CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

19 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

So apparently m$ says halo infinite will release soon. Now in my experience soon from these companies(especially 343) is 6 months. If we take the original Release of November 6 months after that is April. But I believe deep down infinite will release in March. Soon isn’t a full year delay. This isn’t an overhaul of the game, it’s just polishing graphics, lightning etc. there’s no gameplay changes happening. 
you know I really hope that new bubble shield can’t be shot through in multiplayer. 

This is the second or third time I've seen you post about "rumors" that Infinite is releasing soon. I don't exactly google Halo Infinite rumors every day, but I am on reddit a bit and I don't see any of this stuff. Can you at least post some proof when you mention this stuff. Regardless of if I think you're right or wrong it means nothing if the rumors are just some Twitter poll or a long Waypoint post about how it makes too much sense to release in X month.

@JordanB

He found a teensy small writing with an asterisk at the bottom of Microsoft's Xbox Series page saying "Halo Infinite: Coming soon," and made the biggest assumption of it.

You're wasting your time with Reamis, and Reamis is wasting time.

57 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

@JordanB

He found a teensy small writing with an asterisk at the bottom of Microsoft's Xbox Series page saying "Halo Infinite: Coming soon," and made the biggest assumption of it.

You're wasting your time with Reamis, and Reamis is wasting time.

Sheesh you don’t got to be all petty about it. It’s just an assumption which isn’t a fact.

I just saw this dudes video and thought cool. You ain’t gonna play infinite anyway , so why you care? 

• Downvote (-1) 1

35 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Sheesh you don’t got to be all petty about it. You ain’t gonna play infinite anyway , so why you care? 

On the contrary.

I will still be playing Infinite, mostly because I like making core maps in the Forge editor, along with 2v2 maps. I still have to practice playing the game in order for my personal level design goals to be reached via understanding the sandbox and meta. Many other people who use Forge have the same sentiment; we pretty much know the game's gonna suck, so we spend our time making maps/settings better than the retail, and just play them together or in open lobbies. Multiplayer side is now free, so we don't need to spend a dime on our end, unless 343 do some scummy shit like putting Forge behind a paywall.

You made the mistake of giving out information without providing the source of it, which someone else did for you, until you responded to me with the post above. Not only that, but both you and the tuber (which you watched and thought, "cool," which leads me to theorize you just believed what he surmised from the Microsoft webpage) made a huge reach from such a small piece of info tucked in dinky letters at the bottom of a page.

It would've made more sense to make this assumption if Microsoft themselves said on a Twitter page the same words. I would be impressed if 343 actually manage to fix their situation to set up a release in Spring, but again, all of their public and nonpublic affairs speak a different story.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

On the contrary.

I will still be playing Infinite, mostly because I like making core maps in the Forge editor, along with 2v2 maps. I still have to practice playing the game in order for my personal level design goals to be reached via understanding the sandbox and meta. Many other people who use Forge have the same sentiment; we pretty much know the game's gonna suck, so we spend our time making maps/settings better than the retail, and just play them together or in open lobbies. Multiplayer side is now free, so we don't need to spend a dime on our end, unless 343 do some scummy shit like putting Forge behind a paywall.

You made the mistake of giving out information without providing the source of it, which someone else did for you, until you responded to me with the post above. Not only that, but both you and the tuber (which you watched and thought, "cool," which leads me to theorize you just believed what he surmised from the Microsoft webpage) made a huge reach from such a small piece of info tucked in dinky letters at the bottom of a page.

It would've made more sense to make this assumption if Microsoft themselves said on a Twitter page the same words. I would be impressed if 343 actually manage to fix their situation to set up a release in Spring, but again, all of their public and nonpublic affairs speak a different story.

I believe that is M$ even if it is in dinky letters saying coming soon. Not everything’s gotta be tweeted out. 
and At the end of the day no one will play your maps congrats.

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

I think it's more likely that whoever in Xbox marketing put that page together does not have full visibility of Halo's release timeline and just needed to say something to note that Halo is not a launch game. 10 seconds of thought probably went into it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

At the end of the day no one will play your maps

I just explained that there are others who Forge and play, and we've gotten together to show what we made and talk about design. Some of those same Forgers are now in the industry, some are practicing design on other editors, and some of them are responsible for Mythic Arena, myself included. Please don't underestimate the work we do; after all, the shooter genre we play started out with a bunch of newbie devs wanting to shoot demons on Mars.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I just explained that there are others who Forge and play, and we've gotten together to show what we made and talk about design. Some of those same Forgers are now in the industry, some are practicing design on other editors, and some of them are responsible for Mythic Arena, myself included. Please don't underestimate the work we do; after all, the shooter genre we play started out with a bunch of newbie devs wanting to shoot demons on Mars.

I play your maps :)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

On 9/15/2020 at 9:32 AM, Reamis25 said:

So apparently m$ says halo infinite will release soon. Now in my experience soon from these companies(especially 343) is 6 months. If we take the original Release of November 6 months after that is April. But I believe deep down infinite will release in March. Soon isn’t a full year delay. This isn’t an overhaul of the game, it’s just polishing graphics, lightning etc. there’s no gameplay changes happening. 
you know I really hope that new bubble shield can’t be shot through in multiplayer. 

If we're using the 343 definition of "soon" then, yeah, I'm sure it is releasing "soon." 

SOON.jpg

4 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Sheesh you don’t got to be all petty about it. It’s just an assumption which isn’t a fact.

