CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

By default, the Needler and Plasma Detonator do not have scopes...

Needler 

RT - automatic homing projectiles 

LT - four round burst 

Plasma Detonator 

RT - semi automatically fire up to four remotely detonated stickies 

LT - detonate stickies 

...but the X button toggles the Needler into Rifle Mode and the Plasma Detonator into Launcher Mode.  

Needler (Rifle Mode) 

LT - scope 

RT - semi auto 

Plasma Detonator (Launcher Mode) 

LT - scope 

RT - charge then fire up to four homing stickies 

The Needler can switch between close range homing and long range plinking.  

The Plasma Detonator can switch between quickly sticking/detonating single players and slowly charging/launching barrages of homing stickies at distant players/vehicles (close range plinking and long range homing).  

Classic NavG best NavG.

There is no need to get a totally new studio.  90% of employees are just doing what they are told.  They need a serious management overhaul which very well may already be under way.  If the rumors are true they need to stop relying on contractors so much too.  And get better tools.  They have a lot of work to do but building a new studio doesn't automatically make those jobs easier.   Buuut we said that after Halo 4 and 5 too so who knows.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I'd be down for that.

okay but even though I was  intially trolling. If brutes are playable, this dude I replied too wants customizable brute armor and hairstyles.

I WANT CUSTOM FACE SCARS..... that's how I got to the factory new and battle scarred discussion.

10 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Classic NavG best NavG.

There is no need to get a totally new studio.  90% of employees are just doing what they are told.  They need a serious management overhaul which very well may already be under way.  If the rumors are true they need to stop relying on contractors so much too.  And get better tools.  They have a lot of work to do but building a new studio doesn't automatically make those jobs easier.   Buuut we said that after Halo 4 and 5 too so who knows.  

yeah it's honestly true and I forget. I sound like a broken record bringing this up but Vic deleon (h3 artist) was responsible for lot of great Halo art in Halo 2-3. Idk about CE.

But he also worked heavily on h5... He was heavily featured in the Sprint docs. So even HE had no say in the artistic vision. It was all up to the concept artist and creative director to pick the artstyle, and Vic's job is to follow that art 1:1. So even though he was OG Halo artstyle through and through, even he had no control over what is and isn't visually halo.

edit: But as I typed all that out, I realized it's also whoever is hiring's fault and the concept artist's fault too because they chose someone who doesn't recognize the Halo artstyle and its distinguished look. They chose someone who wanted generic sci fi over a pre established universe. My pitchfork is back out...

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BigShow36 said:

I don't think paying $4.99 for a skin in a video game is "giving it out." 

Umm it still fits in that category. Just because i gotta pay for it. I guess I should rephrase it. “Hey if a game releases a good ass skin for purchase I’m buying it” 

7 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

343 honestly hurt me with their H5 weapon skins. I honestly didn't think it could be so much of a letdown for most of the skins lol. I think everyone that suggested them was looking at games like CS where they had really nice and clean skins that were visually appealing. Then 343 hit me with the equivalent to a kid learning about word art lol

H5 had plenty skins that were good. Just because they had a few that sucked doesn’t mean shit. 

3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

H5 had plenty skins that were good. Just because they had a few that sucked doesn’t mean shit. 

If by a few you mean almost all of them yeah sure

• Like (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 3

44 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

If by a few you mean almost all of them yeah sure

There were plenty of good ones. The only ones people hated were the pizza skins 

Re-Drawing the Coloring Book — Setting the Rules for the New Weapon Sandbox 

RT is the primary operator.  If a player runs around spamming RT at enemies, he can find limited success.  

In many cases, LT activates the weapon’s scope.  In some cases, LT aims down sights.  In other cases, LT alt-fires a unique projectile.  The Mauler alt-fires an explosive projectile while the Spiker alt-fires a grappling hook, pulling the player to its point of impact.  

In many cases, X reloads the weapon.  In some cases, X toggles the weapon between two firemodes, modifying the functions of LT, RT, or both.  In other cases, X activates a unique ability, like a thermal scan (reveal enemy footprints) on the sword or a gravity grab (pull nearby objective) on the hammer.  

Sidearms are a sub-class of weapons that don’t count toward the two weapon limit.  For example, the Magnum is a sidearm.  In Arena, all players spawn with the Magnum.  This means, a player could pick up two weapons from the map without dropping his Magnum, only holstering it.  Once one of the pick-ups is out of ammo, holding Y drops it and re-equips the Magnum.  

Alt-fire, Secondary firemodes, and Sidearms increase the player’s attack potential.  

So apparently m$ says halo infinite will release soon. Now in my experience soon from these companies(especially 343) is 6 months. If we take the original Release of November 6 months after that is April. But I believe deep down infinite will release in March. Soon isn’t a full year delay. This isn’t an overhaul of the game, it’s just polishing graphics, lightning etc. there’s no gameplay changes happening. 
you know I really hope that new bubble shield can’t be shot through in multiplayer. 

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

So apparently m$ says halo infinite will release soon. Now in my experience soon from these companies(especially 343) is 6 months. If we take the original Release of November 6 months after that is April. But I believe deep down infinite will release in March. Soon isn’t a full year delay. This isn’t an overhaul of the game, it’s just polishing graphics, lightning etc. there’s no gameplay changes happening. 
you know I really hope that new bubble shield can’t be shot through in multiplayer. 

