CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

22 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

This game not even out yet, wtf ya'll even talk about in here?!

How to make Invasion 2.0 a banger.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

Commander Abilities 

Crouching and remaining stationary turns the Elite Field Marshall fully invisible.  

Brutes near the Chieftain have increased damage resistance (125%).  

Upon death, the Promethean Alpha ejects its soul, shooting a small forward-moving object upward.  The user maneuvers the last remnant of the Alpha’s consciousness like a first-person rocket, attempting to steer the soul into an enemy.  Impacting an enemy kills him and steals his body, transforming it into the Alpha.  Impacting a wall destroys the soul, as does one shot from a precision weapon.  

I'm honestly surprised people disapprove of strong siding. Never mind how anyone thinks it can be removed without player animations looking dumb. It'd mean that if you're looking down on your screen, your character model won't be looking down. Which...was the case in CE, I guess, but that's dumb to me.

Why exactly does anyone disapprove of it? It's not some get out of jail card. You aren't immune while you do it, you still need proper positioning to not die, and you have to sacrifice your offensive ability because you're looking down. Perhaps in H3 it's annoying when paired with the BR spread, but in H2 I rather find it balanced out by button combos which increase firerate.

It's almost like "grrrrrr his shield pop so my next shot HAS TO be a headshot. how dare he make me not get headshot!!!" -- however straw-man that interpretation may be.

• Like (+1) 3

On 11/12/2020 at 6:27 PM, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Technically you can reach a higher platform if you're allowed to tuck your legs in. Won't increase your vertical leap though.

Spartan box jumps. That's why their legs so thicc

1 hour ago, Faeyrin said:

I'm honestly surprised people disapprove of strong siding. Never mind how anyone thinks it can be removed without player animations looking dumb. It'd mean that if you're looking down on your screen, your character model won't be looking down. Which...was the case in CE, I guess, but that's dumb to me.

Why exactly does anyone disapprove of it? It's not some get out of jail card. You aren't immune while you do it, you still need proper positioning to not die, and you have to sacrifice your offensive ability because you're looking down. Perhaps in H3 it's annoying when paired with the BR spread, but in H2 I rather find it balanced out by button combos which increase firerate.

It's almost like "grrrrrr his shield pop so my next shot HAS TO be a headshot. how dare he make me not get headshot!!!" -- however straw-man that interpretation may be.

I think people overestimate how powerful it really is.  Usually, it doesn't do shit if you don't miss.  Its not even a real mechanic its just basically geometry.

2 hours ago, Faeyrin said:

Because it’s an annoying exploit. It kind of is a get out of jail free card since it lets people do stupid plays without punishment 

• WutFace (+0) 2

1 hour ago, Faeyrin said:

Reamis, I think you're just a bad Halo player.

Dude I’m a better halo player than you x10 and I can prove it too. After I get my glasses, I lost my old pair and I can’t hit shit without em. 

4 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Because it’s an annoying exploit. It kind of is a get out of jail free card since it lets people do stupid plays without punishment 

You like halo 5, but you're complaining about strongsiding being a get out of jail free card..........................

Ari Gold Get The F Out GIFs | Tenor220 × 131

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

The "Control" gamemode from Black Ops 4 would work well with Halo's gameplay imo, with tweaks.

2 hours ago, TheFloyd said:

You like halo 5, but you're complaining about strongsiding being a get out of jail free card..........................

Ari Gold Get The F Out GIFs | Tenor220 × 131

Well to be fair I like it’s magnum it’s not so much the abilities I like. Like it’s sandbox is also what I like. I’m not someone who really cares for a “unique” sandbox just make sure when I pick up this weapon it’s kill effective 

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

The "Control" gamemode from Black Ops 4 would work well with Halo's gameplay imo, with tweaks.

What tweaks would you have in mind? 
I think personally it wouldn’t need any. I say a total of 3 hills. And like bo4 control 30 lives. 5 second respawn time. Should take 40 seconds to take a hill. And  Best 3 out of 5 to take the W. What do ya think? 

43 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Only a Forger can make a comeback like that.

Who are you, Boyo?

AgentPaperCraft 

• Simms (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

Spartan box jumps. That's why their legs so thicc

I think people overestimate how powerful it really is.  Usually, it doesn't do shit if you don't miss.  Its not even a real mechanic its just basically geometry.

the H3 br is a turd, the netcode is a turd, bunch of factors working to make someone running away staring at the floor a frustrating experience that don't intrinsically revolve around that player strongsiding. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

Maybe you left them at the different school your girlfriend goes to.  

In truth I lost em at work. They fell off when I was driving and wasn’t wearing em at the time. I can see still it’s just playing games is harder without that boost in vision I get

With a few tweaks to its weapon system, Halo could have much more interesting weapons.  

Scope is traditionally mapped to R3.  It is now mapped to LT and scopeless weapons use that button to Alt-Fire.  

The Reload button, X, now serves a purpose on battery-operated weapons, toggling the weapon between two firemodes.  In some cases, X activates a unique ability.  

