CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

5 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Well its a good thing they made it easy to rapidly deploy new skins... wait I mean weapon tuning patches this time around.....

For every game so far they said they made it easier to deploy fast balance patches, but it seems its taking longer and longer. Infinite will get its first patch two years after launch probably.

• Like (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

2 hours ago, Basu said:

For every game so far they said they made it easier to deploy fast balance patches, but it seems its taking longer and longer. Infinite will get its first patch two years after launch probably.

They did make it a lot easier. It took like 30 seconds to make gametype changes without even using first party tools. They just dragged their feet on any sort of balance update.

It blows my mind that it's almost 2021 and games still have not reached the level of interconnectivity that Halo 3 offered. 

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

It blows my mind that it's almost 2021 and games still have not reached the level of interconnectivity that Halo 3 offered. 

What do you mean by that 

55 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

A highschool friend had a screenshot acknowledged and featured by Bungie; he got Recon. Back then that sort of treasure was so mind blowingly awesome, today I cannot imagine anything other than entitled whining that something isnt achievable by playing campaign. As I grow older I acknowledge the flaws of the series and the original trilogy in general, but H2, 3, and Reach each set a successive standard for grassroots excellence I've only seen rivaled by Melee. 

2 hours ago, Obnokshus said:

A highschool friend had a screenshot acknowledged and featured by Bungie; he got Recon. Back then that sort of treasure was so mind blowingly awesome, today I cannot imagine anything other than entitled whining that something isnt achievable by playing campaign. As I grow older I acknowledge the flaws of the series and the original trilogy in general, but H2, 3, and Reach each set a successive standard for grassroots excellence I've only seen rivaled by Melee. 

Recon would just be 5,000 HaloCoins™ nowadays.

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, xSociety said:

Recon would just be 5,000 HaloCoins™ nowadays.

Who's really to blame for this situation? Do any games exist today with that sort of reward for being a part of a games community? Or is the industry standard of lootboxes and cosmetics for money that pervasive?

"Let's see what brilliant content is being posted to the Halo subreddit today."

Sees this with nearly 400 upvotes

Uninstalls Reddit

Seriously though, is there anything at all to discuss? The current abysmal state of content paralysis we're in makes the 2017-2018 content drought look like an oasis. 

It's impossible to even care at this point. It'll be months until we see anything tangible, and it'll still just be another mediocre, soulless Halo filled with the usual (and some unusually bizarre) 342 bile. 

Any attachment I had to this franchise is pretty much gone, now. It feels hollow. 

Lmao waypoint kids said to report people for spawn trapping and 343 postums said straight up that’s ok. Git gud scrubs 

FYI to clarify he meant it’s ok to spawn trap as that’s apart of the game. My wording was off. 

• WutFace (+0) 2

6 hours ago, _Synapse said:

"Let's see what brilliant content is being posted to the Halo subreddit today."

Sees this with nearly 400 upvotes

Uninstalls Reddit

Seriously though, is there anything at all to discuss? The current abysmal state of content paralysis we're in makes the 2017-2018 content drought look like an oasis. 

It's impossible to even care at this point. It'll be months until we see anything tangible, and it'll still just be another mediocre, soulless Halo filled with the usual (and some unusually bizarre) 342 bile. 

Any attachment I had to this franchise is pretty much gone, now. It feels hollow. 

Yeah Halo has been dead for a while. It's absolutely insane how Microsoft even let this happen. I actually cannot believe this. Microsoft has the resources to hire the smartest game developers of all time yet they settle for a bunch of amateurs at 343 who probably outsource to even more amateur game devs in India. Fire 343 please.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

5 hours ago, Avenger said:

Yeah Halo has been dead for a while. It's absolutely insane how Microsoft even let this happen. I actually cannot believe this. Microsoft has the resources to hire the smartest game developers of all time yet they settle for a bunch of amateurs at 343 who probably outsource to even more amateur game devs in India. Fire 343 please.

Tbh you don’t even know any game devs who’d of done a different job. I guarantee you no other developer would of made a modern no sprint halo game. Would they be better done than 343? Probably. Respawn would do a good job. It most likely wouldn’t be a no sprint halo but they’d make a halo game that doesn’t suck. 

On 12/6/2020 at 3:27 AM, TeeJaY said:

Halo has an excuse: they have to reinvent the wheel every game.

It's in the contract for each Halo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

On 12/5/2020 at 4:31 AM, Basu said:

It's both hard to imagine them thinking that is acceptable in this day and age and also easy to imagine giving it's 343. 

• Like (+1) 1

If Infinite is open world, do you think some form of base building could work?  Add a garage for a Warthog spawn.  Add barracks for Marine spawns.  Add a Comms Array to gain access to lightning side missions (intercepts enemy transmissions and gives the player access to rapidly expiring mini missions).  

What are some unique upgrades these bases could have?  

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

If Infinite is open world, do you think some form of base building could work?  Add a garage for a Warthog spawn.  Add barracks for Marine spawns.  Add a Comms Array to gain access to lightning side missions (intercepts enemy transmissions and gives the player access to rapidly expiring mini missions).  

Halo Wars already exists tho

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Boyo said:

It's not that kind of open world.

hi-multiplayer-map-1-1920x1080-700e17f68

Looks like more of the H5 and H4 map design. (designed around Clamber and Sprint)

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-december-2020

Old mate Staten:

Hey everyone, I’m Joseph Staten. If you’ve been a longtime part of the Halo community, you may already know me. If you’re new to the community: Hello! It’s great to meet you.

I was part of the Bungie team who made Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach. I came up on the design side of these projects, wearing many different hats over the years including writer, cinematic director, creative director—even a voice for the Grunts.

After Reach shipped, I became a Halo fan, cheering-on 343i from the sidelines. But I’ve spent the last four months immersing myself back into the Halo universe, and it’s my honor as creative director to help our team ship Halo Infinite in Fall 2021.

Yep, that’s when the game is coming out. And from now until then, every one of us at 343i and our great partner teams will be building, testing, and polishing an experience we hope all of you love.

I joined 343i right as the team was wrestling with feedback from the July campaign demo. This discussion boiled down to one fundamental truth: we needed more time to do things right. That included pushing hard in the Fall, giving the team time to recharge over the Holidays, and then coming back in January to finish the game at a healthy pace.

Because Halo Infinite in the Fall of 2021… is just the beginning of the adventure.

I’ll be back at the end of the update for some closing thoughts, but now, Brian, take it away!

If these are real (as in, if it looks like this in-game) they are looking MUCH BETTER except for the fucking curved everything 343 is obsessed with.

hi-multiplayer-map-1-1920x1080-700e17f68

hi-multiplayer-map-2-1920x1080-4b85484a2

• Like (+1) 1

Ugh. I know I'm just being pessimistic, but that map screams the ugly H5 UNSC aesthetic. 

0aPVRA2.jpeg

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 2