CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

All I'm saying is that whatever happened with aiming in H5 should be deleted from the earth or locked away as a case study. I would support them taking development time away from MCC and Infinite to go back and just rip all of that shit out of H5 and replace it with something remotely acceptable. I think the modern aim and other options on MCC are a great baseline but they need to be accompanied by the correct foundation. I think I would choose H1 or H2 for that just to keep it simple and hold onto at least part of the series that just worked and nobody ever thought twice about it

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

hold onto at least part of the series that just worked and nobody ever thought twice about it

Like red X's over your dead allies?

Or lack of ADS?

343 thinks twice about everything...

11 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Like red X's over your dead allies?

Or lack of ADS?

343 thinks twice about everything...

Correction 343 thinks twice about anything that makes halo, halo

Holy shit i remember the x kerfuffle back during the halo 4 days. 

I’m honestly not sure if it’s arrogance, 343 knows what Halo should be but can’t help themselves from putting their own spin on it, ignorance, they genuinely don’t know what makes Halo Halo, or just the technical ineptitude to develop novel ideas.  

Ignorance would be the preferable option I suppose.  A lack of vision can be remedied (by me).  In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.  

Remember this? 

19ff2d447a6e2ad58e8e7fb116bc759b.jpeg

sorry if someone beat me to it =(

• Like (+1) 4

CE has the widest overall skillgap but there’s just something about Halo 2 that made me feel like I was never in a situation that I couldn’t come back from.  

• Like (+1) 2

I mean h5 does take a lot of skill I don’t deny that. There is a noticeable skill gap between a long term player and long term ce player. I just can’t bring myself to play/love h5 because of the broken aiming. 

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Literally what part of H5 takes more skill than CE?

It takes more skill to aim because you have to break through the frustration barrier, the hair-pull barrier and the salt barrier just to get a single kill. CE Boomers will never understand the difficulty of Halo 5's aim. Idiots.

• Simms (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

A Creative director AND Executive Producer leaving a project pretty much guarantees a delay at the least or a shitty end product at worst. Just one of those positions leaving is a major Red Flag. This has happened so many times in the last ten years at major studios like Bioware, Visceral Games and even CDPR. 

It really doesn't even matter what type of media it is either, the same thing happens with Movies. 

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

It takes more skill to aim because you have to break through the frustration barrier, the hair-pull barrier and the salt barrier just to get a single kill. CE Boomers will never understand the difficulty of Halo 5's aim. Idiots.

Your post is missing an "Lmao" or two.

• Toxic (+1) 1

9 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

That comment chain is one of the worst things I've read in a while.

Do these guys just pretend that Halo hasn't become more and more irrelevant since Reach? I'm sure they would just like to blame that 100% on there being more games to play competitively nowadays instead of the games having less of a reason to keep playing because of there not being as much room to improve.

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Are we serious at the point where H3 players are being called boomers?

Being conservative and saying most people were 14-18 in 2007, that would make the majority of players now 27-31 which I would consider acceptable "boomer" status.

Far less so than CE fanboys though.

14 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

Being conservative and saying most people were 14-18 in 2007, that would make the majority of players now 27-31 which I would consider acceptable "boomer" status.

Far less so than CE fanboys though.

as someone who's 33 this hurts

Halo 3 is the most skillful halo because the Battle Rifle’s random spread forces players to initially aim center mass then adjust their aim for the final headshot.  

Just now, Knighty Knight said:

This thread is dead. What did y'all have for breakfast?

banana bread.

how much is rent for everyone?

• Fire (+1) 1

Is ranked 6v6 a bad idea or not? 

Most medium-large maps in Halo have the unfortunate trait of getting shoved into BTB along with large maps, and occasionally getting put into 4v4. 

On 4v4, these maps absolutely CRAWL because of their open sightlines and relative lack of cover, combined with mutually distant team spawns and slow traversal. 

On BTB, they play decently, but BTB being a primarily social gamemode means that there's less strategic play and moreso just randoms running around aimlessly into whatever meat grinder there is on the map. 

6v6 is a compromise between the two, and better suits these maps as far as movement flow goes. 

I'd love to both play and watch it, though it'd have to be in a game where the whole sandbox is tuned properly for competitive play. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

This thread is dead. What did y'all have for breakfast? I had coffee and some white chocolate balls. Feeling good!

Coffee. Toast. Extra crispy.

I think an interesting topic is how the gap between games + this new infinite delay impacts communities that built their audience around Halo and never switched or looked into anything else. Tough time. Shout out to everyone sticking through.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This thread is dead. What did y'all have for breakfast? I had coffee and some white chocolate balls. Feeling good!

I had Ram's Horn because I was happy to eat in a restaurant again for the first time in like four months.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

I ordered pizza last night that I didn't finish and had a couple slices of that for breakfast. Watched Alien and Aliens for the first time last night while eating it, those are some fantastic movies.

---

I feel for everybody sticking through Halo right now. Like it feels everyone has been holding on for dear life to make it to Infinite and now who knows how much longer it'll take. At this point my local Halo community is completely dead again. I'm not trolling when I say it's easier to get Quake games in with locals than it is to get people online to play Halo.

• Fire (+1) 1