RT is always Fire.  LT is either scope or alt-fire.  X has five possible functions.  

X

Reload 

Toggle LT 

Toggle RT 

Toggle LT and RT 

Activate unique ability 

LT 

Scope 

Alt-fire 

RT 

Fire 

Magnum 

X - Reload 

LT - Scope 

RT - Fire 

Mauler 

X - Reload 

LT - Alt-fire 

RT - Fire 

Gravity Bow 

X - Toggle LT 

LT - Alt-fire 1 or Alt-fire 2 

RT - Fire 

Beam Rifle 

X - Toggle RT 

LT - Scope 

RT - Primary fire 1 or Primary fire 2 

Plasma Detonator 

X - Toggles both LT and RT 

LT - Scope or Alt-fire 

Plasma Repeater 

X - Activates unique ability 

LT - Alt-fire 

RT - Fire

• Thonking (+0) 2

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

With a few tweaks to its weapon system, Halo could have much more interesting weapons.  

Scope is traditionally mapped to R3.  It is now mapped to LT and scopeless weapons use that button to Alt-Fire.  

The Reload button, X, now serves a purpose on battery-operated weapons, toggling the weapon between two firemodes.  In some cases, X activates a unique ability.  

RT is always Fire.  LT is either scope or alt-fire.  X has five possible functions.  

X

Reload 

Toggle LT 

Toggle RT 

Toggle LT and RT 

Activate unique ability 

LT 

Scope 

Alt-fire 

RT 

Fire 

Magnum 

X - Reload 

LT - Scope 

RT - Fire 

Mauler 

X - Reload 

LT - Alt-fire 

RT - Fire 

Gravity Bow 

X - Toggle LT 

LT - Alt-fire 1 or Alt-fire 2 

RT - Fire 

Beam Rifle 

X - Toggle RT 

LT - Scope 

Plasma Detonator 

X - Toggles both LT and RT 

LT - Scope or Alt-fire 

Plasma Repeater 

X - Activates unique ability 

LT - Alt-fire 

RT - Fire

Gay 

• Downvote (-1) 6
  • WutFace (+0) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

18 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

What tweaks would you have in mind? 
I think personally it wouldn’t need any. I say a total of 3 hills. And like bo4 control 30 lives. 5 second respawn time. Should take 40 seconds to take a hill. And  Best 3 out of 5 to take the W. What do ya think? 

- Less lives as Halo has longer TTK
- Slightly longer time to cap, but more "phases" (5 instead of 3) as again higher TTK means people will be in the zones longer by default.
- Each cap phase counts as 1 point, meaning you can still win even if you don't fully capture the zones. This makes comebacks more possible and makes playing the objective more attractive.
- Weapon spawns would be interesting, would need testing.

• Like (+1) 1

Commanders 

Field Marshall - Elite Commander 

Beam Rifle - Primary weapon 

X toggles RT between two firemodes 

RT1 - semi automatically fires 1hsk projectiles forward 

RT2 - creates 2sk explosive lightning bolts that strike from sky down to ground 

LT - 4x scope 

Plasma Detonator - Secondary weapon 

X toggles RT and LT between two firemodes 

RT1 - charge then fire a burst of up to four homing stickies 

LT1 - 2x scope 

RT2 - semi automatically fire up to four remotely detonated stickies 

LT2 - detonate stickies 

Energy Sword - Sidearm (undroppable third weapon equipped by holding Y) 

X performs a thermal scan, revealing recent enemy footprints 

LT increases player movement speed, gradually draining the weapon’s battery 

RT lunges at a proximate targeted enemy, killing in one hit 

Evade - Armor Ability (A) 

While standing, the A button Evades.  While crouched or in the process of crouching, A Dips, the player quickly moving a short distance by way of a low horizontal hop (more of a strafe enhancer than a map traversal tool).  While airborne, A Flips, moving the user upward and over a short distance.  

Wall Kick - Aerial Ability (LB while airborne) 

While airborne and next to a vertical surface, LB propels the player up and away from the wall.  

Bubble Shield - Equipment (B) 

A stationary spherical shield allows players and vehicles to pass through while blocking projectiles and explosions.  

Shield Collar - Armor Enhancement 

A small spherical under-shield protects the user from one precision headshot while his shields are down or from one bleedthrough sniper headshot.  The secondary shield recharges once the main shields are full again.  

Cloak - Commander Ability (L3) 

Crouch and remain stationary to become fully invisible.  

Chieftain - Brute Commander 

Gravity Hammer - Primary weapon 

X pulls a nearby objective to the user, attaching itself to the weapon upon arrival, allowing the user to carry the objective without hindering his ability to move and attack 

LT pushes nearby grenades and incoming projectiles away 

RT smashes the hammer head down, damaging and knocking players back 

Gravity Bow - Secondary weapon 

X toggles LT between two firemodes 

LT1 - on impact, the Gravity Vortex tosses and damages things 

LT2 - the Gravity Anchor sticks to and drags down an aerial vehicle until the parasitic object is destroyed 

RT - charge then automatically fire 2sk knockback projectiles 

SAW - Sidearm (undroppable third weapon equipped by holding Y) 

Prior to deployment, while facing a proximate wall, LT activates Wall Crawl, pulling the user up the vertical surface.  Once attached, LT and RT steer the user left and right, allowing him to maneuver up the wall.  

