Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, NAK said:

hi-multiplayer-map-1-1920x1080-700e17f68

 

Looks like more of the H5 and H4 map design. (designed around Clamber and Sprint)

It does scream Torque. That combined with the one outdoor sandy map that was kind of a Plaza remix that we all despised. I played something like a month's worth of H5 and I can barely remember any of the map names ...

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, TBCT said:

Ugh. I know I'm just being pessimistic, but that map screams the ugly H5 UNSC aesthetic. 

0aPVRA2.jpeg

It reminds me a bit of reach and 5

finally we get some positive news from 343. We now have a date it’s launching although unfortunately no specific day or month. Fall is September to November. Hopefully we can see a multiplayer beta or flights in spring or summer time. 
 

holefully we get multiple flights

Share this post


Link to post

Map looks pretty big huh. Like they were making it for a smoother adaptation for Halo 5's movement or something. And just...didn't change its size. Art looks marginally better than what we've gotten for the last eight years. Spartans look alright, guns look ok, most of the human stuff is ok except for that round part. Lighting looks like Reach, shadows look like Halo 2. Odd combination.

This game is not worth your time. Move on.

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Map looks pretty big huh. Like they were making it for a smoother adaptation for Halo 5's movement or something. And just...didn't change its size. Art looks marginally better than what we've gotten for the last eight years. Spartans look alright, guns look ok, most of the human stuff is ok except for that round part. Lighting looks like Reach, shadows look like Halo 2. Odd combination.

This game is not worth your time. Move on.

It doesn’t look that big when you look at both images. 

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Game has sprinting the maps are prolly huge again.

Look they’ll be bigger than h2&3 maps thats happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Shekkles said:

So with the bar set to "this game will be garbage and not Halo" I actually find myself feeling much better than when Halo 5 was launching and I was so tense about if it was good or not. 

Was there ever a H5 hype train? The game came out right after MCC, it was a sequel to H4, a year before launch it was already known that it had sprint, 5 more abilities stolen right out of Advanced Warfare and ADS on top. The game looked like absolute trash from day one. 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post

There were plenty of people on here who were hopeful just from the fact that the game ditched loadouts for equal starts. Also several people lost their minds over the supposed strafing capability. Which i suspect will happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

There were plenty of people on here who were hopeful just from the fact that the game ditched loadouts for equal starts. Also several people lost their minds over the supposed strafing capability. Which i suspect will happen again.

Honestly all you can hope for is a classic playlist 

Share this post


Link to post

It's really incredible how diverse human architecture is around the world in 2020, yet in 2558 everything is the same exact curved white metal panels.

Three games in a row we have gotten the same dogshit UNSC aesthetics and I'm so sick of it.

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post

Spartan models looks VERY good. Similar to Reach style. 

Other than that, it's the same blocky shit with no character. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Honestly all you can hope for is a classic playlist 

Big fucking whoopty doo. If the game isn't built from the ground up for it, a classic playlist would be a waste of space. Sprint and clamber permanently fuck the maps and weapon balance up. 

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Shekkles said:

 

hi-multiplayer-map-1-1920x1080-700e17f68

hi-multiplayer-map-2-1920x1080-4b85484a2

After looking at these in closer detail, one positive thing I can say is I like the verticality of the level.  At least 3 levels I can see.  I like how there are little doors in the corner on the third level. I like perches and catwalks so that is a positive thing IMO.  The look and feel reminds me of H5 so that is a negative for me.  Also, I wonder if this map is a part of a dam or by a large body of water since it has AXYS Hrydro electric all over. Maybe there is a cool underwater display or something.  I wish they would just show us some fucking game play.  

Share this post


Link to post
  • Not gonna lie, despite their shit design of the skin acquisition system, some of those armor designs look dope.
  • The weapons still look both shiny and new and weathered at the same time.  like they added weathering and didn't knock back the sheen. 
  • Would rather have the pickup icons just disappear after 5 seconds of coming up than have them not be seen through geometry
  • That said, the fact that the power-ups do look to all be pickups is good.
  • Does anybody else give 0 shits about the aesthetics of the map and only care about how the geometry actually plays?
  • The fact that they are showing the concept art for the campaign that looks better than the earlier demo and not an actual screenshot from an updated version of the earlier demo, tells me it still looks last-gen lol.

Bottom line is there is still a lot of talk about the aesthetics of the game when that's one of the least important issues.  They need to show actual multiplayer gameplay, even if its subject to change a year out, before I can make a judgement either way.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, AlphaBenson said:

What is the point of this gun when the AR exists.

long range low damage precision Auto vs bullet-hose RNG short range NO HEADSHOT DAMAGE Auto.  Ideally.

