CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

17 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Well every forum and twitter helps support my claim. I don’t care if a small minority plays halo for its story.

so repeat after me: the majority opinion is what truly matters and it’s not up for debate that a FPS game like halo is known for its multiplayer than its campaign. 

Compare the sales numbers to the online population.  What does that tell you?  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Compare the sales numbers to the online population.  What does that tell you?  

The problem is current games are old and frankly that’s boring to play for a lot of people. There’s no modern halo to play and no h5 isn’t a  good example because that’s 5 years old now and no longer gets real support.  Although a lot of people don’t know it, I guarantee you that people hate h5s aiming. That’s something you can’t blatantly ignore even if you wished because it’s still gonna impact your gameplay. And halo through out the years has been more popular with its multiplayer. There’s just way more to do in multiplayer, most people aren’t gonna play a game for its campaign only especially a linear FPS one. Cod did a review on the percentage that played its campaigns and I think it was less than like 10%. Now I’m sure the percentage of those that played halos is higher but the overwhelming majority flock to multiplayer afterwards. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

15 hours ago, Shekkles said:

It is a good idea because of one massive difference: MP is free.

It still doesn't mean it's separate game though. I am not saying it won't happen but I am against it. I am simply not confident they will do it the right way.

6 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

tbh if I had full control of multiplayer design for a competitive Halo multiplayer experience, neither of those gametypes would be in the settings.

DON'T YOU TOUCH MY CTF. Also Flag Slayer is one of my favourite modes ever. 1pt per kill and 50 points per cap. First to 200.

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

The problem is current games are old and frankly that’s boring to play for a lot of people.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. I cannot stress this enough. You literally, not figuratively, don't know what you're talking about.

4 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

I am simply not confident they will do it the right way.

Well it is 343...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

It still doesn't mean it's separate game though. I am not saying it won't happen but I am against it. I am simply not confident they will do it the right way.

And how is it they’d fuck up?  What is the “right way” if they decided to release multiplayer by itself first 

1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

DON'T YOU TOUCH MY CTF. Also Flag Slayer is one of my favourite modes ever. 1pt per kill and 50 points per cap. First to 200.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. I cannot stress this enough. You literally, not figuratively, don't know what you're talking about.

No I literally do, people do not want to play the old halos aka Mcc right now except the halo die hards(and I fit in that category) . We’re not getting anyone to return or anyone new right now. 

The problem is current games are old and frankly that’s boring to play for a lot of people. There’s no modern halo to play and no h5 isn’t a  good example because that’s 5 years old now and no longer gets real support.  Although a lot of people don’t know it, I guarantee you that people hate h5s aiming. That’s something you can’t blatantly ignore even if you wished because it’s still gonna impact your gameplay. And halo through out the years has been more popular with its multiplayer. There’s just way more to do in multiplayer, most people aren’t gonna play a game for its campaign only especially a linear FPS one. Cod did a review on the percentage that played its campaigns and I think it was less than like 10%. Now I’m sure the percentage of those that played halos is higher but the overwhelming majority flock to multiplayer afterwards. 

Halo was always a package. For me and for many others I believe. When in prime, we would rotate between campaign, multiplayer, forge, firefight, we would watch Arby and the Chief, read books, watch eSports, hunt skulls, achievements, all of that. I made friends in Halo I later met in real life. We had a web about everything Halo. We did podcast. I didn't need any other game. Halo had so much to offer and best of the thing was, all it had to offer was fun. Halo is so much more than "just" multiplayer. And that is why it left such a stamp.

18 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

And how is it they’d fuck up?  What is the “right way” if they decided to release multiplayer by itself first 

Dude. I mean, well. How can you relase game that is not working for 3 years? How can you work on something for 5 years and come out with Craig? 343 has a patent to fuck up anything.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I've never heard of that but it sounds sick! 

5 minutes ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

I've never heard of that but it sounds sick! 

It was in the Flagstravaganza playlist that rotated on for Reach.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Halo was always a package. For me and for many others I believe. When in prime, we would rotate between campaign, multiplayer, forge, firefight, we would watch Arby and the Chief, read books, watch eSports, hunt skulls, achievements, all of that. I made friends in Halo I later met in real life. We had a web about everything Halo. We did podcast. I didn't need any other game. Halo had so much to offer and best of the thing was, all it had to offer was fun. Halo is so much more than "just" multiplayer. And that is why it left such a stamp.

Dude. I mean, well. How can you relase game that is not working for 3 years? How can you work on something for 5 years and come out with Craig? 343 has a patent to fuck up anything.

People not liking a games art doesn’t mean anything. The game didn’t look that bad but because it’s a triple a studio people want destiny levels of detail 

34 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

How can you relase game that is not working for 3 years? How can you work on something for 5 years and come out with Craig?

They are cursed. I am thoroughly convinced that they are cursed.

Halo didn't get the mercy death it needed, and the rightful resurrection and claim to fame. It's just been slogging through, being bashed in the mouth by its devs, its fanbase, its critics. Even with a free multiplayer, or a decent Forge, the fact remains that the devs still don't understand how to make a proper Halo after eight years.

