CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

31 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

I hope you have a good TV that has variable refresh rate and is true 120 Hz.  You really don't know what you are missing if you are gaming on a TV that is stuck at 60 Hz with horrendous input lag.  Seriously it is insane. Yesterday I played Ori and the Will of the Wisps on my living room TV 70".  It looked beautiful and was nice to sit on a comfy couch.  But later in the evening I picked up where i left off on my PC with a ultrawide 120 hz monitor and that experience was NIGHT AND DAY better.  Seriously.  I am glad a lot of the new TVs are starting to support true 120 hz and variable refresh rates. Even still, sometimes I think TVs are just too big and you sit too far from them to actually get a good gaming experience with them.  Even if it does have VRR and 120hz.   TV is great for casual gaming but I would not want to play Halo on a TV.  BIG YUCK  

I say big YUCK because I have both Xbox One X on a 70" TV and a high end PC with 120hz ultrawide monitor and I literally cant stand to PLAY MCC on the console TV now.  It is so so so so much worse.  Even campaign is barely playable to me.  Almost makes me sick. 

I have a separate monitor that i currently use for gaming, i will probably be upgrading that to a 144 hz 1440p freesync 24 - 27" before i upgrade anything else, which you can get for less than $300 these days and will last for a decade.  My current one is from 2009.  imo a monitor is a better investment than almost anything else for me right now.  The features you get for prices higher than that are things like color accuracy (i play with totally inaccurate bright and high contrast colors anyway), height adjustment, 4k (which is frankly unnecessary on a screen that small.  1440p is fine), and HDR.   I don't think most people will even notice that shit past the first 10 minutes when they are gaming.  The great feeling you get from a good monitor is the input lag and VRR which again, you can get for less than $300.  VRR is really the only reason i'm looking to upgrade that this point.

For my setup that old ass but still good monitor lives behind the couch and i just pull it out and stick it on a TV tray when im ready for a sweaty sesh.  

12 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

1070 is a little long in tube as of now. I say that as a fellow user. Im probably gonna upgrade to the 2070s. Or whatever card I hear is releasing soon if it occupies the same $400-500 price range.

If you’re considering a 2070 SUPER, I would recommend just waiting for RTX 3000, which should be releasing within the next month or two. 3070 will be more powerful and power efficient than the 2080 Ti, and is rumored to be about the same price as the 2070S. Even the 3060 will be about as powerful as the 2080 Ti and around $400. 

Man things are really bad at 343. They’re possibly going to delay this to 2022. Never thought I’d see an FPS game delayed so much. This isn’t some open world mmo, or GTA style game. It’s a fucking FPS. Then you got the fan boy who says “tAkE aLl tHe tImE yOu nEEd” because they’re under the delusion a delay will make it better or complete. I honestly can’t believe it. This is obviously an incompetent problem, the developers over there must not know jack shit what they’re doing! This is beyond Textures and graphics! No 2 year delay tells me it’s a content problem, it’s a game breaking bugs problem. 

ok UNySHEK came out and debunked the 2022 rumor and Xbox one removal rumor. 

54 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Even the 3060 will be about as powerful as the 2080 Ti and around $400. 

This is about as likely as Halo Infinite launching this Christmas.

• Like (+1) 7

13 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

1070 is a little long in tube as of now. I say that as a fellow user. Im probably gonna upgrade to the 2070s. Or whatever card I hear is releasing soon if it occupies the same $400-500 price range.

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

If you’re considering a 2070 SUPER, I would recommend just waiting for RTX 3000, which should be releasing within the next month or two. 3070 will be more powerful and power efficient than the 2080 Ti, and is rumored to be about the same price as the 2070S. Even the 3060 will be about as powerful as the 2080 Ti and around $400. 

11 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Yeah that would be a monumental increase for a mid-range card. It'll be better to wait for sure, but don't expect to be hitting 2080 TI frames.

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Search up the leaked specs. Might be wrong about the 3060 but I can say with certainty that the 3070 will be a better card for roughly half the cost. 

This generation of cards is slated to be the biggest leap in performance between generations in some years. We’ll know for sure in a few weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Search up the leaked specs. Might be wrong about the 3060 but I can say with certainty that the 3070 will be a better card for roughly half the cost. 

This generation of cards is slated to be the biggest leap in performance between generations in some years. We’ll know for sure in a few weeks. 

The MSRP is not what you're going to be paying for that card. Demand drives up GPU prices like nothing else.

