CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

If Infinite flops, or at the very least goes the way of Halo 4 and 5, where the games are basically culturally irrelevant within a few months of launch, what happens? Does MS finally say enough is enough and tear down 343, replacing the bulk of the core staff? Do they just strait up hand the Halo franchise to a separate developer? How much longer can Halo exist as both a Microsoft flagship and laughing stock at the same time? 

• Like (+1) 5

31 minutes ago, Hully said:

If Infinite flops, or at the very least goes the way of Halo 4 and 5, where the games are basically culturally irrelevant within a few months of launch, what happens? Does MS finally say enough is enough and tear down 343, replacing the bulk of the core staff? Do they just strait up hand the Halo franchise to a separate developer? How much longer can Halo exist as both a Microsoft flagship and laughing stock at the same time? 

They will try a revival again under new leadership. MS still thinks despite being trendchasing, underperforming, sub-fidelity and culturally irrelevant wank did 8 years that Halo is somehow going to make money.

Sorry but most fans are my age now and they don't want your shitty knock-off Halo-at-home.

• Like (+1) 5

The campaign is pretty much hopeless, imo. Even if they stick to their "10 year plan" I expect nothing but a shallow husk of a game (e.g Destiny) at release that they build on over time. We have seen this story many times before in game development, and it pretty much never ends well.

Multiplayer has potential, but I wouldn't be surprised if that has had some major issues along the way as well. 

LMAOOOOOO you'd think these clowns would've learned by now.

343 please just resign, you are EASILY the worst gaming company in history. 

Microsoft should just hire everyone from this site instead. :beyond:

19 minutes ago, Avenger said:

This would be the dumbest idea given the things we argue about.

31 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

This would be the dumbest idea given the things we argue about.

You think so? Idk I think most people here are on the same page about Halo's direction tbh. But anything would be better than 343 rn. Microsoft blew it by keeping these Bozos around when they have all the money in the world to just buy out the best game devs out there. Instead they resort to keeping these amateurs. It's almost as if they WANT to kill Halo.

26 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Who's Pierre Whatshisface? I take it Quinn's not around anymore?

Pierre Hinze. Was the lead producer on MCC. (During the recent times of good stuff, not the OG launch)

5 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

I feel like kiki wolfkill is the least problematic of the bunch. Like, what has she said or done thats on the level of Ross or frinklez?

Jesus I forgot she existed until today and everyone was saying she needed to be fired. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Avenger said:

Bethesda intensifies

While it would be cool if Id were the new devs, they have their own slew of issues. Their multiplayer decisions haven't been the best, and they managed to confound the story and lore of the campaign, though not as much as Halo. Id would need to take some time to really study the original trilogy in all its glory and non-glory to fully understand what they should do, and the modern trilogy to understand what they shouldn't.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I never hated that. People only bitched because they expect Spartans to play it cool, when Spartans 4s are Ex ODST’s aka ex soldiers. They know how to fuck around. And this is also a simulation the war games so it makes sense theyd brag about winning.

Exactly, its essentially a practice against your own team.  If you acted like the spartans did after a basketball scrimmage win against your own teammates, you would be a whole gaggle of dicks. it was dumb.

8 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

I feel like kiki wolfkill is the least problematic of the bunch. Like, what has she said or done thats on the level of Ross or frinklez?

She doesn't really work on gameplay stuff.  She's fine. If frank and bonnie left, I think that would be addition by subtraction at this point. Maybe get Tim Longo back.

8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

100% convinced Infinite as we know it has been in development since 2018. It's only a matter of time before some truth comes out about this disgrace.

The best part is someone was able to convince MS that it's worthy of a flagship title and they bought it.

The someone that was able to convince Microsoft was probably bean-counter-in-chief Chris Lee.

8 hours ago, Hully said:

id software is now part of MS. i would trust them after how much fun doom eternal is

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

11 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

id software is now part of MS. i would trust them after how much fun doom eternal is

oh shit thats right.  Now they get to restart development of Infinite with id tech!!!!! HOORAYYYY /s

Actually, now that they own that... is there even any reason to continue development on Slipspace?

• Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Avenger said:

They only need one guy from this site and it is your boy @Boyo

• Simms (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

oh shit thats right.  Now they get to restart development of Infinite with id tech!!!!! HOORAYYYY /s

Actually, now that they own that... is there even any reason to continue development on Slipspace?

They now own ID engine. I haven't thought of that. Halo 7 is gonna be awesome.

33 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Did that one dude ever release his video about the fucked-uppedness of 343?

No, atleast not yet. But looks like he has been talking to some people.

42 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Did that one dude ever release his video about the fucked-uppedness of 343?

which dude? 

this drama has gotten to the point that yong yea is covering it

3 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

which dude? 

this drama has gotten to the point that yong yea is covering it

Jason Shreier

7 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Jason Shreier

once he has enough for long info form content, you know the game is screwed

people who don't even follow halo are having no faith in this game now.

MS... time to change things up. that's money you're losing

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Who's Pierre Whatshisface? I take it Quinn's not around anymore?

bf67f6b255edb85063e2306e5469456b.png

Quinn is sandbox director... 

VF7ncth.png