CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Bro, you literally posted this on Monday:

7hPaPWs.png

I meant the gamepass system itself. How it’s basically Netflix for games. I wish steam was like that.  My problem with game pass however is the average game on there is old, something that got bad reviews or a game that I don’t personally think was awful but it’s popularity wasn’t strong. We usually don’t see the games everyone knows and loves on there. A new game will be published on steam and a day’s or a few weeks later already an amazing deal where on console still going for 50-60$

7 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

My problem with game pass however is the average game on there is old, something that got bad reviews or a game that I don’t personally think was awful but it’s popularity wasn’t strong. 

If you play 3 AAA titles on Game Pass in a year it has already paid for itself.

Add in the massive existing library plus future library and... Well...

• Like (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

hard agree. game pass is full of shitty games like rdr2, the surge 2, outer wilds, outer worlds, pillars of eternity, arkham knight, age of empires, hellblade

lol took me a second to realize you were being sarcastic oye

14 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

If you play 3 AAA titles on Game Pass in a year it has already paid for itself.

Add in the massive existing library plus future library and... Well...

Instant access to Microsoft exclusives when they're still full priced games. I played The Witcher, Darksiders and A Plague Tale all in the past month-ish alone.  Also started a couple games that I know are "good" and otherwise might have paid full price for, realized they weren't specifically my jam and didn't end up wasting money on them.  Notably Hellblade and Dishonored.  Though the problem with dishonored was i couldn't get past the horrific aiming in that game on controller.  I might try it again on PC.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Craneteam said:

hard agree. game pass is full of shitty games like rdr2, the surge 2, outer wilds, outer worlds, pillars of eternity, arkham knight, age of empires, hellblade

I reeled back only after I saw PoE, you really had me there.

Something that might be cool is a HUD addition that allows you to see how many on your/the opposing team are dead at any given moment. I hate having to check the scoreboard and lock myself out of action, especially in obj. Shit makes me anxious. 

25 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Something that might be cool is a HUD addition that allows you to see how many on your/the opposing team are dead at any given moment. I hate having to check the scoreboard and lock myself out of action, especially in obj. Shit makes me anxious. 

It’s a risk/reward mechanic.  

6 hours ago, Craneteam said:

When did it get RDR2? Arkham knight is old I’ve played all of them before GP. Who wants to play an RTS like AOE on console, it’s still the fact most games are old AF or trash. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

I believe I posted this before but dont remember all the responses

c5a7395164ee1e01c47c5fa970210bf8.gif

cd930117ba24e200a425beb2e71556a6.gif

TL;DW: Underhand nades, running faster with smaller weaps equiped (weapons smaller than primarys or power weaps), a visual icon on the map so ppl with no mics can callout.

vid goes more in depth obviously. Roast me again

• Like (+1) 1

Another way of saying you move faster with a pistol is you move slower with a power weapon.  You shouldn’t be punished for picking up a power weapon.  

As for underhand nades and marking locations with a waypoint, what buttons would these actions be mapped to?  

• Like (+1) 8

18 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Another way of saying you move faster with a pistol is you move slower with a power weapon.  You shouldn’t be punished for picking up a power weapon.  

As for underhand nades and marking locations with a waypoint, what buttons would these actions be mapped to?  

fair point but that's not how it works. you run the same speed with power weapons and primarys. the ONLY weapons that make you move faster is small tiny weapons like pistol, plasma pistol, mauler, plasma rifle maybe and needler. the rest is ALL normal speed. Rockets run as fast as BR/dmr.

And were only talking 10% say default 100% speed to MLG  110% speed with a pistol. Maybe 5% is better?

the underhand nade is hard cause I don't really know what I could map it too, but as for the waypoint. you could probably double tab the back button (scoreboard) and that would pop the waypoint on the map. underhand nade is hard because if I come up with a button layout on one configuration it could hinder the others. Being able to aim and nade at the same time wont be possible on all layouts.

but for underhand nades I would say "hold down on dpad+left trigger" it actually feels good in my hand. Like I could do an underhand nade instead of looking down and now Im in a better situation to kill him and catch him off guard cause it doesnt bounce as much. New META lol, honestly feel if CSGO can get away with it we can too. We both had the same nading system until they introduced the underhand

Do you think the ability to deliver short range nades devalues melee?  

