CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Umm I meant no one wants to play halo Mcc except the die hards not halo in general. They want a new game.

No shit, Sherlock. 

3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I’ll admit I guess I was wrong about halos population regarding Mcc

Now if you could just admit you were wrong about no-one caring about Halo campaign we'll be back to 3 pages ago where you hadn't posted a bunch of unsubstantiated, blatantly incorrect claims, that'd be A+.

• Like (+1) 5

22 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Infinite is gonna be great, boys. Can feel it in the bones.

I have this strange, Reamis25 level unsubstantiated feeling that Infinite's MP is going to be fun. Maybe not competitive, but fun.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Hooked 1

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

No shit, Sherlock. 

Now if you could just admit you were wrong about no-one caring about Halo campaign we'll be back to 3 pages ago where you hadn't posted a bunch of unsubstantiated, blatantly incorrect claims that'd be A+.

When I say no one like that I mean most people don’t, or multiplayer wouldn’t be the main thing played. This isn’t doom. 

Unpopular opinion here but clamber is great for halo .

1. Unpredictability.  In halo 1

1-3 you can basically predict how this person is going to get to X location or move upon you, but with clamber there’s a lot more spice to it, that I enjoy. The juking sometimes is amazing because of it. 
2. An obvious one but movement. It’s one of the main contributors to h5s amazing fast movement that people liked. 

I really am glad they decided to go with the simple traits of sprint, clamber and slide, and that instant transition of shooting along side it is definitely a plus one for me. Hopefully they keep the same sprint balances they had in h5. No thrust, no spartan charge and no ground pound is a plus for me. And yes even stabilize being gone is good. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

12 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Unpopular opinion here

- Reamis25, 2020.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 1

31 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Hopefully they keep the same sprint balances they had in h5.  

As in the same speed? Hopefully not.

I think clamber can be fine but the maps should not be designed around it. Pretty much every jump should be designed around the base height/crouch jump. It also shouldn't be very generous. If it makes certain jump feel smoother but doesn't really change where/what you can reach it doesn't really bother me. 

17 hours ago, NAK said:

I think clamber can be fine but the maps should not be designed around it. Pretty much every jump should be designed around the base height/crouch jump. It also shouldn't be very generous. If it makes certain jump feel smoother but doesn't really change where/what you can reach it doesn't really bother me. 

I agree. I'm fine with clamber if it is a "shit I failed the jump" rather than an entire movement mechanic.

If it must be added should be slow and put in so kiddies can get out of their poor campaign jumps. But in MP it is so slow that it's only used to escape an accidental jump off the map or very poor jump and absolutely not used as the go-to for climbing.

I'd rather it's not in though. Get good. It hurts map design far too much.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Clamber is the vertical equivalent to allowing players to teleport through walls off spawn.  Why bother with sneaky routes or skill jumps?  Just teleport through the wall.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't understand much this tolerance for clamber either. Balancing it out, so it doesn't require the whole map build around it, seems to beat the point of the ability itself. Or in other words, it would be just pointless excess.

As it is right now, the game doesn't work without it, but in the same time, it's still excessive and dumb feature that harms the game.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Clamber is the vertical equivalent to allowing players to teleport through walls off spawn.  Why bother with sneaky routes or skill jumps?  Just teleport through the wall.  

This is pretty extreme to say, because the logic behind clamber is pretty clear, whether you agree with it or not.  Clamber exists so the overall jump height in the game can be lower, but the verticality of the maps / height discrepancy in transition areas can still be taller to make height advantage more stout.

Thankfully, Spring Jumping still existed so those jumps could be made without clamber in most cases, but it's not as though clamber didn't have a purpose.

That said, Halo 5's verticality was still on the whole underdeveloped.  We had like...two areas that had any significant verticality (Blue on Eden, Tower on Rig)?

Clambor is vertical sprint and comes with similar, if not 1-1 problems. I've said in the past that you can get it to work without downsides if you turn it into an interactive map trait instead of a base ability, and allow players the ability to aim and shoot while doing it. Put that power directly into the map designers hands, and it sorts itself out.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

it's not as though clamber didn't have a purpose.

Thank goodness Halo finally added a mechanic that allows players to effectively increase the height of their jump.  That was an area it was severely lacking in.  

2 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

turn it into an interactive map trait instead of a base ability, and allow players the ability to aim and shoot while doing it. Put that power directly into the map designers hands, and it sorts itself out.

Like some sort of gravity lift?  Sounds ridiculous.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

Clambor is vertical sprint and comes with similar, if not 1-1 problems. I've said in the past that you can get it to work without downsides if you turn it into an interactive map trait instead of a base ability, and allow players the ability to aim and shoot while doing it. Put that power directly into the map designers hands, and it sorts itself out.

9 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Thank goodness Halo finally added a mechanic that allows players to effectively increase the height of their jump.  That was an area it was severely lacking in.  

I'd personally prefer more areas like Gold 1 on Guardian -- subtle ledges you can effectively double jump off of.  Keeps the ability to aim and shoot, may require some redirection while midair to keep orientation, but it allows player mobility/agency to ascend without having to use any sort of interact button beyond their own movement.

Halo 3 had ghost jumping for an extreme (and difficult) version of this, where -any- jut on a wall could be double-jumped off of if your character's shins could get above it, but I never saw many people utilize it, so not sure if it was just not widely known or if it was too difficult to be reliable in the heat of the moment.

• Like (+1) 3

Is there a way clamber could be implemented that would make it more interesting ie not giving it to all players off spawn?  Could it then be modified to make it more powerful?  

• Downvote (-1) 1

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

If only Halo would have feature jacked Shadowrun mechanics instead of CoD and Destiny. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

If only Halo would have feature jacked Shadowrun mechanics instead of CoD and Destiny. 

Like the tree of life?  

10 hours ago, NAK said:

As in the same speed? Hopefully not.

I guess I meant the no shield recharge, and if you get shot as you start to sprint it knocks you out 

12 hours ago, Shekkles said:

- Reamis25, 2020.

I can taste your salt from here in America  I added it to my frys 

• Salt (-1) 1

6 hours ago, Boyo said:

Like some sort of gravity lift?  Sounds ridiculous.

It's no more ridiculous than climbable ledges in Tomb Raider or Uncharted. Doom 2016 multiplayer had climbable ledges exactly like this. Not everything was climbable because the map designers dictated exactly where it was allowed.

• Like (+1) 1

BicycleWheelGyro_DSC_7267.gif

What do you think about a weapon that looks like this, a vertical wheel with two handles protruding from the center whose purpose is to carry you up a wall?  An integrated engine spins the wheel which grips the wall, pulling you upward.  

LT+RT - Wall Crawl 

LT - steer left 

RT - steer right 

Walk up to a wall, hold LT and press RT to begin wall crawling (sticking to and riding up a vertical surface).  While wall crawling, the triggers turn left and right.  

Clamber's both redundant and dumb, we don't need to have this debate again. It's literally only there to make low-mid skill jumps piss easy. 

Imagine if clamber was in Halo 3. G1-G2, S1-S2, and every other jump like that would become trivially easy. 

You want a moderate level of meaningful unpredictability. If you want the game to become completely unpredictable, you're essentially going to be playing social slayer.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I can taste your salt from here in America  I added it to my frys 

You like soggy fries? Ew man. Ew.