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:
  • Not gonna lie, despite their shit design of the skin acquisition system, some of those armor designs look dope.
  • The weapons still look both shiny and new and weathered at the same time.  like they added weathering and didn't knock back the sheen. 
  • Would rather have the pickup icons just disappear after 5 seconds of coming up than have them not be seen through geometry
  • That said, the fact that the power-ups do look to all be pickups is good.
  • Does anybody else give 0 shits about the aesthetics of the map and only care about how the geometry actually plays?
  • The fact that they are showing the concept art for the campaign that looks better than the earlier demo and not an actual screenshot from an updated version of the earlier demo, tells me it still looks last-gen lol.

Bottom line is there is still a lot of talk about the aesthetics of the game when that's one of the least important issues.  They need to show actual multiplayer gameplay, even if its subject to change a year out, before I can make a judgement either way.

Esthetics and graphic fidelity is two things though. Game can have simplistic but, esthetically pleasing visuals.  Infinite demo was shit at both.

Yes I do want my Halo to look good. No I don't need it to be the prettiest game out there. But something good on eyes is also vital for intense multiplayer matches, AND eSports broadcasts.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Sitri said:

What's the point of the SMG when the SAW exists?

What's the point of the DMR when the pistol is good?

Halo's been plagued with unnecessary guns for years.

"Just Because" guns. 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, ARUKET said:

It's really incredible how diverse human architecture is around the world in 2020, yet in 2558 everything is the same exact curved white metal panels.

Three games in a row we have gotten the same dogshit UNSC aesthetics and I'm so sick of it.

You know it’s not like it’s been a heavy complaint regarding unsc maps 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, The Tyco said:

Big fucking whoopty doo. If the game isn't built from the ground up for it, a classic playlist would be a waste of space. Sprint and clamber permanently fuck the maps and weapon balance up. 

Well then you’re shit out of luck. Honestly since this is the last halo for 10 years this is adapt or die at this point. And with the game being F2P, cross play and all that, I highly doubt it’s population will die like previous installments(h4,5,mcc). 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, The Tyco said:

Big fucking whoopty doo. If the game isn't built from the ground up for it, a classic playlist would be a waste of space. Sprint and clamber permanently fuck the maps and weapon balance up. 

The funny thing is that no sprint/abilities on maps designed for those gimmicks is still more fun than the default experience. 

I'd rather play a broken halo game with no modern gimmicks than advanced movement halo with maps/weapon sandbox designed around the gimmicks. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

So this game is confirmed for fall. I wonder why the actor said he believed a spring date was possible? Perhaps Joseph decided to do it so they can add more shit to the game, do proper flights etc. I mean looking at the multiplayer images the graphics and lightning looks fine. So he may just want to add extra content and with a full years delay(September, October or November) we can see something great.  But most of y’all here will just be mad at anything 343 does since you know a classic halo isn’t happening period. ADAPT or die. Hell someone said they have no Xbox or pc and won’t play regardless so their feedback is literally meaningless. This is the final truth classic is never happening again and that’s final not up for debate etc. 

  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

"Just Because" guns. 

It makes one wonder how many decisions regarding Halo were meant to improve the core gameplay, or a pitch prefixed with "Wouldn't it be cool if...".

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

But most of y’all here will just be mad at anything 343 does since you know a classic halo isn’t happening period. ADAPT or die.

Why? This game is pretty much DOA and will have H5's population issues a few weeks after launch. Why go through the trouble of adapting for a game we already know wont be fun to play?

343 needs to adapt or die. Their game design philosophy has been a proven failure for several years now & unable to compete with Apex, Fortnite, CoD, etc... despite its uncontested dynasty pre-2010. 

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

So this game is confirmed for fall. I wonder why the actor said he believed a spring date was possible? Perhaps Joseph decided to do it so they can add more shit to the game, do proper flights etc. I mean looking at the multiplayer images the graphics and lightning looks fine. So he may just want to add extra content and with a full years delay(September, October or November) we can see something great.  But most of y’all here will just be mad at anything 343 does since you know a classic halo isn’t happening period. ADAPT or die. Hell someone said they have no Xbox or pc and won’t play regardless so their feedback is literally meaningless. This is the final truth classic is never happening again and that’s final not up for debate etc. 

Your opinions change like April weather and carry significance of plot in Road runner my friend.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.