2 hours ago, darkstar said:

Yeah I remember seeing something about new cards coming out and making the 20 line pretty much obsolete.

53 minutes ago, darkstar said:

those 7nm gains.  

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

The MSRP is not what you're going to be paying for that card. Demand drives up GPU prices like nothing else.

Fair enough. I guess we’ll have to see. If AMD’s Big Navi is as good as its being hyped up to be, it’ll stir some competition in the GPU market, which only benefits the consumer. 

Inb4 crypto mining fuckwads eat up all the cards before I can get one.

• Like (+1) 2

I love a large range of PC exclusives, I used to work at a PC shop. My PC is turning 5 next year but when I built it I got top spec.

Next year I'll be buying a top spec PC again alongside a nice new monitor.

But the move from PC gamer to PC elitist is not one I intend to make. Insufferable bunch. Most people's hobbies they invest time and money into, they don't look down on people that don't. That'd be like me training for this triathlon and looking down on people that "just ride". They're not getting the full experience. They should just put more time in. They'll get more out of it. They should get a proper bike. Not a shit bike, a good bike. My $1000 bike is lighter and better than their $500 bike. They should invest. They should learn to build and repair a bike. The cowards.

Yeah sounds like a really swell guy.

Apparently people are supposed to be impressed when a $1000+ PC is better than a $500 console? Lol.

• Like (+1) 4

57 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I love a large range of PC exclusives, I used to work at a PC shop. My PC is turning 5 next year but when I built it I got top spec.

Next year I'll be buying a top spec PC again alongside a nice new monitor.

But the move from PC gamer to PC elitist is not one I intend to make. Insufferable bunch. Most people's hobbies they invest time and money into, they don't look down on people that don't. That'd be like me training for this triathlon and looking down on people that "just ride". They're not getting the full experience. They should just put more time in. They'll get more out of it. They should get a proper bike. Not a shit bike, a good bike. My $1000 bike is lighter and better than their $500 bike. They should invest. They should learn to build and repair a bike. The cowards.

Yeah sounds like a really swell guy.

Apparently people are supposed to be impressed when a $1000+ PC is better than a $500 console? Lol.

We pc gamers save more $$ on games. If you took a console gamer who’s bought 100 games and didn’t wait months to years to buy them and a pc gamer, we would of saved more $$. Steam and other launchers give us epic games for good deals and some of them are new, have amazing reviews. 

9 hours ago, Sitri said:

No sequel that introduces sprint can be #1.

I misread it as 1, 3, 2

17 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

3>1>2

Which franchise?

Oh wait I got another one

Pirates of the Caribbean 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

6 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

We pc gamers save more $$ on games. If you took a console gamer who’s bought 100 games and didn’t wait months to years to buy them and a pc gamer, we would of saved more $$. Steam and other launchers give us epic games for good deals and some of them are new, have amazing reviews. 

Game Pass (PC and/or Xbox) is the best value thing I have seen in years.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

The Legend of Zelda

I was confused for a second because I have effectively blocked The Adventure of Link out of my memory.  Don’t think I’ve ever even finished it.  

Promethean Vehicles 

The Unicycle isn’t a vehicle so much as it is a movement modifier.  The lone operator does not lower his weapon while driving; he can fire while moving forward and turning left and right.  With enough speed and the right angle, short range wall rides are possible.  

The Sidecar is a hovering platform similar to the Prophet’s gravity throne.  There are no on-board weapons.  Instead, the lone operator retains the use of his hand weapons.  The operator can elevate his firing platform, creating a makeshift sniper perch but doing so also disables vehicle movement.  

Although slow on its own, the Sidecar can latch onto another vehicle to receive a high-speed tow.  The ability to elevate is disabled while attached to another vehicle.  

The Scythe is a troop transport vehicle that doesn’t actually carry any troops.  The lone operator rides atop a hovering, crescent-shaped platform that projects a curved shield door downward.  Unlike the other Promethean vehicles, the Scythe operator mans a forward facing turret.  

Infantry independently move beneath the vehicle, taking advantage of the cover that the mobile shield wall provides.  Individual shield tiles can be temporarily disabled through damage but will eventually regenerate.  Turning the turret turns the entire vehicle, shield wall included.  

33 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Promethean 

This was your first mistake

:simms:

4 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Eh most games on it are old or ones barely anyone plays, or they got shit reviews. 

5 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I'm planning to spend $180 on three years of XBL Gold then transfer it all to Game Pass Ultimate at a 1:1 ratio. Three years of GPU for only $180 is a steal.