CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

They've got alternative sources of revenue like XBL and Game Pass, plus they're Microsoft. 

On a separate note, is Decidia from NHE H1 based off Toxicity from Quake Live? The former seems to be inspired from the latter. 

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

On a separate note, is Decidia from NHE H1 based off Toxicity from Quake Live? The former seems to be inspired from the latter. 

I can see why you would think Toxicity. It's based on CPM3A though. I always thought Decidia was completely original design until somebody told me it was based on this map.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Stop blaming the hardware.

Oh have no fear, I wholeheartedly blame 343. 5 years to have a worse looking game than Halo Reach.

• Like (+1) 3

I genuinely don't understand how they made a cute smile and blew smoke up our asses for 3 years, whenever information on Infinite was concerned. 

I'd have had more respect for them if they admitted that they were having trouble in development. 

7 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

I'd have had more respect for them if they admitted that they were having trouble in development. 

They will never openly admit the biggest reasons why they took so long. It would piss everyone off more than they already are.

I forget the name of the fellow, but he apparently has gotten a lot of info about 343, and will be sharing it in a Youtube video. He may very well talk about what I disclosed a good while ago, and then some.

• Like (+1) 1

You know the more I watch the campaign demo I can appreciate how smooth the movement looks, and the gun play is nice. So far there’s no RNG bloom but a visual indicator on how fast you’re shooting(tbh I think they should get rid of that) and if there is some reticule bloom it’s more like h5&4 where it’s negligiblE at best and 9.5/10 you won’t lose a battle because of it. Hopefully 343 does show off MP gameplay this year. 

@MultiLockOn I see some people say they should take a full year delay, but some rumors and even some of those monster energy are making it look like the delay is to spring( I prefrrr this)

it seems to me 343 is only having problems with textures, lightning and aome animations. Would that really need a full year or is about 4-6 something totally doable? As a game developer I’d take your word for it than someone who doesn’t know shit. 

besides it would be a good thing if the delay was spring because halo at that point t would have no competition. There be no game that be in its way. Well then again there is HYTALE! 

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

some rumors and even some of those monster energy are making it look like the delay is to spring( I prefrrr this

besides it would be a good thing if the delay was spring because halo at that point t would have no competition. There be no game that be in its way. Well then again there is HYTALE! 

Are you talking about the codes for the skins? Those started coming out before we even saw the gameplay demo IIRC. They definitely started coming out before they announced a delay. 

If Halo can't even try to contend with the likes of a new COD by releasing in Oct/Nov then releasing in spring won't change anything. The people playing the 2020 COD will still dominate Infinite and then when 2021 COD releases we'll get buried again like we always have been. The release date of the game means nothing if the game isn't ready. And we have no idea how much of the game really needs to be fixed.

1 hour ago, JordanB said:

Are you talking about the codes for the skins? Those started coming out before we even saw the gameplay demo IIRC. They definitely started coming out before they announced a delay. 

If Halo can't even try to contend with the likes of a new COD by releasing in Oct/Nov then releasing in spring won't change anything. The people playing the 2020 COD will still dominate Infinite and then when 2021 COD releases we'll get buried again like we always have been. The release date of the game means nothing if the game isn't ready. And we have no idea how much of the game really needs to be fixed.

Dude I don’t think the game is broken or lacking anything all the infinite demo lacked was textures and lightning and that stiff banshe animation but I’m positive the rest of the game is fine. You keep looking at MCC as a sign of incompetence when that game was way too ambitious. 

• Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

19 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Dude I don’t think the game is broken or lacking anything all the infinite demo lacked was textures and lightning and that stiff banshe animation but I’m positive the rest of the game is fine. You keep looking at MCC as a sign of incompetence when that game was way too ambitious. 

I'm looking at CEA, MCC, and H5 as a sign of incompetence, not to mention all the management rumors that have been coming out ever since that gameplay was revealed. 343 is not in a good state right now. I'm not saying it's impossible to launch spring 2021 but I really won't have any hope for the game if it does. But tbh I don't know if I'll ever have hope for the game regardless of the launch date so maybe it doesn't matter.

Side note

XSX $499. UK 449

XSS $299. UK 249

Both launching Nov 10th 

Maybe an even bigger announcement is EA Play is being offered with GPU at no additional cost.

5 minutes ago, JordanB said:

I'm looking at CEA, MCC, and H5 as a sign of incompetence, not to mention all the management rumors that have been coming out ever since that gameplay was revealed. 343 is not in a good state right now. I'm not saying it's impossible to launch spring 2021 but I really won't have any hope for the game if it does. But tbh I don't know if I'll ever have hope for the game regardless of the launch date so maybe it doesn't matter.

