CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Mcc needs to stop using halo 2s ranking system and use h3s, or the h5 one. It just sucks. 

Why?  

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Why?  

Some of the MCC kids have said this before: MCC's ranking system was designed for a healthy population, back in 2014. 

The game has anything but a healthy population, and it's near the end of it's relevancy in it's zombie lifespan. 

It's way too tedious to rank up. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Why?  

Because the population is really low and rank has barely anyone playing. Atm it’s about impossible to reach 50, unless you coordinate with people to search. 

It’s still crazy that there was 0 halo infinite news on the launch day of the new xbox

Not a teaser, trailer, image, blog post, announcement of an announcement, nothing 

Would you rather pick up an Overshield or an item that reduces damage from bodyshots and explosions by 50% until your death?  

5 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Some of the MCC kids have said this before: MCC's ranking system was designed for a healthy population, back in 2014. 

The game has anything but a healthy population, and it's near the end of it's relevancy in it's zombie lifespan. 

It's way too tedious to rank up. 

Let's wait and see how crossplay affects this.

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Would you rather pick up an Overshield or an item that reduces damage from bodyshots and explosions by 50% until your death?  

So reduced body shot damage only? 

20 minutes ago, Metaphysics said:

Let's wait and see how crossplay affects this.

Nowhere near enough to justify the system in place, lol. MCC PC is just MCC Xbox minus 5K players at peak. 

Armor Enhancements 

For Commanders, I wanted to stay away from direct increases to health or shield capacity but still make them tougher in some way.  

Elite Field Marshall - Shield Collar - a small, spherical under-shield protects the user from one precision headshot while his shields are down or from a bleedthrough sniper headshot 

Brute Chieftain - Gravity Vest - explosive and bodyshot damage are reduced by half 

Promethean Alpha - Light Blade - meleeing an enemy begins the user’s shield recharge 

Outside of Invasion, these items can be placed on maps as vitality-enhancing pick-ups.  

7 hours ago, Boyo said:

No because the decay promotes map movement. If it's perpetual it promotes static gameplay.

I feel like I want a series s or x just so I can play h5 without Input delay or heavy aim. Watching frosty play has opened my eyes that it’s gone on these consoles.

i just watched UberNick and even he says so.

man fuck you 343 for not adding mm to the pc version. That needs a update that adds mm and cross play 

In the video phill mentions that a holiday 2021 release is possible which I think is bullshit. Gosh 343 fucking comical I swear. Corona fucked you over that much 

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

In the video phill mentions that a holiday 2021 release is possible

At what time?  

4 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Holiday 2021.

Which usually means either Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Which means November 2021 at the earliest.

No duh but that’s still annoying that’ll take 6 years for infinite 

3 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Holiday 2021.

Which usually means either Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Which means November 2021 at the earliest.

Which means they still have time to make it not suck.  

Just now, Boyo said:

To make it not suck? Do you think they’ll change the gameplay 

5 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

I don’t think anything we saw in the trailer is set in stone after this delay.  

15 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

the anthem we saw at e3 was basically a concept demo that the devs had no idea was being shown as final. i have no reason to believe that what we saw of infinite was much more than that as well

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Sprint and clamber aren't going anywhere, the game is confirmed to suck.

Permanent no sprint/clamber/radar/autos playlist on launch day or bust. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

They really don't.

I'm pretty sure the gameplay loop decisions they settled on before the reveal are what they're sticking to. Expect time spent to make sure the game doesn't feel awful to play, and maybe a little polish here and there. Maybe some extra content on launch. Nothing more than that.

This cycle we've been in has gotten pretty annoying.

• Like (+1) 3

Klobrille said H:i is almost content complete and it us pretty much just some tech stuff being worked on...

So don't hold your breath hoping for some significant change to happen...

On 11/9/2020 at 12:54 PM, Hard Way said:

If that’s case, I’m genuinely sorry to hear that. I don’t personally know any CE players in WA, or I’d reach out to them for you. It’s cool that you made the effort. It sucks it didn’t work out.

I went to a LAN in WA last christmas. We played NHE and H2, had about 20 people at an airbnb near seattle for a few days. Based on this forum though, I wouldn't invite Reamis to anything. He's not a good person.

• Toxic (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Bruh there’s not enough advocation for classic halo infinite. You just better hope we get a classic playlist and map design isn’t built where dev maps are useless with the settings