CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

23 minutes ago, Obnokshus said:

Halo has been irrelevant for over 8 years. 

Why is the older brother from Home Improvement your avatar?  

1 hour ago, Basu said:

I kinda can't believe Microsoft would be too cheap to pay UE4 fees and would prefer a 6+ year gap between Halo games, the loss of revenue has to be massive especially given that will likely be another shitstain entry in the franchise and won't blow people away and bring the hype back like everyone expected Infinite to do. 

exactly, they already did it for gears multiple times... like a lot

What costs more money: Having inferior tools and incompetent leadership that doubles the usual release cycle, Or having excellent tools and competent leadership and releasing games on time?

I do think a large part of this is the shitty tools they have to use, if those glassdoor reviews are to be believed.  The faster you fail, the shorter the feedback loop, the better.  If it takes 3 weeks to prototype something and test it out to figure out it sucks instead of 1 week, you're efficiency is toast. you literally cannot get as much work done because the feedback loop is so damn long.

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Why is the older brother from Home Improvement your avatar?  

My avatar is a crop of some shitty meme I viewed back when I made my account. I felt it accurately reflected my views on the state of Halo at the time.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Sitri said:

Staten is a writer, he's not fixing the reason anyone here plays the game.

Anyone here is going to play the campaign.  If the campaign story sucks, maybe he will at least improve that. Hopefully.   

6 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Anyone here is going to play the campaign.  If the campaign story sucks, maybe he will at least improve that. Hopefully.   

I only play the campaign for achievements and so i don't break my streak of beating every game on legendary.  Lots of people don't play it at all. I was very close to one of those people with Halo 5, right after the 5 minute "level" where you have to talk to 3 people.  The one that was clearly supposed to lead to some sort of side quest thing that they had to cut out.

4 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

I only play the campaign for achievements and so i don't break my streak of beating every game on legendary.  Lots of people don't play it at all. I was very close to one of those people with Halo 5, right after the 5 minute "level" where you have to talk to 3 people.  The one that was clearly supposed to lead to some sort of side quest thing that they had to cut out.

Exactly.  Most people here are going to play it.  Maybe this writer will help it not be such a shit show like you described above. If 343 couldn't even handle a linear campaign like Halo 5, how TF are they gonna get a good story out of a semi-open world game? 

7 hours ago, Shekkles said:

They're not hiding that Slipspace is modified Blam! They explained that's it's an improved Halo 5 engine

Are they? Cuz frankie said it not an iteration of blam and that its all new.

5 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

He said the same thing about Halo 5.  

• Like (+1) 4

I don't know what gave you guys the idea that they were ever planning to use UE4 for Halo but I feel like someone read 1 random anonymous report about it and now it's accepted. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

I don't know what gave you guys the idea that they were ever planning to use UE4 for Halo but I feel like someone read 1 random anonymous report about it and now it's accepted. 

Do you feel like you dodged a bullet?  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

@S0UL FLAME

8 hours ago, Sitri said:

Staten is a writer, he's not fixing the reason anyone here plays the game.

Well, as time goes on. I've started to recognize the garbage elements of every Halo game, and have realized that it was just as much the tone/story/art as the sandbox that made it such an impactful game. If Halo 5 were written like Halo 2 I would probably love it, because both games are kinda trash to play tbh

Marty and Joe back at it would be the two most sure-fire ways to improve the game dramatically, and then all you need is a designer who doesn't put bloom in and there you go it's halo again baby

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Xandrith said:

Well, as time goes on. I've started to recognize the garbage elements of every Halo game, and have realized that it was just as much the tone/story/art as the sandbox that made it such an impactful game. If Halo 5 were written like Halo 2 I would probably love it, because both games are kinda trash to play tbh

Marty and Joe back at it would be the two most sure-fire ways to improve the game dramatically, and then all you need is a designer who doesn't put bloom in and there you go it's halo again baby

no bloom

no sprint

no melee lunge

no slow base movement speed

no radar

no spartain abilities OR STUPID EQUIPMENT

no slide

no grapple

no giant hit markers

no bad aiming system

no strafe smearing

no br spread

no spartan chatter

no over complicated map geometries

no fear to use projectile and shot leading

no ear bleeding sound effects

no sprint

no sprint

no sprint

no sprint

no sprint

no 343

Then 

halo again baby

• Like (+1) 1

I doubt that Staten will have any major impact on the game outside of (maybe) some writing. 

