has proven to be a failure. 

4 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Just like how all the pros said 'H4 feels like Halo' before launch.

Gameplay looks no different than H4/H5, which again, has proven to be a failure. 

There is no proof the gameplay is what killed these games. In h4 it was the cod elements of loadouts, kill streaks and basically no skill gap balance. 
H5 gets a lot of praise for its multiplayer and finding games wasn’t a hassle a few years ago. But it had the aiming problem which even casual players noticed but didn’t know what it was. One complaint I did see was how competitive the game felt. If a game doesn’t feel casual friendly but holds a unique skill gap between good and bad players it won’t do so hot. 
Halo infinite has a very good chance of holding a stable population and it being free is it’s best benefactor. And when streamers play it and hopefully have a good opinion on the game that’ll increase it’s population even greater. Hell I’d love it if m$ would release infinite for ps5 and switch with full cross play.

• Downvote (-1) 1

12 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Never did enjoy h4. H5 I only hated that game because of the aiming everything else wasn’t terrible but wasn’t great either. But since we will not get another halo until 2030 at this point we’re beating a dead horse to bitch about a lack of no sprint halo. 

Well, there are plenty of places where people like what 343 did to Halo, maybe, you know, you can change places, and leave us, bitter classic Halo fans rot here?

4 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Well, there are plenty of places where people like what 343 did to Halo, maybe, you know, you can change places, and leave us, bitter classic Halo fans rot here?

Why so you can moan alone in your suffering nah someone’s gotta be here to tell you how it is, even if you don’t like to hear that. I don’t enjoy everything 343 did to halo heck’s I hate most of it, it’s how I ended up here before. It was a community that wanted no sprint halo like me. Heck’s I used to host no sprint h4 customs. I used to play that h4 promod which was very fun.  But were at the end game where bitching about it only causes stress. 

If I hadn't read the blog and you'd shown me those screenshots of the new map and said they were from H4/H5, I would've believed you.

Not a good sign when your maps don't look unique or different at all from past titles.

• Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Metaphysics said:

If I hadn't read the blog and you'd shown me those screenshots of the new map and said they were from H4/H5, I would've believed you.

Not a good sign when your maps don't look unique or different at all from past titles.

If you look at the space maps from reach it looks a lot like those.

Also what were you expecting a different unsc design or something? 

• Downvote (-1) 1

7 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

There is no proof the gameplay is what killed these games. In h4 it was the cod elements of loadouts, kill streaks and basically no skill gap balance. 

Reamis: there is no proof the gameplay killed Halo

Also Reamis: halo 4's CoD/loadout gameplay killed its population

If Halo's gameplay changes didnt kill the franchise, why did the population start tanking when sprint was first introduced (Reach), and why did it never recover in any advanced-movement halo game? 

Infinite has no prayer for competing against any other AAA sprint/clamber/slide shooter.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

If you look at the space maps from reach it looks a lot like those.

Also what were you expecting a different unsc design or something? 

I don't know. Just saying that the map looks really bland.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Infinite has no prayer for competing against any other AAA sprint/clamber/slide shooter.  

It’ll be free to play, streamers give positive reviews the population will sky rocket. People will always play what’s popular or what their friends play and one problem is many individuals friends wouldn’t have halo. Newer generations  don’t know what halo is. this’ll help greatly. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

It’ll be free to play, streamers give positive reviews the population will sky rocket. 

Let me ask you this - if infinite was not free to play, do you still think the gameplay would be good enough to carry a decent population? 

6 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Why so you can moan alone in your suffering nah someone’s gotta be here to tell you how it is, even if you don’t like to hear that.

We don't need someone to tell us what's going on. We can find it ourselves. You really haven't been able to do that well, and should either try to accumulate information better, or move onto something else to pass your time.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Let me ask you this - if infinite was not free to play, do you still think the gameplay would be good enough to carry a decent population? 

Honestly no, because only hardcore players will buy the game. Streamers might play it but it won’t justify people to pay 60$ for a game that hasn’t been popular simbfe h3 08. The gameplay looks fun through but many people probably don’t care halo won’t be no sprint anymore. Halos had sprint for 11 years starting next year. 

5 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

We don't need someone to tell us what's going on. We can find it ourselves. You really haven't been able to do that well, and should either try to accumulate information better, or move onto something else to pass your time.

But you haven’t found it yet so what’s the deal?  

Honestly no, because only hardcore players will buy the game. Streamers might play it but it won’t justify people to pay 60$ for a game that hasn’t been popular simbfe h3 08 

So if the gameplay isnt good enough on its own to carry a decent population, what difference does it make if it's free or not? 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

So if the gameplay isnt good enough on its own to carry a decent population, what difference does it make if it's free or not? 

The gameplay is solid but it being a 60$ game, the players we get at the start will be the ones staying . The gameplay of classic halo isn’t that good it’s not interesting and for a lot of people feels slow. H5 multi kept people playing but as time his on a game will lose its player base

• Downvote (-1) 1

@Aphex Twin halo in the past wasn’t popular because of its gameplay nor was h3. H3 had a fun progression system and the forge and custom games is what made its glory. H2 was what made Xbox live what it is and if I’m correct was the first game to receive xbl. H5 had fun gameplay to a lot of people but it’s progression was really frustrating. There was nothing to earn except that Achilles helmet which forced a lot of people to join a company, and forced them to play a certain way or chances of getting the helmet was impossible. Halo infinite has the gameplay features that many are perfectly ok with in every game so far which is slide clamber and sprint. If gameplay looks appealing chances are it’ll play great as well. Reach brought a lot of rng, h4 sprint had no balance so tons of get out of jail free cards and maps sucked. H5 default maps were good but rest sucked. It also had no DEV bib maps so that community was screwed over.  If halo infinite has good playlist, weapon variety(yes that even means weapons that are just clones to each other it’s still variety) a fun progression system that’s a bit grindy(how do you think cod keeps its player base by having things you gotta grind your ass on a hot rail to get) constant updates and free dlc then this game won’t die like you expect. The population of h5 only really died when it’s suppprt was gone. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

38 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

The gameplay of classic halo isn’t that good it’s not interesting and for a lot of people feels slow. H5 multi kept people playing but as time his on a game will lose its player base

Why did H1 - H3 have much better player retention than any modern halo? 

Why couldnt H5 retain players as well as H1 - H3? 

9 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Reach brought a lot of rng, h4 sprint had no balance so tons of get out of jail free cards and maps sucked. H5 default maps were good but rest sucked. It also had no DEV bib maps so that community was screwed over. 

'Moderrn halo design failed 3 times in a row now, but THIS time they'll do it right'

If the core game design requires 4 separate iterations to get it right, maybe something is wrong with the core game design? 

• Like (+1) 5