RT deploys the SAW, beginning the spiked wheel’s perpetual forward roll.  Once deployed, RT and LT steer the remote-control splatter-machine left and right, the user crashing it into enemy vehicles to damage or destroy them.  Simultaneously pulling both triggers boosts, briefly increasing the vehicle’s forward movement speed.  X toggles between player-view and vehicle-view.  

Gravity Boots - Armor Ability (A) 

While standing or crouched, the A button high-jumps.  While airborne, A hovers.  While hovering, A ground-stomps, shooting the player down to the ground and damaging what he lands on without impeding his ability to immediately move or attack.  

Gravity Gauntlet - Aerial Ability (LB while airborne) 

While airborne, LB causes the user to lunge forward a short distance, in the direction he is facing.  If a ledge is reached, the user quickly clambers up it.  

Flamethrower - Equipment (B) 

Holding B fires a continuous stream of damaging flames forward a short distance.  

Gravity Vest - Armor Enhancement 

Damage from bodyshots and explosions is reduced by half.  

Exaltation - Commander Ability 

Increases the damage resistance of nearby teammates to 125%.  

Alpha - Promethean Commander 

Focus Rifle - Primary weapon 

X toggles RT between two firemodes 

RT1 - fires a continuous beam that damages infantry and gradually reduces the health of an impacted vehicle’s occupants 

RT2 - charges then fires a laser blast that penetrates and destroys all that it touches 

LT - 4x scope 

Scepter - Secondary weapon 

RT fires 3hsk projectiles.  

X reloads the 15 round magazine.  

Holding LT launches a bounceable EMP explosive.  Releasing LT remotely detonates the EMP explosive.  

Power Glove - Sidearm (undroppable third weapon equipped by holding Y) 

RT continuously pulls a targeted aerial vehicle in to the user.  

LT picks up a proximate, targeted, moveable object.  

While holding an object, LT drops it, X rotates it, and RT launches it forward.  

Different objects have different projectile traits when launched.  

Sphere - Armor Ability (A) 

The A button shrinks and transforms the player model down into a small ball that can roll around and jump but not attack.  Some pathways and even certain vehicles can only be accessed by players in sphere form.  

Glider - Aerial Ability (LB while airborne) 

While airborne, LB activates Glider, reducing the user’s descent speed and increasing his forward movement speed.  Looking left or right turns the user and his glider.  

Artifact - Equipment (B) 

The Artifact has three functions that are activated by pressing B followed by Left, Right, or Down on the D-pad.  Left and Right toggle two switches on and off.  Down activates a scripted map event.  

Light Blade - Armor Enhancement (R3) 

Meleeing an enemy begins the user’s shield recharge.  

Forced Consciousness Transfer - Commander Ability (RS once active) 

Upon the Alpha’s death, a small forward-moving object is ejected out of his player model.  If steered into an enemy, this first-person-projectile kills the enemy and steals his body, transforming it into the Alpha.  Flying into a wall destroys the soul, as does one shot from a precision weapon.  

Elite Field Marshall 

Primary - Beam Rifle 

Secondary - Plasma Detonator 

Sidearm - Energy Sword 

Grenade - x4 Plasma 

Armor Ability - Evade and Wall Kick 

Equipment - Bubble Shield 

Armor Enhancement - Shield Collar 

Commander Ability - Cloak  

Brute Chieftain 

Primary - Gravity Hammer 

Secondary - Gravity Bow 

Sidearm - SAW 

Grenade - x4 Spike 

Armor Ability - Gravity Boots and Gravity Gauntlet 

Equipment - Flamethrower 

Armor Enhancement - Gravity Vest 

Commander Ability - Exaltation 

Promethean Alpha 

Primary - Focus Rifle 

Secondary - Scepter 

Sidearm - Power Glove 

Grenade - x4 Conduit 

Armor Ability - Sphere and Glider 

Equipment - Artifact 

Armor Enhancement - Light Blade 

Commander Ability - Forced Consciousness Transfer

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

7 hours ago, Boyo said:

Commanders 

We really don’t need a mode in halo where people get special traits for spawning as a specific character. But I would not mind it either 

What gun or vehicle skins would you want in infinite.

for me I’d like some dc or marvel super hero skins as I’m a big fan of those.

i think a hornet or wasp vehicle with the Batman skin be neat. Lol if they sold that single skin for 5-10$ so many would buy it 

21 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

We really don’t need a mode in halo where people get special traits for spawning as a specific character. But I would not mind it either 

I love that you quoted the full post instead of condensing it down. Let's see how tiny we can make the scroll bar for this page.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2