CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

9 minutes ago, Boyo said:

How do you feel about multiple hardware revisions within the same console generation?  Good because new games can look better or bad because new games are now optimized for hardware that not everyone has?  

Hate it. Don't mind slim models or different colors. But I hate the upgrades introduced this gen. I always liked the simplicity of consoles. My friends and I all get the same experience. If you jump in mid-generation you get things cheaper at the expense of experiencing things later.

Get out of here with the better experiences though for upgrading. The further division is one of the reasons I bought a PC since consoles started introducing the same stuff I didn't like about PC, which is funny since I just argued how frustrating I find PCs. Consoles definitely aren't as extreme, but I do find the gap annoying.

1 hour ago, Xandrith said:

Well that's not really a metric. You can play max settings on any system, but I highly doubt you're getting 60 fps with that system, in fact I can pretty much say for sure that you don't based on what you said here about the time period and money

Also gamepass is an incredible value, kind of insane if you play multiple games and consider the new games that will come out for it

Nope. 60+ on BO3, Doom 2016, Champions, MCC, any Vale title, Skyrim, Fallout 4, DS3, Siege, any of the new Wolfensteins, UT4, etc. All I'm running is a GTX 1070 with an i5 6600 and 16 gigs of ram. And even if settings are on say high rather than max it's still way better than anything I've played on console.

1070 is a little long in tube as of now. I say that as a fellow user. Im probably gonna upgrade to the 2070s. Or whatever card I hear is releasing soon if it occupies the same $400-500 price range.

• Like (+1) 1

2022 lmao. Wish they'd just release it already its gonna be shit no matter what. The sooner they release it the sooner we can get a new company working on Halo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

1070 is a little long in tube as of now. I say that as a fellow user. Im probably gonna upgrade to the 2070s. Or whatever card I hear is releasing soon if it occupies the same $400-500 price range.

I use a 1070 TI and overclock it 

38 minutes ago, Avenger said:

2022 lmao. Wish they'd just release it already its gonna be shit no matter what. The sooner they release it the sooner we can get a new company working on Halo.

Even if we got a new compNy tif you think we’ll get one that’ll do no sprint you’re insane 

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Even if we got a new compNy tif you think we’ll get one that’ll do no sprint you’re insane 

Would you rather play messy 343 sprint Halo, or let's say sprint Halo from Bungie where every move and shot feels silky smooth and exciting and every set piece is a little art?

24 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

Lord of the Rings

2>1>3 movies and books both

4 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

3>1>2

Which franchise?

Dark Souls.  I mean I think DS1 is better than DS3 but I could understand the argument.

Super Mario Bros

The Legend of Zelda

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

To add to the PC discussion. Once you have bit the bullet and built your first PC it is much easier to make modular upgrades to it over time to keep it relevant.

You should also research the games you actually want to play with it and anything else you wish to do with said PC. You also need to figure out what resolution and refresh rate you intend to play games at. Personally right now I think a solid place to aim for is 1440p 144hz if you're building something totally new. You'll likely end up paying somewhere from 1000-1600USD. If you want something like 4k over 60hz its probably best to just sit on the money for awhile. You'll end up paying a large amount just for a monitor and performance likely isn't keeping up with that for a couple of more years without spending A LOT of money

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Serious Sam? 

No sequel that introduces sprint can be #1.

• Simms (+1) 1

The fruitless debate rides again...  PC isn't for everybody.  Some people don't want to bother with upgrading, or the bigger investment which it is no matter how much you try to spin it otherwise. Some people want to be playing on their TV sitting on their couch 5 minutes after they get home.  They want the system to handle all the upgrades for them and not have to have the hassle of OS updates and separate driver updates. They don't want to deal with 6 different launchers for their games or the Rebuild>upgrade>upgrade>upgrade>Rebuild cycle.  Like i said i play on both because none of that shit bothers me and im willing to live with lower graphical settings to get acceptable performance because im unwilling to spend $400+ on just a graphics card. Hell, im still rocking an R9 380 over here and an OG Xbox One (not even an S) because I have better things to spend my money on like... groceries and rent and health insurance. Point is, there is no objective answer to which is better.  Different strokes for different folks.

Semi-related - They keep talking about mouse and keyboard support for consoles.  Have any games really embraced that? That would solve all my problems if it became widespread. The single thing that really makes PC worth it is aiming with a mouse.  It just feels so much better than a controller.  If i could use a mouse on my console with input based matchmaking, that would solve everything.  I don't play many (any?) PC exclusives.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

The fruitless debate rides again...  PC isn't for everybody.  Some people don't want to bother with upgrading, or the bigger investment which it is no matter how much you try to spin it otherwise. Some people want to be playing on their TV sitting on their couch 5 minutes after they get home.  They want the system to handle all the upgrades for them and not have to have the hassle of OS updates and separate driver updates. They don't want to deal with 6 different launchers for their games or the Rebuild>upgrade>upgrade>upgrade>Rebuild cycle.  Like i said i play on both because none of that shit bothers me and im willing to live with lower graphical settings to get acceptable performance because im unwilling to spend $400+ on just a graphics card. Hell, im still rocking an R9 380 over here and an OG Xbox One (not even an S) because I have better things to spend my money on like... groceries and rent and health insurance. Point is, there is no objective answer to which is better.  Different strokes for different folks.