Never say you want Bungie back, these are the same people who gave you H3 and Reach

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

I don't know what gave you guys the idea that they were ever planning to use UE4 

That would be my post.

While I won't mention any names, I will say that there have been several people over the course of three years who've told and texted me info about Halo Infinite. One particular person claimed that for the first two years of development of Halo Infinite (Halo 6 was its name in the studio at the time) that there was work being done using Unreal Engine 4. Said person also claimed that Microsoft had halted production in the means of wanting 343 to switch back, and to improve on, the Blam engine. This would've been a plan to save money and to give Microsoft their own "Does it all" engine they could show off, and the first look of it would be on the original Xbox flagship title, Halo.

But, as we all know, 343 could not deliver.

This person seemed legit to me when I was texted by them in 2019, and it seemed to explain why the game was taking so long. After the reveal, backlash, and delay to 2021 (or even 2022 lol) I believe what they said even more. If it turns out what they shared is a lie, I take full responsibility for sharing it. As for the rest of the info I gave, I won't apologize for sharing, because it's true.

• Like (+1) 6

Let’s take into account halo infinite doesn’t have bloom, from the guns we’ve seen no accuracy penalty was present. 
I would like it if infinite went projectile. 

52 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

no spartain abilities OR STUPID EQUIPMENT

Stop looking at Equipment as Halo 3’s crappy deployables and start looking at it as a button that can do anything you want.  Waterworks had stalactites that could be shot off the ceiling.  A similar map could have a piece of equipment that activates a seismic charge, causing all stalactites to drop at once.  

13 minutes ago, Boyo said:

A similar map could have a piece of equipment that activates a seismic charge, causing all stalactites to drop at once.  

Your examples sometimes make me feel really uneasy.

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

He said the same thing about Halo 5.  

Oh I remember. 

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I doubt that Staten will have any major impact on the game outside of (maybe) some writing. 

Never say you want Bungie back, these are the same people who gave you H3 and Reach

That makes it easy then. Give me bungie back lmao. Default Reach isn't any worse than the things 343 has done to me and neither is Destiny. 343 games are dog. Bungie still produces fun and enjoyable games on some level and always has even if I don't totally agree with the things they do but 343 is unfortunately just tiers below them. From gameplay to visuals to just writing they somehow manage to just not be as good. They're newer and maybe less talented so its not their fault completely but 343 is like buying RC cola

I kinda hate giving bungie props because they generally come off as pretty conceited but they're definitely on another level and devs like 343 can't see them

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

It's the wording, they always say "improvements". I mean it's basically ship of theseus now anyway.

2 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

This would've been a plan to save money and to give Microsoft their own "Does it all" engine they could show off, and the first look of it would be on the original Xbox flagship title, Halo.

I 100% believe this is the case, otherwise they wouldn't have given the engine a name. I predicted this earlier:

On 1/17/2020 at 7:42 AM, Shekkles said:

I still believe Slipspace will be "Microsofts" engine. So Gears of War will be moved to it, Fable 4 and Halo. Like Frostbite for EA. 

4 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

We've literally known the name of engine they're using since the 2018 reveal so I'm not sure how this was able to spread.

EDIT: God it took 3 years just for this game to get ANNOUNCED

There's reports of the contractor situation coming out now. It aint pretty.

3 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

There's reports of the contractor situation coming out now. It aint pretty.

👀