CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I've just realised that it has been 3 months since we saw 5 minutes of gameplay after 5 years of nothing. Didn't they say we would be given more info within the month? It was supposed to be released in 3 weeks. This whole situation is weird, covid or no covid.

I'm actually kind of bitter honestly.

• Like (+1) 8

44 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

I've just realised that it has been 3 months since we saw 5 minutes of gameplay after 5 years of nothing. Didn't they say we would be given more info within the month? It was supposed to be released in 3 weeks. This whole situation is weird, covid or no covid.

There's something releasing from Microsoft on Nov 9th and supposedly Infinite will be shown then.

If that's true, I'd expect it to at worst case at least look good. I don't think they would show off another bad Halo clip the day before the new Xbox.

Is 3 months really enough time to do anything significant though? Remember, the game was almost ready to launch. I don't think they could possibly do anything about those ugly mountains for example. They will be definitely more careful what to (not) show. But what else?

17 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Is 3 months really enough time to do anything significant though? Remember, the game was almost ready to launch. I don't think they could possibly do anything about those ugly mountains for example. They will be definitely more careful what to (not) show. But what else?

I guess I'm moreso flabbergasted that they're in the situation where they need a significant amount of time to show anything other than they did. If it was to be released in November I wouldn't expect this 6 or 12 months or whatever is some complete overhaul. I dunno.

1 hour ago, JordanB said:

There's something releasing from Microsoft on Nov 9th and supposedly Infinite will be shown then.

If that's true, I'd expect it to at worst case at least look good. I don't think they would show off another bad Halo clip the day before the new Xbox.

banking on first multiplayer reveal with surprise release of multiplayer the following day.  it is F2P....

They've been gearing up pro teams and shit.  something fishy is going on. 

It's beyond :beyond: strange that we still didn't get a single piece of additional information post reveal. The F2P multiplayer reveal was a leak that 343 later confirmed. I would imagine that we would've gotten something 90 days later. Possible Beta details, window of launch, campaign/story details, equipment/weapon reveals, multiplayer reveal, development vidocs, something anything to give the fans something to chew on. Why does everything with this company take so damn long? 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

banking on first multiplayer reveal with surprise release of multiplayer the following day.  it is F2P....

They've been gearing up pro teams and shit.  something fishy is going on. 

this wouldnt surprise me at all but i would rather an open beta tbh

18 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

this wouldnt surprise me at all but i would rather an open beta tbh

Eh, at this point who cares? The last 3 betas have been better than the actual releases. Rather not give them more opportunity to mess things up. 

5 hours ago, Stoppabl3 said:

It's beyond :beyond: strange that we still didn't get a single piece of additional information post reveal. The F2P multiplayer reveal was a leak that 343 later confirmed. I would imagine that we would've gotten something 90 days later. Possible Beta details, window of launch, campaign/story details, equipment/weapon reveals, multiplayer reveal, development vidocs, something anything to give the fans something to chew on. Why does everything with this company take so damn long? 

The simple lesson here is that you shouldn't be getting excited for their products.

How can this news even be spun positively lol what a joke

There will be a turnaround on this like how Halo 5 Emblems used to be locked to specific colors, with a "We're listening to the playerbase message" and then the next halo game that comes out will remove something else that's been around since 2004

Actual Hell World

When we shared the “Monarch” armor render in our last update, we also saw some feedback around it looking “like plastic” or being “too clean.” While we are very excited about the return to a more classic Halo art-style, we do want to acknowledge that the nature of these work-in-progress renders is such that they aren’t completely representing the base material as shown in-game with ‘real’ lighting.

IT'S JUST THE LIGHTING, OKAY

All these dudes gotta do is allow people to customize their "layers" with basic colors however they want then sell special effects/decals on armor as a microtransaction and nobody would be upset. People expect the cosmetic mtx in 2020/2021 and its fine in a game, especially a free one, but if they want to just piss people off yeah just sell basic color options too and see how that blows up in their face for no real reason

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I like how the color of your armor being monetized is finally the thing that gets /r/Halo unanimously angry. Not the decade of shitty gameplay decisions, not 343's massive mismanagement of launches and content, not the fucking embarrassment that was the Infinite reveal...no, the pitchforks only come out when you can't spray paint yourself the color you want in a game where 95% of the time you're assigned a team color. That's the real outrage.

Yes, because its a feature that the community can unanimously agree on. Everyone likes Spartan Dress up, not everyone hated Sprinty Boy Halo. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/5/2020 at 11:25 PM, ChieftaiNZ said:

kexzfatyg5r51.jpg?width=349&auto=webp&s=818374dec3bc534d2d8bfb321fc45ccd1b27379e

I noticed that the circled area's all have the same armour pattern, with the only real difference being armour colourisation. This seems to suggest that the colour of our Spartans in MP is going to be dictated entirely by whatever these new armour coatings are. Plus, the bottom one being called 'Monarch', and being Purple/Gold, the colours of royalty/Monarchs. 

Fucking called it lmfao. 

10 hours ago, Exidrion said:

100% believe to near certainty that Halo 6 was being made 2015-2018 and then they scrapped it to make Halo: Infinite after all the community analysis shat hard all over Halo 4/5. Find me a positive video about Halo 5's story. The Infinite "making of" trailer talks about concepts and where they get inspiration from.

They should have had prototype renders by then, not fucking images of what they think Halo 1 in 2020 should look like.

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

where 95% of the time you're assigned a team color. That's the real outrage.

Ikr like stfu, these people act like they see their Spartans colors 24/7

1 hour ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Yes, because its a feature that the community can unanimously agree on. Everyone likes Spartan Dress up, not everyone hated Sprinty Boy Halo. 

Still he’s pointing out the hypocrisy because you usually are red or blue nothing else 

In most games with microtransactions, the skins that are just simple color-fill variations that you could do in paint are the free unlocks... Then the fancy shit that actually needed some design with the texture or geometry you have to pay for.  343 THIS IS NOT THAT HARD.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Skill based mm is a good thing if population is high, which infinite will be. Infinite unlike previous halos won’t die and I’ll list why.

1. The obvious free to play:(with free to play people who don’t like the launch will return if they hear of an update that brings something they wanted in the game or it sounds amazing to them, they will return unlike before since they don’t have to offer up any money.

2. Constant support for ten years(a game that gets continuous support will always keep players especially with the halo brand name.

3. Streamers. I’m hoping that we get popular streamers or even current halo pros names through the roof so when they’re streaming twitch views are at best 20k on average. Popular streamers do help games get players 

Locking, of all fuckin things, color customization behind a pay wall is such a needless and specific fuck you to halo fans that it is completely reasonable for people who even liked shit like personal ordnance to take issue with it. At least you can look at bad design ideas as merely failed methods with which to make an enjoyable game (nevermind the subjective nature of your perception of said decisions). Theres no silver lining to monetizing colors.

• Like (+1) 2

Of course monetizing colors is bullshit, but so was having a straight up P2W system with Warzone and these habitual line-toers ate it up. That they suddenly found their stones here is hilariously peculiar.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Of course monetizing colors is bullshit, but so was having a straight up P2W system with Warzone and these habitual line-toers ate it up. That they suddenly found their stones here is hilariously peculiar.

Hilariously, the monetization of colours could even become P2W/A massive advantage for paying players, especially if darker coloured coatings are locked behind a paywall. That would give you a pretty disgusting advantage in FFA lol.