Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

They just couldn't help but show off a multiplayer map with a Spartan mid Sprint.  Call me a boomer and fuck me running god damn I hate 343

I'd rather they rip that band-aid off early. Also OF COURSE it was going to be in MP if it's in Singleplayer.

Also of course it was going to be in Infinite, it's 343.

1 minute ago, TBCT said:

Ugh. I know I'm just being pessimistic, but that map screams the ugly H5 UNSC aesthetic. 

Yes it does.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I will have pretty much zero expectations for this game, so when It is out a year from now maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. I do expect the Campaign to be a solid experience at least, and with Multiplayer being F2P I won't have to feel like I wasted time and money if I end up not really wanting to play it more than every once in a while (which is likely but who knows). 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, NAK said:

I will have pretty much zero expectations for this game, so when It is out a year from now maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. I do expect the Campaign to be a solid experience at least, and with Multiplayer being F2P I won't have to feel like I wasted time and money if I end up not really wanting to play it more than every once in a while (which is likely but who knows). 

This is exactly how I feel. I have absolutely no faith 343 will create a good game. 0 from 3 Industries.

So with the bar set to "this game will be garbage and not Halo" I actually find myself feeling much better than when Halo 5 was launching and I was so tense about if it was good or not. 

If it's bad, whoopty do, the MP is F2P so no matter what happens I'll get my monies worth.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, NAK said:

hi-multiplayer-map-1-1920x1080-700e17f68

 

Looks like more of the H5 and H4 map design. (designed around Clamber and Sprint)

Aesthetically that map just looks like the same shit 343 has been doing since Halo 4 and I'm already over it. Call me a Halo boomer, call me a pessimist, I don't really care. That design style has been tainted by two trash games in a row, and they're using it for a third strait. And of course they show a spartan mid sprint to just stick that dagger in. I mean it was pretty obvious they're not able to build a game without sprint, but it still sucks to see. Also, those boxes look like they're just begging to be clambered on, then a sprint/clamber up to the walkway. 

It's kind of crazy how just a couple of screenshots can bum me out so much. 

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, TBCT said:

Ugh. I know I'm just being pessimistic, but that map screams the ugly H5 UNSC aesthetic. 

0aPVRA2.jpeg

Aside from Sprint I'm not mad at how this looks. At all.

There's some honest to god material work.

Share this post


Link to post

A moment of silence for the people who despite the gameplay trailer having sprint and clamber and 343's last game having sprint and clamber, still for some reason believed it might not be in multiplayer.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Hooked 3

Share this post


Link to post

Grappleshot

 

CrapShot

 

ShitShooter

 

nah but really it's good it's a pickup on the map. someone on reddit posted this

5qS5K2P.png



Also they did not really just say this

1a8738bda37b7c669cbab4cec45d2338.png

loool

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Tue, Sep 22, 2021 – Mon, Dec 21, 2021

Where fall begins and where fall ends

I hope we all live to see the day :mj:

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, PolyG said:

Aside from Sprint I'm not mad at how this looks. At all.

There's some honest to god material work.

Is that supposed to be camo in the bottom middle of the map in front of the generator looking thing?

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just love reading...

 

 

 

"Yeah, so that demo was basically not ready because we had 5 years and a lot of that stuff required for the demo wasn't ready after those 5 years...."

tenor.gif

 

dude imagine if the game wasnt delayd omg

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Silos said:

Is that supposed to be camo in the bottom middle of the map in front of the generator looking thing?

Looks like it. There's a Commando above it too.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Sitri said:

Looks like it. There's a Commando above it too.


What's a commando? I see one more little icon on the platform by all the metal squares on the wall (a little bit up and left of the center of the image). Is that a commando, and what does that do?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, znot said:

I just love reading...

 

 

 

"Yeah, so that demo was basically not ready because we had 5 years and a lot of that stuff required for the demo wasn't ready after those 5 years...."

tenor.gif

 

dude imagine if the game wasnt delayd omg

it is actually amazing how high the level of ineptitude this company continually produces is considered acceptable by Microsoft

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Silos said:


What's a commando? I see one more little icon on the platform by all the metal squares on the wall (a little bit up and left of the center of the image). Is that a commando, and what does that do?

It's just an accurate auto that was shown in the gameplay demo.

all-weapons-in-halo-infinite-plasma-vk78

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

"We already knew the demo looked like shit but we appreciate the feedback nonetheless." Yeah ooooook. The game was releasing in a few months. 

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Sitri said:

It's just an accurate auto that was shown in the gameplay demo.

all-weapons-in-halo-infinite-plasma-vk78

What is the point of this gun when the AR exists.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Game looks pretty good. Significantly better than the shitshow in July. Don't think it'll underperform on the graphical front. 

I can't say I'm excited for gameplay. It's just gonna be H5.5. The one redeeming aspect of the game is that the strafe looks pretty sharp, but being a F2P game really makes me doubt the depth of the shooting skillgap that they'll have in place.

Problem is that it's basically 10-11 months from launch. I have no idea what level of irrelevance Halo's gonna sink into till then. 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'm hoping sprint was an after thought when designing the maps. If social is sprint turned on and ranked it is turned off then I'd be cool that compromise. Personally at this point I don't give a fuck because I don't even play anymore. Don't even own a console or PC. I'm just curious to see what happens. I appreciate the art direction and it's an alright mix of classic and new Halo. The map doesn't look half bad tbh. Can we just get some fuckin gameplay tho? I feel like it's finished enough to show some MP. Also, it releasing in the Fall next year I see no reason to not have a beta during the summer or late spring.

Share this post


Link to post

Weapon models look great.  Maps don’t.  Here’s why:  “we are always building our assets in a modular way that facilitates their reuse in different scenarios.”  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Edain said:

If social is sprint turned on and ranked it is turned off then I'd be cool that compromise. 

You're funny

  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Hully said:

Also, those boxes look like they're just begging to be clambered on, then a sprint/clamber up to the walkway. 

Ugh.  This game isn’t gonna be for me.  Hopefully they do some kind of big team really well cuz Arena is fucked.  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, AlphaBenson said:

What is the point of this gun when the AR exists.

What's the point of the SMG when the SAW exists?

What's the point of the DMR when the pistol is good?

Halo's been plagued with unnecessary guns for years.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, znot said:

5qS5K2P.png

Nice that you seemingly can't see the indicator through walls. Will likely cut out the issue of indicators telling the entire map when someone picked up a weapon.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post

I can tell from the screenshots alone that infinite will hold my interest for maybe a week (unless there's a permanent no sprint/abilities at launch).

Delay this trash infinitely. With MCC in its current state, we're better off without infinite ever releasing. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.