CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 hours ago, Nokt said:

Spoiler

odi7tvfkcqi51.jpg?width=1080&format=pjpg

Spoiler

ile0xyfkcqi51.jpg?width=1080&format=pjpg

They should absolutely drop support for Xbox One.  Especially if its a year delay. It will be on PC which will be a big boost, but only if the game is good. If they're trying to get people to buy the new console, they don't need to be pandering to people on the old one. Especially for a console that was already underpowered when it was released.

I really want to know where the decision to switch from UE4 to Slipspace/blam came from. Did Microsoft demand it, or did they say "Hey can you turn blam into a first party frostbite/dunia/unreal engine all our studios can use royalty free?" and 343 gave them an enthusiastic "Yes" to please their corporate overlords? It just seems like a truly shitty idea to work on a game in UE4 for 2 years, then switch to something else.  Even if they wanted a "new" first party engine why not just create it in parallel with the game being made in UE4, make it available to all the other first party studios when it was ready, release Infinite on UE4 then port/create the next game in the new engine once it was fully baked?

• Like (+1) 1

So if an early 2022 release is on the table, I think it's safe to say that holiday 2021 is the soonest we can expect Infinite to launch. 

They aren't going to throw 2022 around if they thought Q1 or Q2 2021 was doable.

i would love to know how many of the problems are hardware driven and how many are caused by their engine.

i cant believe we're at the point of a 7 year dev cycle for this game. 343 are the kids who wat till the last week to do the mid term paper

Saw that article, expecting not just my own info dump I gave Friday, but other sources. Disappointed that the article basically pulled a Halo Follower. As for Schreir dismissing my information, he wasn't very clear with his statement at all, unless I'm missing something. It's very clear 343 have been going through awful development, even before I even mentioned anything here. As for my credibility, there are people in this forum I have talked to about these things, and people outside of this forum as well; they can choose to make themselves known, I won't ask them to if they would like to remain anonymous.

• Like (+1) 5

I hope to god that Infinite's released by 2nd-quarter 2021 at latest. Content creators are already stretching trivial news thin and squeezing abysmal content out of non-news. 

If people really do have to wait for a year longer, non-news too will lose all the minimal value that it has, and content creators are gonna start pulling the LukeTheNotable, en masse. 

Even comp players, there's only so long that people can still keep playing Halo 3 before their blood vessels pop. 

It really is weird. Do 343 have anything available. I remember specifically 343 mentioning they created slip space to add more content and to make development on it, easier. Wtf! Apparently constant arguments on whether to go with advanced movement or classic was going on for 3 years! 

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

It really is weird. Do 343 have anything available. I remember specifically 343 mentioning they created slip space to add more content and to make development on it, easier. Wtf! Apparently constant arguments on whether to go with advanced movement or classic was going on for 3 years! 

I'd pay to know what those conversations are like

Imagine the studio that fractured and split a community is fractured and split itself.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 2

Furthermore, it’s claimed Microsoft has not ruled out pushing Infinite beyond 2021 if it feels the game would benefit.

goodness possibly 7 years of development? Shit stop cutting shit constantly and just add onto what you got and you wouldn’t of had so many problems. 

I like when people post stuff like 'Infinite development isn't going well? Insider hints at troubled development!'

Like no shit development isn't going well, the games already been delayed, if it was going as planned it would still be launching this year. 

Just now, ChieftaiNZ said:

I like when people post stuff like 'Infinite development isn't going well? Insider hints at troubled development!'

Like no shit development isn't going well, the games already been delayed, if it was going as planned it would still be launching this year. 

BUT SKE7CH AND UNYSHEK ALREADY DENIED THE RUMORS GUY! 

STOP HATING 343 CAUSE THEYRE NOT BUNGIE. IT'S LIKE SOME PEOPLE WANT THIS GAME TO FAIL

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, znot said:

BUT SKE7CH AND UNYSHEK ALREADY DENIED THE RUMORS GUY! 

STOP HATING 343 CAUSE THEYRE NOT BUNGIE. IT'S LIKE SOME PEOPLE WANT THIS GAME TO FAIL

Maybe I wouldn’t hare on them if they said Q1 or Q2 2021. No they only said 2021. The fact they need to delay an entire year is bullshit! This is a mother fucking FPS game. Those games don’t take a shit ton of time! Most take 2-3 years at best. 