Side note

XSX $499. UK 449

XSS $299. UK 249

Both launching Nov 10th 

Maybe an even bigger announcement is EA Play is being offered with GPU at no additional cost.

Umm h5 And CEA worked. 

ADS+ 

On certain weapons, LT activates “Aim Down Sights Plus”.  In addition to centering the weapon model and providing a minor increase in view magnification, ADS+ also toggles the weapon into its alternate firemode.  

The Assault Carbine automatically fires bullets with RT, like an assault rifle.  Holding LT aims down sights and toggles the weapon into Railgun mode.  While aiming down sights, RT charges then fires the Assault Carbine’s integrated Railgun.  

The Plasma Pistol semi automatically fires plasma bolts with RT.  Holding LT aims down sights and toggles the weapon into Overcharge mode.  While aiming down sights, holding then releasing RT charges then fires an overcharged shot.  

The Boltshot semi automatically fires projectiles with RT.  Holding LT aims down sights and toggles the weapon into Single Shot mode.  While aiming down sights, RT charges then fires a lethal-headshot projectile.  

The Gravity Bow charges then automatically fires knockback projectiles with RT.  Holding LT aims down sights and toggles the weapon into Vortex mode.  While aiming down sights, RT fires a projectile that creates a gravity vortex on impact, tossing stuff around.  

The visual difference in Hipfire and ADS weapon models indicates what firemode the weapon is in.  In addition, setting ADS as a prequisite to Alt Fire allows players to be “descoped” before a shot can be charged and fired.  

Charging the Plasma Pistol obstructs the user’s view, now that the weapon is held in the center of the screen.  This is meant to discourage the continuous holding of a charged shot.  

How do you feel about locking Alt Fire behind an ADS wall?  Good balancing factor for the powerful alt fire projectiles or unnecessary irritant the makes alt fire useless?  

How do you feel about a charging plasma pistol obscuring the center of your screen?  Tastefully nudging players toward the correct playstyle or H3 flare levels of stupid?  

3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

projectiles or unnecessary irritant the makes alt fire useless?  

Unnecessary and irritant. It seems to me we’re back to classic scoping in and not ads like h5 

Just now, Reamis25 said:

Unnecessary and irritant. It seems to me we’re back to classic scoping in and not ads like h5 

Should shooting someone who is charging a Plasma Pistol affect them in any way besides damaging them?  

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

Should shooting someone who is charging a Plasma Pistol affect them in any way besides damaging them?  

I mean walking around with charged pistol is kinda lame so yeah I quess.  But I don't think anyone would try to charge plasma pistol while someone is shooting at him. 

18 minutes ago, Boyo said:

No absolutely not. Nothing is wrong with the way the PP has worked. 

Look having weapons that only fit certain niches isn’t as cut and dry. 
1. Niches are nice but having weapons that do damage and are there for variety sake isn’t a bad thing in halo. In fact many people enjoyed this part about h5. Many disliked it however when the Nerfs came and no one picking anything else up usually, the pistol was too good. I too this day think the auto Nerfs, an aim assist and range nerf to the BR is all that was necessary. Smg although was complete ass after the nerf. Probably as bad as h3 smg

1 hour ago, Hemlax said:

I mean walking around with charged pistol is kinda lame so yeah I quess.  But I don't think anyone would try to charge plasma pistol while someone is shooting at him. 

I think draining the battery while holding a charged shot is a lame way of regulating it.  With an ADS Plasma Pistol, a player would have to see a target, charge a glowing ball in front of his face, then blind fire, using his red reticle to determine if he is aiming the right way.  It would give players the opportunity to miss, on a projectile that otherwise homes in on its target.  

4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I think draining the battery while holding a charged shot is a lame way of regulating it.  With an ADS Plasma Pistol, a player would have to see a target, charge a glowing ball in front of his face, then blind fire, using his red reticle to determine if he is aiming the right way.  It would give players the opportunity to miss, on a projectile that otherwise homes in on its target.  

Dude the PP needs that homing or it becomes absolutely useless like it’s h3,reach and 4 counter parts. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Dude the PP needs that homing or it becomes absolutely useless like it’s h3,reach and 4 counter parts. 

I’m not suggesting the homing be removed.  I’m saying that in order to earn a homing, Overshield-destroying projectile, you should have to blind fire it, relying on your red reticle to get a hit.