CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

6 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

I havent heard any good arguments for Halo 6 not having Battle Royale. What are the top 3 reasons why we shouldnt have it?

Before I say anything, I'll disclose that I personally find it to be a good idea. 

1) BR is a mode that takes a ton of developer resources, namely time and attention, to develop. 

2) Halo's sandbox is traditionally structured in a manner that's completely unlike that of a Battle Royale game and would require a ton of balancing if you didn't want to make the gamemode even more RNG-based than it normally is. 

3) If we're getting player counts large enough for BR, we should probably receive a large-scale BTB mode beforehand. 

4) Battle Royale severely devalues the aspects of Halo that are most crucial to it's gameplay: tactical and calculated movement designed to counter the movement of an opponent, symmetric gunfights, and the requirement to control power items. 

5) Because the key aspects of Halo are all devalued significantly in a BR, it's likely to not make for a fun or deep BR experience like in Apex Legends or something like that, and would most likely have fans of BR who migrated over for Halo's take on it, return within the span of a week to whatever BR they were playing before. 

• Fire (+1) 1

10 hours ago, LukeB9515 said:

Damn it always surprises me how much you guys over in america pay for rent.

5 hours ago, Shekkles said:

There's a lot of factors that go into it, but also take into account average wages. 

Not sure how similarly housing policy works in European/Oceanic countries—I'd imagine developers deal with NIMBYism everywhere—but the level of local control over development projects in the U.S. is comical. "Land of the Free", so long as what you plan to build on your own property does not "disrupt the character of the neighborhood." California literally had to pass a law that permits the state to override local zoning restrictions because cities/municipalities in the Bay Area and Southern California block virtually any forms of development that could alleviate inflationary pressure on housing prices and rent. Even Manhattan suffers from this to a certain extent, despite the more-obvious spatial limitations. If you think about how high rent is in lower Manhattan, it's kinda nuts how low-rise the buildings are in neighborhoods like West/Greenwich/East Village and the Lower East Side. Often the best developers can do around here is gut pre-WWII tenements and make them hospitable for life in the 21st Century.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

How do we all think Cortana will be weaved into this storyline for Infinite?

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/20/2020 at 6:25 PM, Aphex Twin said:

Permanent no sprint/advanced mobility playlist on launch or bust.

I'm surprised you guys keep finding new ways to disappoint yourself.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mow said:

I'm surprised you guys keep finding new ways to disappoint yourself.

Lol that would be more realistic if it was temporary not permanent 

Shyway and Aozolai are amassing an army of sprint apologists. We need more numbers.

• Like (+1) 4
  • WutFace (+0) 2

11 hours ago, Shekkles said:

There's a lot of factors that go into it, but also take into account average wages. 

So the average wage on the UK is £35,423, that makes £500 as you said is roughly the average rent per month. 

12x500 is 6000. That's about 16% of that average income per year spent on rent.

The average salary in the US is $56,516, let's drop old mate @NavG123's rent to $900pm to average it out a bit. That's $10,800 per year. That's about 19% of the average income spent on rent, which is not much of a difference.

My rent is 17% of my annual income.

This is only using averages. State to state, county to county, city to city, street to street all affect it.

I'm bored.

Send help.

And the average house size in the US is over double that of the UK. Essentially, on a per square foot basis, rent is approximately twice as expensive as a percentage of income in the UK. 

To make this relevant to the thread, the US has homes designed for sprint. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 2

Ok catchup time...

Breakfast: Coffee and toaster waffles

Rent: some quick googling, Americans spend on average 37% of their income on rent.  Driven up by millenials and gen z, 2 generations that make less than their parents did at their same ages and love to live in cities that are more expensive than ever with 0 rent controls, eating up huge percentages of income.  Brits spend an average of 28%.  my wife and i spend roughly 12%.  We're building a house and once that's done the mortgage should put us at about 19%.  Right now our monthly health insurance premiums cost almost as much as our mortgage.

Halo:

15 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

The greater percentage of land isn't expensive but everyone near Seattle, NYC, or in California are definitely pressed.

I havent heard any good arguments for Halo 6 not having Battle Royale. What are the top 3 reasons why we shouldnt have it?

The only arguments that make sense, but that i still refuse to accept, are about balancing and development resources.  Weapon balance is actually easy... just make the weapons projectile and the longer ranges of a BR game will take care of themselves.  And the dev time argument is just a load of horseshit imo. Its one thing to make that argument for a game like Halo 5 that had already been released with half of its features missing.  Sucking up time to jam a BR in there after the fact would have been a terrible waste of resources.  But for a new game with 6 years of dev time, multiple "partners" (contractors) helping, and a 500 million budget.... no excuse.   With that many resources, if the game sucks it won't be because they spent too much time and resources on the BR mode.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Ok catchup time...

Breakfast: Coffee and toaster waffles

Rent: some quick googling, Americans spend on average 37% of their income on rent.  Driven up by millenials and gen z, 2 generations that make less than their parents did at their same ages and love to live in cities that are more expensive than ever with 0 rent controls, eating up huge percentages of income.  Brits spend an average of 28%.  my wife and i spend roughly 12%.  We're building a house and once that's done the mortgage should put us at about 19%.  Right now our monthly health insurance premiums cost almost as much as our mortgage.

