CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

44 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

This was confirmed back in late august

I knew about Staten joining. Didn't know about Pierre, my bad.

Shoutout to the company that put a shitty community manager at one top spots in a triple a developer. What was Bonnie before 343? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

4 hours ago, Edain said:

Did monster and all the other "sponsors" forget to turn off the auto-scheduled marketing posts for Infinite? They are aware that the game has been delayed indefinitely right? It feels so strange to get hype posts like that or the guy that got his FREE 5$ skin posted earlier when the game could be 12+ months away lmao. Blunder after blunder.

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, BigShow36 said:

"Cursed" would imply that this kind of fuckery was unexpected. 

Also, seeing that there are now custom vehicle "coatings" (what's up with 343 constantly renaming things that don't need to be renamed?), that leads me to believe we will have ordinance drops or whatever. How else could you have custom vehicle paint jobs if you aren't specifically calling in "your" vehicle? 

I mean.... MCC?

You hop into the vehicle and it applies the skin you have set automatically.

27 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Shoutout to the company that put a shitty community manager at one top spots in a triple a developer. What was Bonnie before 343? 

What were a lot of the 343 employees before they started working on Halo? I'm genuinely curious what their credentials were before they started working on(fucking up) Halo. Outside of the ones that worked on previous Halo titles before 343 it's like they hired people that never worked on an FPS title before or any successful AAA franchise before Halo. You can't have a bunch of B tier developers working on a AAA title especially a flagship console selling title like Halo. Hopefully this delay will finally open Phil Spencer's eyes to how unfit 343 are to working on Halo and a major studio overhaul is in place.

1 hour ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

I mean.... MCC?

You hop into the vehicle and it applies the skin you have set automatically.

I never played any game modes with custom skin vehicles, so I had no idea that was a thing. 

57 minutes ago, Edain said:

What were a lot of the 343 employees before they started working on Halo? I'm genuinely curious what their credentials were before they started working on(fucking up) Halo. Outside of the ones that worked on previous Halo titles before 343 it's like they hired people that never worked on an FPS title before or any successful AAA franchise before Halo. You can't have a bunch of B tier developers working on a AAA title especially a flagship console selling title like Halo. Hopefully this delay will finally open Phil Spencer's eyes to how unfit 343 are to working on Halo and a major studio overhaul is in place.

Qualification number 1 was "hating Halo." I wish I was joking. 

1 minute ago, BigShow36 said:

I never played any game modes with custom skin vehicles, so I had no idea that was a thing. 

Yeah that’s how it works in mcc, cod, fortnite etc

17 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

Qualification number 1 was "hating Halo." I wish I was joking. 

I remember.

Is there another developer that has fumbled more consistently in that last 10 years? Part of what is so impressive about 343's incompetence its that all signs point to Microsoft being a very easy publisher to work with: Giving them 5+ years after H5, forgiving previous mistakes, openly saying they tend to stay out of developers business.

Maybe they were too hands-off on their largest IP. 

Most devs that royally screw up to this extent have notoriously shitty Parent companies/publishers, such is the case with BioWare and EA for instance. No real excuses here. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

He was probably put on a clock to "resign" after some time to let things cool down first.  With the dumpster fire that is 343 rn, I can't tell if they're problem is too much or too little oversight by microsoft.  Bean counters don't make good games.

Remember Halo 5’s bro Spartans?  

LmnVYU4.jpg

Here’s a leaked photo of Infinite’s, with the new coating system.  

M&M_spokescandies.jpeg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

I can see it now, August 2021, 343 announces that Infinite has been delayed until 2022. MCC on Steam also now only peaks at around 3,000 players, making crossplay with XBL necessary to literally keep the game from dying.

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

LmnVYU4.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

M&M_spokescandies.jpeg

I never hated that. People only bitched because they expect Spartans to play it cool, when Spartans 4s are Ex ODST’s aka ex soldiers. They know how to fuck around. And this is also a simulation the war games so it makes sense theyd brag about winning.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

LmnVYU4.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

M&M_spokescandies.jpeg

This actually still triggers me. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bro the reddit is such a fun place to hang out rn. Everybody is trashing 343 and their games, I made a post about h5 sucking dick and its sitting at like +45 upvotes!

I'd just like to thank my mom for being given this opportunity!

• Like (+1) 5

39 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Bro the reddit is such a fun place to hang out rn. Everybody is trashing 343 and their games, I made a post about h5 sucking dick and its sitting at like +45 upvotes!

I'd just like to thank my mom for being given this opportunity!

343 have made some dumb decisions, but this colour one takes the absolute fucking cake. Making a change that you know will piss off the ONE audience that doesn't shit on you all the time, the fucking casual audience. 

• Like (+1) 4

The halo community hasn't been this unified in over a decade. And its all thanks to 343 being stupid.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Bonnie Ross came from Zoo Tycoon and Fusion Frenzy. Currently Head of 343i.

Kiki Wolfkill came from Project Gotham Racing. She’s currently an Executive Producer. 

Frank O’ Connor was a glorified blogger on Bungie.com doing weekly updates during Halo 2/3. He’s currently the Franchise Development  Director.  

These are just some of the major players for 343i, can you spot any issues? 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Torlain said:

Bonnie Ross came from Zoo Tycoon and Fusion Frenzy. Currently Head of 343i.

Kiki Wolfkill came from Project Gotham Racing. She’s currently an Executive Producer. 

Frank O’ Connor was a glorified blogger on Bungie.com doing weekly updates during Halo 2/3. He’s currently the Franchise Development  Director.  

These are just some of the major players for 343i, can you spot any issues? 

I feel like kiki wolfkill is the least problematic of the bunch. Like, what has she said or done thats on the level of Ross or frinklez?

100% convinced Infinite as we know it has been in development since 2018. It's only a matter of time before some truth comes out about this disgrace.

The best part is someone was able to convince MS that it's worthy of a flagship title and they bought it.

• Like (+1) 3