Semi-related - They keep talking about mouse and keyboard support for consoles.  Have any games really embraced that? That would solve all my problems if it became widespread. The single thing that really makes PC worth it is aiming with a mouse.  It just feels so much better than a controller.  If i could use a mouse on my console with input based matchmaking, that would solve everything.  I don't play many (any?) PC exclusives.

this is me in a nutshell. i like building pcs and work an it job that needs the knowledge, but at home, i just dont want to bother. add to that i dont have a good place to set up a desk to hold it, and i prefer to use my tv for a lot of games, and a console just makes more sense to me. plus with my money already spread thin, i wouldnt be updating much if at all during a time frame of a console generation.

as for xbox vs ps, there arenet many exclusives that pull at me any more where i have to get a console to play it. most of the really good games are multiplatform, and games that i cant get my hands on are out of sight, out of mind for me. and game pass has given me so much value in the year i've had it, it doesnt make sense for me to switch from that ecosystem where i can play on my tv, laptop, and phone. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Craneteam said:

this is me in a nutshell. i like building pcs and work an it job that needs the knowledge, but at home, i just dont want to bother. add to that i dont have a good place to set up a desk to hold it, and i prefer to use my tv for a lot of games, and a console just makes more sense to me. plus with my money already spread thin, i wouldnt be updating much if at all during a time frame of a console generation.

as for xbox vs ps, there arenet many exclusives that pull at me any more where i have to get a console to play it. most of the really good games are multiplatform, and games that i cant get my hands on are out of sight, out of mind for me. and game pass has given me so much value in the year i've had it, it doesnt make sense for me to switch from that ecosystem where i can play on my tv, laptop, and phone. 

I hope you have a good TV that has variable refresh rate and is true 120 Hz.  You really don't know what you are missing if you are gaming on a TV that is stuck at 60 Hz with horrendous input lag.  Seriously it is insane. Yesterday I played Ori and the Will of the Wisps on my living room TV 70".  It looked beautiful and was nice to sit on a comfy couch.  But later in the evening I picked up where i left off on my PC with a ultrawide 120 hz monitor and that experience was NIGHT AND DAY better.  Seriously.  I am glad a lot of the new TVs are starting to support true 120 hz and variable refresh rates. Even still, sometimes I think TVs are just too big and you sit too far from them to actually get a good gaming experience with them.  Even if it does have VRR and 120hz.   TV is great for casual gaming but I would not want to play Halo on a TV.  BIG YUCK  

I say big YUCK because I have both Xbox One X on a 70" TV and a high end PC with 120hz ultrawide monitor and I literally cant stand to PLAY MCC on the console TV now.  It is so so so so much worse.  Even campaign is barely playable to me.  Almost makes me sick. 

People are still thinking of the 360 days when talking about consoles it feels. The Xbone was most definitely not sold at a loss and is such a massive brick that you can't tell me with a straight face that it's easier to setup or portable. Let's also not forget the constant useless OS updates that keep you locked out of the system for 15-20 minutes every time you start the thing. 

Maybe the Series X (dumbass name btw) will improve things slightly but with Halo on PC/becoming a completely irrelevant franchise and PC  not having to pay for XBL like a cuck I don't see any reason to buy an Xbox. The xbone was the biggest waste money in my entire life. 

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Basu said:

People are still thinking of the 360 days when talking about consoles it feels. The Xbone was most definitely not sold at a loss and is such a massive brick that you can't tell me with a straight face that it's easier to setup or portable. Let's also not forget the constant useless OS updates that keep you locked out of the system for 15-20 minutes every time you start the thing. 

Maybe the Series X (dumbass name btw) will improve things slightly but with Halo on PC/becoming a completely irrelevant franchise and PC  not having to pay for XBL like a cuck I don't see any reason to buy an Xbox. The xbone was the biggest waste money in my entire life. 

og Xbox One (and PS4) pretty sure were sold at break even. It was pretty bad in size and weight, but both the S and X were much smaller, the S is extremely lighter, and the X removed the power brick. 

I never have to wait for OS updates; use the instant-on feature and it's always updated. And I'm somewhere in the beta program so I know I get a lot of frequent updates. Sometimes the games don't auto-update which can be annoying.

I also get free Gold with Microsoft Rewards and tons of dollars in gift cards. And for anyone saying "but your valuable time", I mostly do it at work and it takes less than 5 minutes per day. Combine that with trading/selling my console to upgrade to next gen and I get the next console at a decent discount.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Basu said:

Makes a great media hub though :simms:

• Like (+1) 1