CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

If MC could become or control a Godzilla sized monster and stomp an alien city, swatting cruisers out of the sky, is that a campaign section you would find enjoyable?  

• Thonking (+0) 1

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

If MC could become or control a Godzilla sized monster and stomp an alien city, swatting cruisers out of the sky, is that a campaign section you would find enjoyable?  

Only if Arbiter gets one too, and they both gotta fight an even bigger robot controlled by a Robo-Truth enhance by flood DNA, culminating in them combining and forming a massive energy sword to finish him off!

4 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

Only if Arbiter gets one too, and they both gotta fight an even bigger robot controlled by a Robo-Truth enhance by flood DNA, culminating in them combining and forming a massive energy sword to finish him off!

Hm.  Yes.  Megasword.

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

I don't think that's something I find kosher when it comes to Halo. I always found Halo more of a hard scifi/military story, not a B styled action flick.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hemlax said:

I don't think that's something I find kosher when it comes to Halo. I always found Halo more of a hard scifi/military story, not a B styled action flick.

A Scarab is terrorizing a city so Godzilla Chief comes over and curb stomps him then that guy from the Infinite trailer is like:

8 minutes ago, Boyo said:

A Scarab is terrorizing a city so Godzilla Chief comes over and curb stomps him then that guy from the Infinite trailer is like:

Err...yeah, that's exactly what I don't want to see in Halo. Giant ships going down from orbit is good enough for me.

Halo: Infinite Mistakes 

Halo: Infinite Development 

Halo: Infinite MTX 

Halo: Infinite Disappointments 

Halo: Infinite Incompetence

4 hours ago, _Synapse said:

If we don't get any substantial Infinite news (at least 20 minutes of multiplayer gameplay, a 1-2 map showcase, the forge they've been hyling up) within the next 2 months then this game is 100% not releasing before next September

Pretty sure this is already comfirmed. Maybe a beta in spring, but that's a huge maybe. If the game was launching in spring they would've just rushed out the half-finished thing right about now and then slowly patched it over the course of the next months.

Don't forget that this is the company that launched MCC PC without forge, theater and file share, which came 8 months after launch if I remember correctly. Also H5 of course.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

How do you waste 5 years of development time this badly? Middle schoolers have better time management. 

It’s because they wanted to build a new engine instead of using ue4

Nobody should be surprised this happened. Not even trying to be toxic or anything towards 343 but when have they ever met expectations and delivered a finished product on time when it comes to main Halo titles? The answer is never. People have a lot of hope for them to do well but realistically we should've just been waiting to see what goes wrong next as bad as that sounds

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Nobody should be surprised this happened. Not even trying to be toxic or anything towards 343 but when have they ever met expectations and delivered a finished product on time when it comes to main Halo titles? The answer is never. People have a lot of hope for them to do well but realistically we should've just been waiting to see what goes wrong next as bad as that sounds

Halo 4 was quite complete and working if I remember correctly. How good it was, that's another story, but it was finished and on time. Also, it was a small miracle from technical standpoint, which is quite ironic after what what they presented with Infinite. Puzzling.

But let's not take the little credit from them they deserve.

I also quite enjoyed the Halo 4 campaign.

• Like (+1) 1

I have no issues with microtransactions if they're done well, and you can do them well.

The nanosecond they affect gameplay then I have an issue and immediately hate the game. 

Skins/cosmetics should be earned through gameplay same as CoD but with some wanky PrEmIuM ones if you want to buy. Icons/decals/team outfits etc.Profile icons (as long as the original trilogy icons are free still). All this is fine to monetise to me because I can still play the game against captain-$200-of-gear in a fair fight.

I don't mind XP boosts being bought or pay-to-skip as long as the skip is no more than 10-15 hours of average persons gameplay. And I do mean average.

Things like this I have no issue with. Paid consumables (exception of XP boosts...) can die in a fire. Free-earned consumables that are permanent if you buy can also die in a fire.

1 hour ago, Hemlax said:

Halo 4 was quite complete and working if I remember correctly. How good it was, that's another story, but it was finished and on time. Also, it was a small miracle from technical standpoint, which is quite ironic after what what they presented with Infinite. Puzzling.

But let's not take the little credit from them they deserve.

I also quite enjoyed the Halo 4 campaign.

I don't consider a Halo with zero ranked matchmaking features complete. They were much closer than they were with any other game though I'd give them that much but even then that game didn't come close to meeting expectations. It was just bad (imo) and their support began the trend of slow and too little/too late that they're maybe turning around for MCC. It'll still be too late there but at least it will have been a good attempt at addressing everything

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I have no issues with microtransactions if they're done well, and you can do them well.

The nanosecond they affect gameplay then I have an issue and immediately hate the game. 

Skins/cosmetics should be earned through gameplay same as CoD but with some wanky PrEmIuM ones if you want to buy. Icons/decals/team outfits etc.Profile icons (as long as the original trilogy icons are free still). All this is fine to monetise to me because I can still play the game against captain-$200-of-gear in a fair fight.

I don't mind XP boosts being bought or pay-to-skip as long as the skip is no more than 10-15 hours of average persons gameplay. And I do mean average.

Things like this I have no issue with. Paid consumables (exception of XP boosts...) can die in a fire. Free-earned consumables that are permanent if you buy can also die in a fire.

Most games don’t do the p2W modules except mmorpg games I’ve noticed. 

5 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

I suppose we all fell for the "5 years of development" bait.

10 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

I don't consider a Halo with zero ranked matchmaking features complete. They were much closer than they were with any other game though I'd give them that much but even then that game didn't come close to meeting expectations. It was just bad (imo) and their support began the trend of slow and too little/too late that they're maybe turning around for MCC. It'll still be too late there but at least it will have been a good attempt at addressing everything

I get you, I am on the same boat. It was bad Halo game but it wasn't a global disaster that attracts investigative journalism.

The Elite Field Marshall spawns with a Bubble Shield, Energy Sword, and Cloak (crouch and remain stationary to become fully invisible).  The combination of these three items allow him to use the Bubble Shield as a soft Area Denial tool.  

If the Field Marshall deploys a Bubble Shield then leaves the area, the empty Bubble Shield can still ward off enemies because they can’t be sure that an invisible, sword-wielding Elite is not hiding inside.