CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Has anyone watched QuakeCon 2016 game 2 of Rapha vs Evil on Elder? 

@15:02

It's probably the best eSports match I'll ever watch. I do not exaggerate. 

I hope someday I see something like this from Halo.

• Like (+1) 5

I wish halo and every game with MP had an option of solo only. Even duos can be a significant game changer in how balanced a match is. Lol h5 apparently had a solo arena playlist which they made it so teams of 2 can search and it’s a game changer tbh. It’s just it’s never fun to match parties of any capacity while solo. Remember how in warZone no one would spawn REQs out of fear of dying 

Is Destiny fun as a solo player? Always wanted to get into it

Some of the H4 DLC maps were somewhat decent. Perdition, Skyline, Daybreak. They had a character, looked more like something Bungie would do if nothing else.

They were not made by 343 though if I am not mistaken.

1 hour ago, TeeJaY said:

I played religiously solo for 6 years straight, but some recent decision making from Bungie has made me walk away, possibly permanently. I cannot in good conscience recommend Destiny to anyone anymore. That's a nutshell way of putting it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hemlax said:

Some of the H4 DLC maps were somewhat decent. Perdition, Skyline, Daybreak. They had a character, looked more like something Bungie would do if nothing else.

They were not made by 343 though if I am not mistaken.

Indeed you are correct. 

https://www.certainaffinity.com/games/halo/

2 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

No clue don’t play it but from the MP experiences I’ve had it’s ok 

4 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

No not at all. It's fun if you have a dedicated group of friends to play with. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Hemlax said:

There were a lot of custom pieces on Mercy, but again, they were just part of the scenery, not the actual map flow. Still I wish they did more maps like Mercy where, if nothing else, the theme was very visually unique, had a "story" behind it if you wish. 

What you described is almost like building map in forge. That is very sad. By the look of the 343 maps though, I am not surprised.

Yeah Mercy actually looks pretty good because it was already an existing map that CA made lol they just remade it. They could probably remake anything that has a precedent, Guardian Midship whatever. The problem is the way they're designing their own maps. 

Also forge is way better than building using a kitbecause you don't kitbash or rotate with a kit. Think of it like it's Minecraft, that's how most studios build their maps. Forge is actually closer to what the proper map production SHOULD look like. Art team should make a bunch of random cool assets that LDs can kitbash and rotate as they please. Art team comes in again after and makes the specialty pieces that are map specific and need some extra love. Like the giant hanging thing over top mid on Guardian. Definitely custom. But basically everything in every H3 map is custom and doesn't exist anywhere else in the game so that's honestly a ridiculously high quality bar. 

• Like (+1) 5

Since Custom Edition is the only rendition of Halo MP that can actually run on my PC, I decided to try it out. Hopped into some awful ping 8-player FFA lobby on Derelict and Rat Race. 

Finally, I understand the complaints about aim assist on controllers. KBM has a theoretically higher skill ceiling than controllers, but it is practically impossible for an average KBM player to outshoot an average controller player. Especially with a projectile single shot utility with no magnetism. 

It really is difficult to get even a 7-8SK when your opponent strafes half-competently. 

Hopefully it's one of the things thaf Sprintfinite does take into consideration, or else streamers are gonna turn the game into a laughingstock again. 

8 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

No clue don’t play it but from the MP experiences I’ve had it’s ok 

The multiplayer is more "Press F to win" nonsense.  I played Overwatch last night, which suffers from the same problem, and it took me maybe 3 games to remember "oh this is why i always stop playing this game".  

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Since Custom Edition is the only rendition of Halo MP that can actually run on my PC, I decided to try it out. Hopped into some awful ping 8-player FFA lobby on Derelict and Rat Race. 

Finally, I understand the complaints about aim assist on controllers. KBM has a theoretically higher skill ceiling than controllers, but it is practically impossible for an average KBM player to outshoot an average controller player. Especially with a projectile single shot utility with no magnetism. 

It really is difficult to get even a 7-8SK when your opponent strafes half-competently. 

Hopefully it's one of the things thaf Sprintfinite does take into consideration, or else streamers are gonna turn the game into a laughingstock again. 

Input based matchmaking solves all of these problems.  Its gotta be there day 1.

7 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

No not at all. It's fun if you have a dedicated group of friends to play with. 

This. You need at least 2 friends to play with regularly 

On 8/15/2020 at 8:48 AM, S0UL FLAME said:

I'd rather have Toys for Bob make a Halo rather than 343 or Bungie. They're responsible for the Crash and Spyro trilogy remakes, and the upcoming new Crash. The new Crash holds onto the original formula and improves upon it, along with giving it extensions of itself that don't hinder the original formula.

I'd like that for Halo.

I mean, sure... If you don't mind everyone's eyes suddenly being 5 inches apart in a land of pastel colors.

1 minute ago, PolyG said:

I mean, sure... If you don't mind everyone's eyes suddenly being 5 inches apart in a land of pastel colors.

oh come on dude, their job is to recreate that artstyle. just like 343s job was to recreate bungies universe and failed.

6 minutes ago, znot said:

oh come on dude, their job is to recreate that artstyle. just like 343s job was to recreate bungies universe and failed.

I think they did a great job with Spyro's look, at least before they had to start outsourcing some models. It's definitely got that watercolored, more pastel look, but Crash was NOT the same thing and they don't seem to have switched gears all that well imo.

42 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I did it. I finally got caught up. At one point I’m pretty sure I was 100 pages behind.

@MultiLockOn your hitscan/projectile post is my favorite post I’ve read in years.

Haha thanks,  miss you man. Let's play soon. 

• Like (+1) 1

I haven't thought about this in like 3 years... but why was there a delay when meleeing in mid-air in Halo 5?

Just now, NavG123 said:

I haven't thought about this in like 3 years... but why was there a delay when meleeing in mid-air in Halo 5?

game checking for ground pound probably

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

"It's a risk/reward thing"  - some H5 guy

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, TeeJaY said:

"It's a risk/reward thing"  - some H5 guy

This comment just took me back... During the H5 beta someone argued that the excessively bright energy sword was meant to serve as a check to its longer range when zoomed in. The Halo community has exposed me to its fair share of dumbassery.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Halo 5 wanted to be the fastest Halo game but also have the most delays. You have to understand.

17 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Ground Pound. I believe that delay went away when it was disabled.