They are beyond help.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 1

There’s no good way to course correct at this point, only less bad ones.  They’ve worked themselves into a position where Halo is now at the point that is should be evolving but the problem is, they’ve never delivered the thing that it needs to evolve from.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

No I literally do, people do not want to play the old halos aka Mcc right now except the halo die hards(and I fit in that category) . We’re not getting anyone to return or anyone new right now. 

It is way too much effort to unpack this. Fortunately everyone else knows it's not correct so there's be no point anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Shekkles said:

It is way too much effort to unpack this. Fortunately everyone else knows it's not correct so there's be no point anyway. 

There’s literally no evidence to prove me wrong since it’s a clear observation on what’s been going on. People aren’t playing Mcc and want a new halo game. People are playing other shit. 

denial doesn’t make me wrong 

• Downvote (-1) 1

People aren't playing mcc

This is objectively wrong. There are thousands of people regularly playing it. 
There is also no way of seeing how many people are playing offline split screen co-op in campaign during quarantine. Maybe there is currently more campaign players on the game?
Obviously people want a new Halo. 
Obviously people are playing other games. The market is flooded with quality titles.

• Upvote (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I wouldn't remove it from the game, but I wouldn't actively put it into competitive settings without significant changes.

It isn't even that I think flag is bad, because one of its strengths is how starkly contrasted different flag gametypes are -- just look at Pit, Narrows, and Heretic/Onslaught.  Each one highlights VERY different approaches to CTF.  It's just... I feel that Halo's CTF iterations don't highlight route running well enough to justify giving the gametype a free pass into settings without actual consideration of what it brings.

But then again, I'm the person who things Ricochet could work really well with massive changes -- higher score to win, make it more like a basketball sort of game, but with dunks worth significantly more.  Long range shots just slowly chip points in (but no open path from ball pick-up, WARLORD AND SHRINE).  This would allow it to pick up one of Flag's skill checks, where a successful spawn trap opens you up to initiate dunks or multiple successive dunks, but also allow "field position" scoring where you take the high percent play of just getting the point while it's available and then playing for a dunk later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

This is objectively wrong. There are thousands of people regularly playing it. 
There is also no way of seeing how many people are playing offline split screen co-op in campaign during quarantine. Maybe there is currently more campaign players on the game?
Obviously people want a new Halo. 
Obviously people are playing other games. The market is flooded with quality titles.

Thousands bullshit?! I have a good memory and I recognize who I play against  and I see the same names pop up nearly every game 

• Downvote (-1) 4

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Thousands bullshit?! I have a good memory and I recognize who I play against  and I see the same names pop up nearly every game 

The game matches you with people of your rough skill level. If there are just a couple thousand people playing, of course you're gonna start recognizing names in a pool of a couple hundred. And that ignores the numbers that are playing campaign, not to mention the playlists other than the specific playlists you frequent.

• Like (+1) 5

So after watching the Infinite gameplay reveal a few more times since its release I think there is actually decent chance this ends up being a solid Halo game from a multiplayer perspective, even if arena/competitive keeps all of the "modern" elements, which I assume it will. 

The fact is we have never received a game in which the "modern" aspects are seamlessly blending in with the core of what Halo is. 

Reach added in those elements in a way that was clearly experimental. 

Halo 4 which I recently re-downloaded just to remind myself how it feels is a sad clone of early COD at best with things like flinch, no descope and having to wait for what feels like a full second after sprinting to shoot, etc. 

Halo 5 might have more in common with Infinite Warfare (343 chasing industry trends again) than Halo and things like thrusters and sprint giving you a 125% boost in movement speed (I don't know the exact amount) completely changes map design and the flow of the game. 

When I have rewatched the Infinite reveal part of it really does seem to me like the core of Halo is still there. Many of the things that H5 had the really messed with the core Meta are gone and the "modern" elements 343 feels like they need to implement seem to be included in a way that might be as seamless as possible. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

There'd be a revival in population for MCC if they release a bunch of high tier dev-made maps for the map pool for the classic games. Everyone is just sick of playing the same BTB/invasion/4v4 maps over and over. Realistically this wont happen but its not like MCC couldn't experience growth if they ever bothered to release legitimate content for it.

39 minutes ago, Mad_L3pr3chaun said:

There'd be a revival in population for MCC if they release a bunch of high tier dev-made maps for the map pool for the classic games. Everyone is just sick of playing the same BTB/invasion/4v4 maps over and over. Realistically this wont happen but its not like MCC couldn't experience growth if they ever bothered to release legitimate content for it.

the map pool for ranked TS is outstandingly terrible. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nokt said:

https://steamcharts.com/app/976730

The internet is a wonderful place.

This doesn't show Windows Store players either. Nor does it show Xbox players. 

There are 10s of thousands playing MCC. 

This guy actually thinks no-one wants to play a new Halo despite it being the XSX flagship title. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

This doesn't show Windows Store players either. Nor does it show Xbox players. 

There are 10s of thousands playing MCC. 

This guy actually thinks no-one wants to play a new Halo despite it being the XSX flagship title. 

Umm I meant no one wants to play halo Mcc except the die hards not halo in general. They want a new game 

and I’ll admit I guess I was wrong about halos population regarding Mcc, guess SBMM has really ruined things huh? Some SBMM come into play in ranked as well by any chance?