CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I have a sudden desire to post more BTB videos

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think this is another thing we can blame 343 for. Trolls plaguing dead threads. What a miserable state.

@Boyo fill me with some more crazy ideas, I AM OPEN TO ANYTHING.

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

If anybody else responds to him or talks about him, you have lost my respect. Control yourselves.

Your nick and avatar reminds me of one third grade eSports org. Shame on you.

18 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

@Boyo fill me with some more crazy ideas, I AM OPEN TO ANYTHING.

Arena Vehicle 

The Slider looks like a Monitor, like Guilty Spark.  It is mounted to an energy beam that acts as track that the Slider can travel along (LB moves left, RB moves right).  When a user approaches the Slider and holds X, he is teleported inside the vehicle even though it appears too small to hold him.  

On a room based map, this tiny on-rails vehicle can travel between rooms on a unique path that is inaccessible to bipeds.  On an open air map, this mobile turret can travel along an elevated loop, firing down on players below like an aerial vehicle.  

Arena typically only features infantry, mounted turrets (stationary), and detached turrets (mobile).  The Slider is a mounted mobile turret that reduces the size of the user’s player model and gives him access to unique paths. 

• Simms (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

What if Infinite is good?

I think everybody, no matter how negative they may feel, is hoping for good things to happen. 

I mean looking at it now, with no emotions, it could be a good game. Don't know how "halo" it will be, but I think it could be better than Halo 5. Also seems to me they are trying to nail and prepare for the Infinite eSports scene much more than they did with H5. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hitmarkers 

The Grenade Launcher is capable of indirect fire.  It’s bounce-able projectile can damage players behind cover, players that the user has no direct line of sight on.  

The one place where hitmarkers would work, where they would actually compliment the weapon’s existing capabilities, is on the Grenade Launcher.  

Hitmarkers on frags allow for fishing because everyone spawns with them.  The pro pipe is a power weapon with limited ammo.  If a player wants to waste his precious few shots looking for hitmarkers, that’s his prerogative.  

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I have a sudden desire to post more BTB videos

I got you covered.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NavG123 said:

I got you covered.

Can I just say that the reason I keep coming back to this place despite Halo being in cryosleep and competitive Halo being irrelevant since 2012 is because I still love the series but I also enjoy reading the shit you all type.

You're salty, tired and irreverent bunch and I like the lot of you.

• Like (+1) 4

@Boyo here I come.

Vidar's shoes, simply called VIDAR. One man vehicle, used EXCLUSIVELY for Btb. More like exoskelet combined with jetpack. Very heavy, very slow, carries air to air, air to ground rockets. Gives extra shields. When on ground, you can use only weapons you carry, can't use any abilities. Main use as anti vehicle unit, can lock on. Very vunerable, since getting in and out takes time.

Lore. Used mainly by Spartans III on suicidal missions such as operation Prometheus on K7-49. Spartans were dropped from orbit, trying to destroy any defence machinery while falling, often being annihilated before connecting with their assigned ground units. Those successful surviving the fall, left their Vidars behind and proceeded on the target by foot.

How did I do?

• Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hemlax said:

@Boyo here I come.

Vidar's shoes, simply called VIDAR. One man vehicle, used EXCLUSIVELY for Btb. More like exoskelet combined with jetpack. Very heavy, very slow, carries air to air, air to ground rockets. Gives extra shields. When on ground, you can use only weapons you carry, can't use any abilities. Main use as anti vehicle unit, can lock on. Very vunerable, since getting in and out takes time.

Lore. Used mainly by Spartans III on suicidal missions such as operation Prometheus on K7-49. Spartans were dropped from orbit, trying to destroy any defence machinery while falling, often being annihilated before connecting with their assigned ground units. Those successful surviving the fall, left their Vidars behind and proceeded on the target by foot.

How did I do?

Sounds like a mech with a Jetpack.  What makes this vehicle special?  What niche is it filling that nothing else currently fills?  

Spartans already fire hand weapons while wearing an exoskeleton (their armor).  This second exoskeleton would have to offer something really unique for me to think it’s worth including (ground to air missiles can already be fired from the Missile Pod).  

Instead of trying to think of a clever name right off the bat, name it something generic like mech, tank, jet, troop transport, motorcycle, chariot, et c.  You can always change the name later.  The vehicle’s features/mechanics are what’s important, not the name or the lore.  

• Like (+1) 1

Err, yeah, you are probably right. I was always more of a lore guy than the technical type.

But the lore is important for immersion.

What role should a Mech-like vehicle serve in an actual Halo sandbox? What should be the design principles behind this vehicle to distinguish it in this role? 

42 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

What role should a Mech-like vehicle serve in an actual Halo sandbox? What should be the design principles behind this vehicle to distinguish it in this role? 

Okay it's not really a mech what I had in mind. More like a huge backpack with rockets, that will shoot you up in the sky and let you deal with enemy vehicles. High risk/reward tool for infantry. Can deal heavy damage, but very vunerable to sniper let's say. Like when you use lift with rocketpod on Valhalla but more controlled.

Not saying it's the best idea haha.

30 minutes ago, potetr said:

I don't think such a damage reduction is necessary (rather, it is detrimental)

This. 

Projectile utility weapon with low AA & bullet mag + fast player movement acceleration/deceleration (strafing) is the right way to implement a range limit in Halo. 

8 hours ago, _Synapse said:

A Spartan already is a mech.  I think a better question is what would a “pilot” look like.  Go the other way.  Not bigger.  Smaller.  

15 hours ago, Hemlax said:

@Boyo here I come.

How did I do?

halo_legends_prototype-1200x675.jpg&f=1&

?

13 minutes ago, Boyo said:

A Spartan already is a mech.  I think a better question is what would a “pilot” look like.  Go the other way.  Not bigger.  Smaller.  

Dear god I hate this fucking company. "You'll hear more info about Infinite in the coming months", IE  "We're gonna go back to radio silence on any important details and we're also gonna go back to giving out important information from fucking megablocks toys". 

I refuse to believe that they had more than half a campaign mission completed.

• Fire (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Dear god I hate this fucking company. "You'll hear more info about Infinite in the coming months", IE  "We're gonna go back to radio silence on any important details and we're also gonna go back to giving out important information from fucking megablocks toys". 

If we barely hear anything by the end of the year it pretty much confirms that Infinite is a Fall 2021 title. They won't release it in the middle of the summer and if it were a Spring release they would to starting the marketing by the end of the year (or at least start to show more of the game). Maybe September though. 

All of this confirms that the development of this game was as much ( or more) of a shitshow as we thought. Which still blows mind considering the amount of money involved and everything that was on the line. It's not even like they are a new dev team, they have two other in studio games to learn from (and five years). 

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

I hate how devs treat their fans like children. Just show us raw in engine shit. Just set the engine to wireframe so we can't see textures or any details. Literally anything is better than radio silence.

Literally anything they showed in the sprint would work. which makes me think MAYYBe theyre doing another sprint series hence the lack of info, but no. We know thats not happening.