CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Maybe some things like changing colours will be free if you buy the game? But I quess they would point that out already.. 

14 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I like how the color of your armor being monetized is finally the thing that gets /r/Halo unanimously angry. Not the decade of shitty gameplay decisions, not 343's massive mismanagement of launches and content, not the fucking embarrassment that was the Infinite reveal...no, the pitchforks only come out when you can't spray paint yourself the color you want in a game where 95% of the time you're assigned a team color. That's the real outrage.

agree with everything but the last point. i would imagine the core of r/halo plays co-op campaign more than anything else. and if they dont, so what. i think the biggest reson for the outcry is that this cant be debated as an improvement (which they did with shit like clamber, armor abilities, sprint, etc) this is taking a feature, removing it, then selling it back to us. if this is what it finally takes to get the majority of the halo community against 343, then im all for it.

id is now under MS. give them the next game please

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I like how the color of your armor being monetized is finally the thing that gets /r/Halo unanimously angry.

smile-man.gif

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I like how the color of your armor being monetized is finally the thing that gets /r/Halo unanimously angry. Not the decade of shitty gameplay decisions, not 343's massive mismanagement of launches and content, not the fucking embarrassment that was the Infinite reveal...no, the pitchforks only come out when you can't spray paint yourself the color you want in a game where 95% of the time you're assigned a team color. That's the real outrage.

We a living in an idiocracy.  What do you expect?  giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hemlax said:

Maybe some things like changing colours will be free if you buy the game? But I quess they would point that out already.. 

No game has done this

9 hours ago, NavG123 said:

If we could get 10% of this outrage for things that actually affect gameplay...

I stay outraged. 
So much rage I can't find the horse.

This makes me wonder if companies could get away with releasing a free version of a game with MTX, and also a full-priced version with all items unlocked. 

They must anticipate that sales from MTX would equal or exceed the sales from a normally priced game.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

They must anticipate that sales from MTX would equal or exceed the sales from a normally priced game.

I’m still not fully convinced that micro transactions aren’t a larger scale version of http://www.savewalterwhite.com

• Simms (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Of course monetizing colors is bullshit, but so was having a straight up P2W system with Warzone and these habitual line-toers ate it up. That they suddenly found their stones here is hilariously peculiar.

I think they softened that blow by claiming that it allowed the dlc to be free and that the money made went into HCS. Thats why not as many people cared to complain about it.

• Like (+1) 1

Of course monetizing colors is bullshit, but so was having a straight up P2W system with Warzone and these habitual line-toers ate it up. That they suddenly found their stones here is hilariously peculiar.

Fuck

• Like (+1) 1

Fuck

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fuck

• Fire (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I think they softened that blow by claiming that it allowed the dlc to be free and that the money made went into HCS. Thats why not as many people cared to complain about it.

Like ANY of those pissants cared about the HCS.

Fuck

• Like (+1) 8
  • Simms (+1) 1

Point being, 343 spun it as a tough pill to swallow in order to improve the overall experience for everyone.

To be honest, I think its funny how they haven't commented on a single thread on the subreddit to do damage control. 

Seeing the community collectively losing their shit over the color system is mind-blowing. Of all the shitty changes and ideas 343 has had; this is the one they are most at odds with? 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kr0ni said:

Seeing the community collectively losing their shit over the color system is mind-blowing. Of all the shitty changes and ideas 343 has had; this is the one they are most at odds with? 

for context, halo reach was 8 years ago. consider that for many people that was their first halo experience: sprint, abilities and the subsequent gameplay would be standard for them, with the bonus that customization and social experience was arguably the best the series has ever offered.

to see a regression into the individual choices given since their first experience is significantly more impactful than gameplay changes they were never subjected to.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Its stupid but it makes sense how this is where the outrage is. The community has been divided with different preferences on most of the things we find distasteful for a long time now but absolutely every single one of us has always picked out our colors/emblems and are comfortable with it. So rather than getting at a subset of the community with a change they're seeing what happens if you do something that potentially upsets people from every single subset of Halo player at once. Its actually just really fucking stupid but you know I suppose that's expected

• Like (+1) 1