CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I don't know why they're so intent on releasing it for Xbox One. I can understand wanting to have a strong ecosystem that includes many people but they immediately ended all future potential for a move like this when the original xbox was built on shit tier hardware even when it was brand new. The xbox one is a ball and chain for any developer looking to create something to last for a decade beginning next year. It was limiting in 2013 but to call it that in 2020 would be the understatement of the decade 

Dudes need to immediately drop support for everything that isn't PC and the latest Xbox hardware if they would like to be relevant in 2031. It probably sounded good before they hit whatever godforsaken 6 or 7 year dev cycle they're actually about to accomplish. Supporting something that would've lasted until 2025-2027 sounds more reasonable at least the Xbox Series X would still probably be the flagship then but lol they're talking about supporting what would be the equivalent of the OG Xbox towards the end of that 10 year cycle now. Its not super unlikely that the entire xbox divison of Microsoft would've been shutdown by then

• Fire (+1) 1

This game is a complete dumpster fire. Everyone thought that infinite just had graphics issues but this hire pretty much confirms that graphics are the least of the games issues. Just cancel this crap and start over. This is just embarrassing. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

I'm glad that they've delayed the game, but these people still put out that awful trailer and thought it was okay. Complete with Sprint and grapple hook, after 5 years of waiting.

I've yet to see anything that inspires confidence in them releasing a better product given the extra time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Hooked 2

29 minutes ago, PolyG said:

I'm glad that they've delayed the game, but these people still put out that awful trailer and thought it was okay. Complete with Sprint and grapple hook, after 5 years of waiting.

I've yet to see anything that inspires confidence in them releasing a better product given the extra time.

lmao a trailer built entirely from e3 gameplay level AHAHAHAHAHA did they really think... i cant

That trailer wasn’t intended to be a gameplay reveal. It was a cry for help from devs that knew this shit was a dumpster fire...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 8/25/2020 at 12:43 AM, HeX Reapers said:

Nope. 60+ on BO3, Doom 2016, Champions, MCC, any Vale title, Skyrim, Fallout 4, DS3, Siege, any of the new Wolfensteins, UT4, etc. All I'm running is a GTX 1070 with an i5 6600 and 16 gigs of ram. And even if settings are on say high rather than max it's still way better than anything I've played on console.

Oh, okay, well those are newer specs than you listed because the 1070 didn't come out until 2016

• Thonking (+0) 1

Staten coming in is probably a good thing, just half a decade too late. 

I can't help but imagine the Halo 4 ending scene with Chief walking into the Spartan IV facility. That's how I picture Joe walking into 343 headquarters. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Joseph Staten has been creative director at MS since 2014. He probably did his best to stay as far away from Halo as possible. 

Then MS hit him up and was like, "Okay man, I know you wouldn't touch Halo with a ten foot pole. But these dudes at 343 have absolutely no idea what they're doing. Go in there, lay down the law, and help complete this shit-show." 

• Like (+1) 5

Guys I just realised that this video 343 released in 2018, this was probably when they started Halo: Infinite. Everything about it says "this is the game we have only just started making".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Guys I just realised that this video 343 released in 2018, this was probably when they started Halo: Infinite. Everything about it says "this is the game we have only just started making".

This would be right around when they stopped using Unreal Engine 4 / a little after based off what soul has said

Where did this unreal 4 thing come from? I dont believe for a second that they built a brand new engine so it wouldn't surprise me.

10 hours ago, Killmachine said:

Here we go

this reads as full overhaul. 2022 is sounding more likely

3 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Where did this unreal 4 thing come from? I dont believe for a second that they built a brand new engine so it wouldn't surprise me.

the creaded a new engine called slipspace

it's meant to "convey moving emotional performances with truly organic, believable fidelity for a AAA cinematic look."

https://mspoweruser.com/343-architect-claims-halo-infinite-slipspace-engine-is-the-most-cutting-edge-engine-on-the-planet/

:mj:

They're not hiding that Slipspace is modified Blam! They explained that's it's an improved Halo 5 engine

10 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Yeah, this isn't a 3-4 month delay if they've dragged Staten onto the project. We aren't getting Infinite until Late Q3 2021 are we?

At the earliest.  This sounds like a "3rd times the charm... " situation.  Like they're restarting development again.

Where i work we have a "hardening sprint" before we create the build for the next release for stress testing and bug squashing.  I would not be at all surprised if the next year basically serves as a "hardening year" where its primarily improvement of existing elements and stabilizing the engine with very little new feature work.

Staten is a writer, he's not fixing the reason anyone here plays the game.

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Sitri said:

Staten is a writer, he's not fixing the reason anyone here plays the game.

Staten is a manager now. These additions probably have no effect on gameplay or story and are purely to manage teams through the release of the game. He said it himself in his tweet. He is there to help ship the game and empower the team.

It's not a good sign at all, even for the campaign, as it just highlights current mismanagement and probably puts the release date later in 2021.

• Like (+1) 4

So how far is Halo going to slip into irrelevancy by the time we get a decent looking trailer? I would be shocked if this game turned a profit honestly. 

Apparently they have moved  Pierre Hintze to helm multiplayer.  He's the guy they brought in in 2018 to manage fixing MCC, so we might be getting beta's after all.

I kinda can't believe Microsoft would be too cheap to pay UE4 fees and would prefer a 6+ year gap between Halo games, the loss of revenue has to be massive especially given that will likely be another shitstain entry in the franchise and won't blow people away and bring the hype back like everyone expected Infinite to do. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have been of the track about the events the last weeks but I have to beat the dead horse one more time. When you think that 343 can´t shake your perception about reality anymore they do this.

Remember it was ONLY 1 MONTH ago they had the press release and demo; filled with how awesome everything was with Infinity:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/campaign-evolved

And this a week later:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/infinite-inquiries

I can´t believe that the management is so incredible disconnected. Something must be extremely wrong if they show the demo, and then postpone the release "after the feedback" 3 weeks later. It was of course planned from the beginning. The same thing as with MCC, they knew. If not, that is even worse news for Halos future.

And now Staten will "supporting the talented and creative leaders", according to Waypoint. Well, good luck Mr. Staten. I am a big fan of your work.

• Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

So how far is Halo going to slip into irrelevancy by the time we get a decent looking trailer? I would be shocked if this game turned a profit honestly. 

Halo has been irrelevant for over 8 years. 

• Like (+1) 3