I just saw this dudes video and thought cool. You ain’t gonna play infinite anyway , so why you care? 

So someone made a 4 minute video about a 1 word sentence that came from a footnote. How soon have we forgotten Soon™ 

The reason I ask for sources is exactly for this reason. This is basically nothing IMO. No official or public announcement has been made. It's great you think the video was cool, you can believe all you want Infinite will release in Q1 and you may be right or wrong; but it's really not legitimate to source off of and claim as such.

30 minutes ago, JordanB said:

So someone made a 4 minute video about a 1 word sentence that came from a footnote. How soon have we forgotten Soon™ 

The reason I ask for sources is exactly for this reason. This is basically nothing IMO. No official or public announcement has been made. It's great you think the video was cool, you can believe all you want Infinite will release in Q1 and you may be right or wrong; but it's really not legitimate to source off of and claim as such.

Ok well this was still something. Sorry that there’s literally no other form of information on infinite for anyone to discuss. It’s still something that leads to a potential Q1 or Q2 release as those would be considered soon. The original date of infinite would of been November 10th. A March RL would be 5 months afterwards. And usually when 343 says soon the update, game, etc releases 6 months later so I say we’re looking at an April release. 

1 minute ago, timeforkoalas said:

More likely is someone from Xbox marketing working on that promo page who has no knowledge of the specific Halo release timeline had to add a disclaimer in due to the delay. 10 seconds of thought might have went into it.

And what if it isn’t? Ever thought of that? 

"We are looking into hit registration issues and intend to fix them in the new patch" IE we're gonna make you wait two months before we make the game playable also did you want duals in rotation haha

• Like (+1) 1

Word to the wise: don't treat speculation that comes from a video of a grown adult waving around a plastic energy sword as anything reputable/reliable.

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

"We are looking into hit registration issues and intend to fix them in the new patch" IE we're gonna make you wait two months before we make the game playable also did you want duals in rotation haha

Wait is the hit reg not coming in the ODST update 

52 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Word to the wise: don't treat speculation that comes from a video of a grown adult waving around a plastic energy sword as anything reputable/reliable.

Lmao 

The Promethean armor ability transforms the user into a small metallic sphere that can roll and jump.  The Shroud is a Promethean vehicle that is only accessible to players in sphere form.  To enter the Shroud, the player must first transform into a sphere.  

While it is a standalone vehicle, the Shroud is also the core unit of the conglomeration of Promethean vehicles known as the Sphinx.  This hovering ball of dark matter is the nucleus of the Promethean mobile base, holding all the other vehicles together.  

The Scythe is a crescent shaped, hovering craft that projects a shield wall down to the ground, protecting ground troops behind it.  The lone operator stands on top, manning a forward facing turret.  The Scythe can orbit the Shroud, revolving around it at the operator’s behest.  

The two Sidecars are the passenger seats of the modular mobile base.  These hovering sniper nests provide limited cover and an elevated firing position.  

The two Unicycles are the rapid assault arms of the Sphinx, able to split off from the Shroud and zoom around the map independently.  The Sidecar has the ability to “winch” onto another vehicle to get a free high speed tow.  This means that the Sphinx could be broken down into three smaller vehicle conglomerates:  Unicycle-Sidecar, Unicycle-Sidecar, and Shroud-Scythe.  

The Sphinx is a modular mobile base.  It is composed of 1 Shroud, 1 Scythe, 2 Sidecars, and 2 Unicycles.  They can operate as a single collective or disperse into smaller groups of vehicles.  

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Wait is the hit reg not coming in the ODST update 

It is but it's been like a month and a half since 343i gave the acknowledgment 

43 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

It is but it's been like a month and a half since 343i gave the acknowledgment 

Oh but they always said it was coming with the ODST update so I don’t see the problem 

9 hours ago, timeforkoalas said:

I think it's more likely that whoever in Xbox marketing put that page together does not have full visibility of Halo's release timeline and just needed to say something to note that Halo is not a launch game. 10 seconds of thought probably went into it.

The amount of places they'd have to change the info on is gargantuan. There's going to be a lot of discrepancy.

10 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Oh but they always said it was coming with the ODST update so I don’t see the problem 

"Game breaking issue that people have complained about since 2014? Yeah let's make people wait two months more after acknowledging it for the first time in 6 years"

26 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

"Game breaking issue that people have complained about since 2014? Yeah let's make people wait two months more after acknowledging it for the first time in 6 years"

Well what I mean is they tested the update in the insider which ended on the 30Th if I’m correct. They want to release it with the next patch is all 

Anyone else think camo should last until you die?

It's not that strong of a powerup and historically has a very limited duration.

EDIT: I would also entertain the idea of a single OS recharge.

• WutFace (+0) 1

33 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Anyone else think camo should last until you die?

It's not that strong of a powerup and historically has a very limited duration.

EDIT: I would also entertain the idea of a single OS recharge.

I think that really depends on which Halo we're playing and on what map. It could go from mostly being okay to extremely toxic. Like some people on Damnation are extremely hard to beat just because they always manage to get the camo but at the same time in H2 sometimes people with camo are nearly just as obvious as players without it and you might not honestly see toooo much of a difference on warlock most of the time if they made that change. A permanently camo sniper on Guardian however would be the worst thing that has ever happened.  It would also change how players play with camo. Sometimes you're really pushing for a flank and trying to just use the advantage even if its marginal on some maps simply because you know it only lasts for so long. I think you'd really just have to actually try it before you could decide yes/no on that one in a lot of cases

• Like (+1) 1