I really hope this buble thing won't be in multiplayer at all.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

I really hope this buble thing won't be in multiplayer at all.

I’m 100% positive it will be there as equipment has been confirmed. I just would it’s shooting people through it be removed. I would like it if ranked wouldn’t have equipment 

3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

So apparently m$ says halo infinite will release soon. 

I find that incredibly hard to believe, and would like to know where they made this statement. Everything that has happened is pointing towards a late Fall release window, and assuming anything much earlier than that is foolish hopefulness. It would take a huge effort and lots of cut corners for 343 to attempt what you're suggesting, and while I know more of the behind-the-scenes stuff they do, everyone in this forum knows of their very public and very stupid shenanigans.

55 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I find that incredibly hard to believe, and would like to know where they made this statement. Everything that has happened is pointing towards a late Fall release window, and assuming anything much earlier than that is foolish hopefulness. It would take a huge effort and lots of cut corners for 343 to attempt what you're suggesting, and while I know more of the behind-the-scenes stuff they do, everyone in this forum knows of their very public and very stupid shenanigans.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/xbox-series-x

Way at the bottom in small text with the asterisks

The 343i guide to build hype for video games:

Give out practically zero important information regarding the video game, show reveals to whom the reactions range from unimpressed to hilariously terrible, then delay the game for half a year and go back to near-radio silence regarding important information

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, infraction said:

I mean that is just because they don't have a release date anymore but they need to put something saying it isn't out yet. Just a disclaimer that it will be releasing later essentially.

I agree - I don't really think it's interesting evidence.

6 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I'm surprised there's an ounce of interest left for H5.

Same if I was looking to not play Halo I wouldn't settle for whatever H5 is. I mean really there's way better games to play I think this is literally just fatigue for people who are seriously competing and just wanting anything different. We all saw the H5 population and what happened to it over time. To be fair though I'm sure there really are H5 fans but I'm also sure that they aren't a large group otherwise people would actually play H5 at the end of the day. Its not like the game was booming when it went out. People weren't practicing for events, it wasn't drawing big open bracket events and the viewership was tanking. People who are really into the HCS are just out here with nothing happening because 343 is fumbling releasing a new title for years at this point

I really didn't enjoy playing with thruster packs because I wanted to play bumper jumper, meaning that since I don't claw, I had to lift my thumb off the right joystick to do it, which was absolutely horrible. It's also just annoying to play against, I really REALLY don't care at all if it makes Halo 5's skill gap larger, it's a stupid mechanic that makes the game substantially less enjoyable to play for me. To be more specific, getting into relatively close quarters and having to contend with someone's inevitable thrust in the ensuing fight is not fun. Putting in a mechanic that can on a dime change a player's direction and speed like thruster pack does makes aiming in your shooter an objectively shitty experience (especially on console) no matter how much god damn aim assist and bullet magnetism you put into the game to compensate.

Also, as much as these pros sing praises about Halo 5, its mostly in comparison to older Halos that are very stale at this point.

Halo should go all out with having a wacky, fun sandbox that lets you do all sorts of cool things with pick ups. Default annoying abilities like thruster pack, spartan charge, and ground pound definitely shouldn't represent the future of Halo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

3 hours ago, TI Inspire said:

I really didn't enjoy playing with thruster packs because I wanted to play bumper jumper, meaning that since I don't claw, I had to lift my thumb off the right joystick to do it, which was absolutely horrible. It's also just annoying to play against, I really REALLY don't care at all if it makes Halo 5's skill gap larger, it's a stupid mechanic that makes the game substantially less enjoyable to play for me. To be more specific, getting into relatively close quarters and having to contend with someone's inevitable thrust in the ensuing fight is not fun. Putting in a mechanic that can on a dime change a player's direction and speed like thruster pack does makes aiming in your shooter an objectively shitty experience (especially on console) no matter how much god damn aim assist and bullet magnetism you put into the game to compensate.

Also, as much as these pros sing praises about Halo 5, its mostly in comparison to older Halos that are very stale at this point.

Halo should go all out with having a wacky, fun sandbox that lets you do all sorts of cool things with pick ups. Default annoying abilities like thruster pack, spartan charge, and ground pound definitely shouldn't represent the future of Halo.

my problem with thrust is when someone is thrusting right, they INSTANTLY get a boost back to the left with no movement penalty despite them moving the previous direction

like basket ball jukes, you have to STOP to move the opposite direction, or at least slow your movement. This is what thrust needs. If I'm strafing to my right, my thrust in the opposite direction should be HALF the normal distance. but no, the way h5 handles it - thrust is the same distance no matter your movement direction or directional velocity.

"The direction of the velocity vector is directed in the same direction that the object moves."

This is why jumping and no thrust is always my preferred method, jumping is telegraphed pretty well to the player. (look at the video, he has to stop before he can go the opposite direction. It's always telegraphed) If they strafe right they can't just jump full distance to the left without penalty to their momentum. 

It doesn't make the skillgap larger imo, it just adds a mechanic that literally no one can possibly react to... no pros can hit a person mid strafe thrusting. it's too unpredictable.

Just blows my mind how no one thought to balance this, they just seemed to throw it in without care.

• Fire (+1) 1