CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

Regardless, they would not have let me build maps in the way I wanted to build them. I wouldn't be able to actually make a difference there. 

What do you mean by this exactly I’m curious? Your forge maps in h5 were in every sense of the word Amazing. Would you not have been able to make maps like those 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

Huge news for the Halo Infinite campaign.

This would have been huge if he had been there since the beginning. What can he really do to almost "finished" project.  It's more like desperate move.

• Like (+1) 2

Bad news for MCC: 

Pierre Hintze, the Head of our Publishing Team (MCC), will be joining the Halo Infinite team as a project lead for our Free-To-Play experience. He and his team have demonstrated an amazing ability to deliver new content, an excellent flighting program, and substantive updates across MCC over the past year. We look forward to having his expertise directly on the Halo Infinite team as we look to deliver a quality Free-To-Play multiplayer experience for everyone.

Source.

The head of the MCC rework for PC is heading over to Infinite. Sucks as he is obviously doing good work.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Bad news for MCC: 

Pierre Hintze, the Head of our Publishing Team (MCC), will be joining the Halo Infinite team as a project lead for our Free-To-Play experience. He and his team have demonstrated an amazing ability to deliver new content, an excellent flighting program, and substantive updates across MCC over the past year. We look forward to having his expertise directly on the Halo Infinite team as we look to deliver a quality Free-To-Play multiplayer experience for everyone.

Source.

The head of the MCC rework for PC is heading over to Infinite. Sucks as he is obviously doing good work.

Probably because at this point, the process of bringing MCC over to PC is mostly complete. If I had to guess, 343 probably intends to support MCC for years to come with occasional patches that slowly but surely stamp out most of the remaining bugs.

42 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Bad news for MCC: 

Source.

this is good for infinite but holy shit this is so late to be doing this stuff. its like development has only just started

1 hour ago, TI Inspire said:

Probably because at this point, the process of bringing MCC over to PC is mostly complete. If I had to guess, 343 probably intends to support MCC for years to come with occasional patches that slowly but surely stamp out most of the remaining bugs.

ODST is right around the corner, and 4 is likely not very far off either. But it's really bad news for anything beyond a basic compilation of the mainline games. Proper mod support, server browser, etc. are likely to be put on the backburner. They even got rid of an article talking about Halo's history with modding.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Sitri said:

They even got rid of an article talking about Halo's history with modding.

No mention of Unity?  How disrespectful.  

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

No mention of Unity?  How disrespectful.  

343 fears the negative recoil BR.

20 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

I know I gush about Bungie all the time here, I know I know,  but..

the_sunless_cell.jpg

To you guys that picture probably doesn't mean much but every time I see it I think about how some artist sculpted that bridge, exactly for that spot and nowhere else.  It's purpose built.  And it looks awesome because of it.

kevin-whitmeyer-kwhitmey-garden-d.jpg?15

All custom baby.

Alright I'm done venting about Destiny lmao.  The first multiplayer footage we see of infinite take a look at the maps.  You'll be able to spot if they're made using generic kits pretty quickly.

There were a lot of custom pieces on Mercy, but again, they were just part of the scenery, not the actual map flow. Still I wish they did more maps like Mercy where, if nothing else, the theme was very visually unique, had a "story" behind it if you wish. 

What you described is almost like building map in forge. That is very sad. By the look of the 343 maps though, I am not surprised.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Would h4 be a decent game if it had Descope? I like to think it would be. 

Perhaps but making a good Halo game isn’t hard, just stop piling bullshit mechanics on to a winning formula.  Making a great Halo game is hard; adding, removing, and refining the correct elements in order to accentuate the correct core values.  

• Like (+1) 1

343 consistently have made the worst Halo maps in the series. Consistently.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Making a good Halo game is easy because we've already had a good Halo game and a few OK ones. 

It's convincing a developer who's 0-3 for decent Halo games that's hard. 

Even with descope, every aspect of H4 just sucks too much to be salvageable (like Reach). 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TI Inspire said:

It would be worse then that I’m pretty sure they’ve stated it will have a “sustain” team when Infinite launches and all we have to do is look at the H5 “sustain” team all it does is playlist updates there won’t be anymore actual game updates after Infinite launches.

17 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

343 consistently have made the worst Halo maps in the series. Consistently.

They honestly have. I’ve never heard of anyone bring up a map from h4 or 5 when it comes to their top favorites. Although many praise h4 BTB maps which I will agree with are very good. 

4 minutes ago, thdyingbreed said:

It would be worse then that I’m pretty sure they’ve stated it will have a “sustain” team when Infinite launches and all we have to do is look at the H5 “sustain” team all it does is playlist updates there won’t be anymore actual game updates after Infinite launches.

We’re you expecting new maps or something? 

7 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

They honestly have. I’ve never heard of anyone bring up a map from h4 or 5 when it comes to their top favorites. Although many praise h4 BTB maps which I will agree with are very good. 

I honestly can't remember the names of a single one except Exile. There was a Certain Affinity one that I liked aesthetically but can't remember how it played.

Edit: Daybreak. I liked it's aesthetics.

But overall 343 can't make maps for shit. There isn't even an area on one of their maps I remember. Colossus is the only map that came close to being ok and it was still shit.

6 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

But overall 343 can't make maps for shit. There isn't even an area on one of their maps I remember.

It’s because of their design style.  The player used to be more of a vessel for the maps and sandbox to channel through.  343 has got it in their heads that the player needs to have all these inherent doodads to be interesting.  They’re the epitome of working harder, not smarter.  

10 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Bad news for MCC: 

Source.

He was heading that up for over 2 years, so hopefully at this point they have a more junior member of the MCC team that can take over in that regard.

9 hours ago, Craneteam said:

this is good for infinite but holy shit this is so late to be doing this stuff. its like development has only just started

I said this before but i bet this next year+ is going to be one long hardening exercise.  minimal new shit.  Finish what features can be finished by the end of the year. then spend essentially all of next year squashing bugs, improving textures, performance testing, and getting their tools up to snuff so they can actually be responsive with support after the game ships. Maybe they're so far behind they can't even afford to do that, but one thing is for sure:  With the delay and all the shitty PR, when the game comes out it better be beautiful and stable as fuck.