11 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Do you think the ability to deliver short range nades devalues melee?  

hell no I would just drop a nade and melee. Odds are im right behind the corner dropping that nade under his feet anyway, bop and drop. no wait, drop and bop.

Currently picturing this underhand nade scenario on construct. Usually at the top purple lifts. Always underhand nading the doorway either to lobby or street. would probably work better on lobby kids as you have to wall the hide behind.

Without an underhand nade mechanic, players need to use the map’s geometry in order to achieve the same effect.  This requires more awareness and skill.  Simply hitting a button to drop a nade at your feet undermines this skill.  

In addition, causing a nade to come to rest in front of you often requires you to look away from where you want the nade to land because you need to bounce it off something.  This creates a risk reward scenario where you can get popped in the moment you are looking away.  

The Power Drain is a piece of equipment that is deployed in a similar manner to underhand nades.  Instead of dedicating multiple buttons to throwing frags, do you think a better use of controller real estate would be to use that button to deploy a unique item, like power drain?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Without an underhand nade mechanic, players need to use the map’s geometry in order to achieve the same effect.  This requires more awareness and skill.  Simply hitting a button to drop a nade at your feet undermines this skill.  

In addition, causing a nade to come to rest in front of you often requires you to look away from where you want the nade to land because you need to bounce it off something.  This creates a risk reward scenario where you can get popped in the moment you are looking away.  

The Power Drain is a piece of equipment that is deployed in a similar manner to underhand nades.  Instead of dedicating multiple buttons to throwing frags, do you think a better use of controller real estate would be to use that button to deploy a unique item, like power drain?  

I was thinking the same thing but knowing infinite those will be taken up by sprint and the pickups. Sprint and grapple aren't the same button are they? there's the problem. Sprint is probably dedicated to A and X is probably limited to the pickups. I dont think a nade underhand would count as a pickup so it would require the multiple buttons.

And I agree with the geometry point. see this is why we bounce ideas off eachother. I can't think of any other reasonable scenario that underhand nade really makes it more skillful. What about waypoints tho? lol

I believe the best way to handle creating waypoints is through a piece of equipment.  This gives map/gametype designers the ability to give it to everyone, no one, or anything in between.  

Combine this with a button on the d pad to cycle through the player’s equipment inventory and the Spotting Scope can be a spawn ability that is overridden when a more powerful piece of equipment is picked up off the map...while still allowing the player to switch back to the Spotting Scope.  

The same concept could be applied to 343’s grappling hook.  It is spawn equipment that can be over ridden by an equipment pick up.  

Certain Affinity helping out with infinite. Get ready for awful maps and terrible multiplayer.

• WutFace (+0) 1

The XB1 version needs to be dropped as quickly as possible. 

This game's supposed to be the only Halo for nearly a decade. The fact that a game supposed to be holding it's population and receiving new content as far as 2029 will be running on the antiquated XB1 hardware is incredibly worrying. 

Whatever playerbase they're sacrificing by dropping the XB1 version is well worth the extra breathing room and potential they allow themselves on the development side of things. 

• Like (+1) 2

Going to be totally honest here; I didn't even know this game was going to be released on the XB1 until they delayed it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

I think a big component of all this is the new Halo TV series that is airing on Showtime.  I’m guessing they want to drop a game that can last many years alongside a show that can hopefully last many years as well.  

4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I think a big component of all this is the new Halo TV series that is airing on Showtime.  I’m guessing they want to drop a game that can last many years alongside a show that can hopefully last many years as well.  

I hope Cortana is hot 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 2

Yeah, this isn't a 3-4 month delay if they've dragged Staten onto the project. We aren't getting Infinite until Late Q3 2021 are we?

• Like (+1) 5