Halo:

The only arguments that make sense, but that i still refuse to accept, are about balancing and development resources.  Weapon balance is actually easy... just make the weapons projectile and the longer ranges of a BR game will take care of themselves.  And the dev time argument is just a load of horseshit imo. Its one thing to make that argument for a game like Halo 5 that had already been released with half of its features missing.  Sucking up time to jam a BR in there after the fact would have been a terrible waste of resources.  But for a new game with 6 years of dev time, multiple "partners" (contractors) helping, and a 500 million budget.... no excuse.   With that many resources, if the game sucks it won't be because they spent too much time and resources on the BR mode.

I love all these answers. I feel the same way on all fronts. Especially your 12% flex! 

@TeeJaY Bruh. The ANTISPRINTs are enjoying other games. They aren't worried about it. They FAR outnumber those scrawny lil armies.  I think Cursed Lemon keeps harping on that. It's 100% factuals. 

1 hour ago, BigShow36 said:

And the average house size in the US is over double that of the UK. Essentially, on a per square foot basis, rent is approximately twice as expensive as a percentage of income in the UK. 

To make this relevant to the thread, the US has homes designed for sprint. 

I've also noticed like half of Americans put the US flag up in front of their house just in case people passing by forget what country they're in.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I've also noticed like half of Americans put the US flag up in front of their house just in case people passing by forget what country they're in.

You wanna stop stalking me with Google Earth bro?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

I love all these answers. I feel the same way on all fronts. Especially your 12% flex! 

@TeeJaY Bruh. The ANTISPRINTs are enjoying other games. They aren't worried about it. They FAR outnumber those scrawny lil armies.  I think Cursed Lemon keeps harping on that. It's 100% factuals. 

ha yeah its only 12% because we were super poor and had to buy a shithole a number of years ago and now we make that middle class money.  I have found its way nicer to be able to flex about how small your mortgage is than how big your house is.  My mortgage rule is "If i lose my job i need to be able to pay for it working part time at a liquor store".

Just now, Shekkles said:

ITS CALLED PATRIOTISM BRUH!! GUNS, FOOTBALL, PICKUP TRUCKS, LITE BEER AND HOT WINGS!!!!! 

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I put like five out for Memorial Day and Fourth of July.  

• Simms (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I put like five out for Memorial Day and Fourth of July.  

Shouldn't it be four?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

That isn't how reality works. There are finite amounts of time and work that developers will be able to work with. Say Halo Infinite had all of the normal content completed at 3 or 4 years of development they would absolutely not have ever waited additional years to work on a BR mode. The reason it isn't released is because they've been working on something that is able to be sold without embarrassing themselves. If you want more content you give up that amount of time and work from other aspects to get it. You could argue that they could hire even more people but that isn't as easy or effective as you might want to believe. The amount of money and time is mostly irrelevant in this situation its about how much work people are producing and how much of that you want to allocate to something else. You can take longer to produce even more but we all know that isn't whats going on. They're rebuilding the game and creating disasters otherwise they would've dropped the game two or three years ago

You know what’s annoying about people/gamers in general? 
someone comes up with an awesome idea, example make halo free to play for MP.

but there’s always those people that have to ruin it by mentioning the “what if’s”. Just because there’s potential of hackers doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do this awesome idea. Just because you may not be able to get an armor or skin by not paying doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do this.

Every good idea has cons to them, it doesn’t matter what it is, but many great ideas positives usually outweigh those cons. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

5 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Just because you may not be able to get an armor or skin by not paying doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do this.

I don’t think anyone gives a shit if 343 sells aesthetic enhancements.  I would prefer to be able to unlock everything in game but if that’s the cost of getting a decent multiplayer then flood the fucking market with pizza skins.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

People that make 60+ accounts just to post that Halo 3 is the best and an almost triple kill on Guardian Ball.

There's no way that number is real...

0________0

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

I don’t think anyone gives a shit if 343 sells aesthetic enhancements.  I would prefer to be able to unlock everything in game but if that’s the cost of getting a decent multiplayer then flood the fucking market with pizza skins.  

You clearly haven’t been  on reddit 

I can play so many games where my teammates have mice on average, yet on halo they’re a dime a dozen, why? Overwatch, any BR. Now the entire doesn’t have mice on average but on average in most games I’ll get a guy with a mic

• WutFace (+0) 1

6 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

ha yeah its only 12% because we were super poor and had to buy a shithole a number of years ago and now we make that middle class money.  I have found its way nicer to be able to flex about how small your mortgage is than how big your house is.  My mortgage rule is "If i lose my job i need to be able to pay for it working part time at a liquor store".

ITS CALLED PATRIOTISM BRUH!! GUNS, FOOTBALL, PICKUP TRUCKS, LITE BEER AND HOT WINGS!!!!! 

bro i hate alcohol and trucks (don't even fucking get me started on the drivers of said trucks). Football? My man I'm a jets fan. I don't get to care about football. 

Now guns you say...

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

No it’s just the fact people here are overly patriotic. People hear us soldier and instantly think hero or Superman.