• Fire (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

I want to pose a "what if" right now:

What if MS decided to wipe Halo 4 from Xbox 360 and instead was delayed a single year to release on the Xbox One as a launch title? I wonder how different things would be.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I want to pose a "what if" right now:

What if MS decided to wipe Halo 4 from Xbox 360 and instead was delayed a single year to release on the Xbox One as a launch title? I wonder how different things would be.

You prob would have gotten a more polished Call of Halo.  It takes a lot of self reflection to realize your design is fatally flawed and even more perseverance to wipe it and begin again.  I have “gone gold” six times before now but there were fundamental problems with each design that couldn’t be fixed with small changes.  

I have the luxury of time though.  When a game needs to ship and you’re already pot invested in perks and kill streaks, sometimes it’s too late to turn this car around.  

Halo 3,reach and 4 launched great with a load of content. Each one was 2.5 years of development time. H4 sucked from a gameplay perspective because it was cod like aF, but in terms of visuals, performance it’s beautiful. As far as we know h6 only has graphical issues unless they’re having content problems? We need multiplayer gameplay campaign gameplay at least once a month until release, a beta announcement for early 2021. Something to make us not feel complete resentment for 343! I get it Covid has fucked development but it couldn’t of fucked it so deep where they may need an entire years delay. This isn’t cyber punk! 

11 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Imagine the studio that fractured and split a community is fractured and split itself.

Why would I have to imagine it? That’s exactly what has happened.

15 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I hope to god that Infinite's released by 2nd-quarter 2021 at latest. Content creators are already stretching trivial news thin and squeezing abysmal content out of non-news. 

If people really do have to wait for a year longer, non-news too will lose all the minimal value that it has, and content creators are gonna start pulling the LukeTheNotable, en masse. 

Even comp players, there's only so long that people can still keep playing Halo 3 before their blood vessels pop. 

Q2 is possible but extremely doubtful IMO. When they announced the delay I immediately thought Q3 at the earliest. Because if the game was in a state where Q1 or Q2 were possible, there's a good chance they would have just rushed the game to have it be ready for the new Xbox to release alongside it. 

Now that more so applies to Q1 than Q2, but that's my thoughts.

If Halo gets delayed until 2022 then they need to scratch Xbox One and One S support entirely. You could maybe leave Xbox One X support, but if that needed to be dropped for any reason I wouldn't be mad. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, JordanB said:

Q2 is possible but extremely doubtful IMO. When they announced the delay I immediately thought Q3 at the earliest. Because if the game was in a state where Q1 or Q2 were possible, there's a good chance they would have just rushed the game to have it be ready for the new Xbox to release alongside it. 

Now that more so applies to Q1 than Q2, but that's my thoughts.

If Halo gets delayed until 2022 then they need to scratch Xbox One and One S support entirely. You could maybe leave Xbox One X support, but if that needed to be dropped for any reason I wouldn't be mad. 

I really hope that it's purely the graphical workload on the XB1's APU that's causing the game to be unplayable on it. A CPU-heavy workload would mean that they got Halo-4ed, and the ridiculous scope of their vision for the game has harmed it more than anything else. 

"Yeah our basic gamemodes and default settings play like absolute shit and the game can barely hold a decent framerate but look we added 120 new assassinations" 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Saw that article, expecting not just my own info dump I gave Friday, but other sources. Disappointed that the article basically pulled a Halo Follower. As for Schreir dismissing my information, he wasn't very clear with his statement at all, unless I'm missing something. It's very clear 343 have been going through awful development, even before I even mentioned anything here. As for my credibility, there are people in this forum I have talked to about these things, and people outside of this forum as well; they can choose to make themselves known, I won't ask them to if they would like to remain anonymous.

Just wanna point out that Soul Flame is credible here.

Years ago he told me about this exact conversation he had in 2017, and on top of that certain details like the gunfighter magnum being the new pistol (which I assume became the sidekick) along with them experimenting with equipment pickups and these armor abilities. This was years ago. He also mentioned the open world aspect and something about being able to shoot somebody across a Halo ring if I remember correctly. (Can't find the logs to support that one so maybe I'm just being a dipshit)

Either way I trust Soul's info. He's been consistently on the money based of what we've seen and his info hasn't changed in the 3 years I've known about some of what he's said.

• Like (+1) 6