CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Someone explain to me how 343 thinks they're in a position to pull this shit like their population numbers are off the charts and they're currently raking in an insane amount of money

Like, this is some ish you do when you rule the world, not when your next release might literally sink the company.

• Like (+1) 3

Most people only really use one color scheme + emblem. We’re talking maybe $20 to get your spartan colors and the emblem you want. Not bad. Very generous of them.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Hooked 3

They're definitely mimicking Fortnite's business model. Which is pretty reliant on having actual unique character models that you purchase, not color coatings.  And I don't think 343 has enough Character artists to be able to pump out like 5 new sets of new armor variants every week like Fortnite does with their characters. They'll probably overly monetize smaller things like emblems, colors, and voice lines.  And the actual armor sets will be more rare and $10 - $20.

• Like (+1) 2

My insiders are telling me medals will cost $2.50 each to unlock in order to earn them in multiplayer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Hooked 3

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Someone explain to me how 343 thinks they're in a position to pull this shit like their population numbers are off the charts and they're currently raking in an insane amount of money

Like, this is some ish you do when you rule the world, not when your next release might literally sink the company.

It makes perfect sense.

Companies do this all the time. When their analytics tell them the game cant grow anymore, game companies have almost always just given up and set up aggressive mtx to milk whats left of the fanbase.

This is literally 343/M$ telling us halo is officially dead.

• Like (+1) 1

$5 for a basic two colour coating.

You just know the shit with more colours and different patterns and textures are going to be more expensive, probably up to and even over $10 for the 'PREMIUM' Coatings. 

3 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

$5 for a basic two colour coating.

You just know the shit with more colours and different patterns and textures are going to be more expensive, probably up to and even over $10 for the 'PREMIUM' Coatings. 

Its $2 per emblem too

1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

My insiders are telling me medals will cost $2.50 each to unlock in order to earn them in multiplayer.

Man I gotta pay $2.50 for my "Kill" medal?

• Simms (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Man I gotta pay $2.50 for my "Kill" medal?

Pfft I would have paid $2.50 to remove all the extra/unnecessary medals that 343 added in the first place. I don't want a medal for getting a kill with an SMG.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Pfft I would have paid $2.50 to remove all the extra/unnecessary medals that 343 added in the first place. I don't want a medal for getting a kill with an SMG.

I like their head shot medal

• Fire (+1) 1

At this stage I'm genuinely surprised anyone actually didn't see something like this coming. 343 have failed their "own" franchise and have fumbled at every single given opportunity. They've always been given the benefit of the doubt or that they'll improve, but it's just not going to fucking happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

They just don't really brain, do they. It would not have been difficult to MTXize colors without stepping on what's been a feature since day 1. Like everyone here will piss and moan about what true Halo is because it is kind of...muddled. But in every single game, you were able to pick a damn color.

Here's what I would have done.

Have your usual color selection. Primary, secondary, tertiary. The usual amount of choices, too. Whatever amount H5 had, sure. No less than it's always been. But then provide the ability to buy custom colors via premium currency (hopefully some way of earning it rather than only buy), and these colors are from a hexadecimal color wheel.

But there could be plenty more. Instead of patterns/skins coming with the coatings, the ability to make the skin itself could be purchasable. Let the player buy layers of, or maybe even allotments of pixels and a few Photoshop-esque tools to let players draw proper lines and shite. If Blops2 could do this two generations ago, Halo can do this now.

Not done yet. Weapon skins are a duh. Why not the viewmodel hands (and legs?) If I could unlock an energy dagger and pair that with first person assassinations, that'd be so viscerally satisfying. Maybe even have some cool visual effects for melee or some really gay ones. Imagine clowning on someone with an AR+Beatdown suicide charge and they hear your Spartan yell YEET! as they drop and wait to respawn. What if the sound played every time you punched an enemy...or corpse. Yeeting corpses would be the new teabagging and people would pay so much for that because you just fucking know they would. Shit, I probably would. I'd buy my two favorite colors I use everywhere when given the chance, a couple more layers to get creative with, and maybe even the yeet punch....not sure on that one tho.

And it'd all be amusing all the way from the pregame lobby to the end of the match. Assuming there's player cards, if you see a dude hop in and his armor is so layered it's practically camoflauged and he's rocking a cool pose with energy daggers, you know he's either a whale or you're possibly about to get your shit stomped. Better check his stats.

(Biggest psyche is seeing a dude in completely default everything though. You saw a high rank dude in green Mark VI in H3, or gray Mark V in Reach and you knew he didn't give a shit about dress up Spartan-doll; he was there to cook your solo-queued ass into a Steaktacular and serve you up to Luke Smith)

Now hire me to be a monetization designer instead of whatever monkey you put in that office, 343i. My ideas are better. This shit's not like tryna substitute an 8-ball with Frankie's gleaming sphere.

Sad part is, I know it won't be anything like that and I'm not going to give a shit. Because for the most part, I was the dude in default armor. I'm not here to play dress up Spartan-doll. Unless if you unlock Emile's kukri this time and you can actually use it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

If Arena MP is no sprint/AA's then I couldn't give a fuck about colors. Unless you're in FFA then you're only gonna show up as red or blue anyway. Don't get it twisted tho I think it is a dumb decision on their end, but one I'm willing to overlook if Halo is Halo again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like Arena settings having no sprint/radar/abilities is our last hope for Infinite in general. 

Even then, killtimes will probably still be too long. 

It was always a long con: drive out the people who actually enjoyed traditional Halo, leaving only the sycophants who will splurge thousands of dollars on pointless customization features. They know the only people left don't actually care about the game itself, just the lore and dress up. Those people are not going to leave because of this.

13 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

It was always a long con: drive out the people who actually enjoyed traditional Halo, leaving only the sycophants who will splurge thousands of dollars on pointless customization features. They know the only people left don't actually care about the game itself, just the lore and dress up. Those people are not going to leave because of this.

That's the dumbest long con ever then. People suggest things like this but at the end of the day it makes no sense. They would remove players (and money from their pocket) just to isolate their whales? Why? You said it yourself those dudes would be there no matter what so what's the point of making a bad game to drive down your own sales and mtx transactions?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

That's the dumbest long con ever then. People suggest things like this but at the end of the day it makes no sense. They would remove players (and money from their pocket) just to isolate their whales? Why? You said it yourself those dudes would be there no matter what so what's the point of making a bad game to drive down your own sales and mtx transactions?

Mostly being facetious—though the aggressive pivot away from classic gameplay definitely revealed how many people would defend 343 and any decisions they make at any turn.

5 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

I'd say this is a pretty good example of no reply being better than the reply. Dude is obviously paid to put a positive spin on anything so I can't really hate but sometimes the bullshit is reaching way too far lol. We've learned next to nothing about Infinite. Its not a "different view" its reality that they haven't told us anything worthwhile outside of F2P lmao

PR people are usually the last people you want to listen to from a company

I feel really bad for all the Halo-related people who signed on to work at 343. Mouthpiece positions at the bottom rung who exist only to field the bitching.

• Like (+1) 7

Are you guys still expecting anything from this game? I'm past the frustration/hope stage, I'm just fucking giggling to myself over this. 

I hope they fuck up as badly as possible. Knowing 342, not a long stretch. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I want the gameplay to be good so bad, but like I don't want to shill money for armor I want. Like, this is nearly the opposite of what people might have wanted, armor that means something beyond you bought a cookie. 

Seriously, some exclusive "coatings" would be fine I guess but earning a sweet looking coating for 100 ranked wins? I'd go for that.