CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

If casual players keep dragging "sweaty competitive whiners" through the mud while game companies keep pandering to their stupid demands and ruining games because of it, then casual players deserve what they get.

"You don't get it man it's those stupid competitive players who ruin the game for everybody every single game should be 280% bloom AR slayer with radar and loadouts and no precision weapons yeah bro it's so fun when every game's online longevity is approximately 14 hours because everybody gets off and plays whatever other new nameless game came out 29 minutes ago"

All the more reason that competitive players should simply play their own standalone games and let the dev company do whatever they want with their franchise

12 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

If casual players keep dragging "sweaty competitive whiners" through the mud while game companies keep pandering to their stupid demands and ruining games because of it, then casual players deserve what they get.

"You don't get it man it's those stupid competitive players who ruin the game for everybody every single game should be 280% bloom AR slayer with radar and loadouts and no precision weapons yeah bro it's so fun when every game's online longevity is approximately 14 hours because everybody gets off and plays whatever other new nameless game came out 29 minutes ago"

All the more reason that competitive players should simply play their own standalone games and let the dev company do whatever they want with their franchise

That isn't even what happens tbh. Devs just make shit games and listen to the outspoken community. The truly successful games right now are either casual fun or esports focused. There are like a couple of games ever that try and make a compromise between both for their primary modes and succeed. Almost all of the big games are hard in one direction or the other

The best part about Infinite's delay is I get to play more MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

That isn't even what happens tbh. Devs just make shit games and listen to the outspoken community. The truly successful games right now are either casual fun or esports focused. There are like a couple of games ever that try and make a compromise between both for their primary modes and succeed. Almost all of the big games are hard in one direction or the other

It's the general trend. Most popular games aren't exactly skillful, or even all that great (even decent, in many cases) gameplay-wise. 

Most developers don't want to make a GPMA. They want to make a Halo 4 because omg muh graffix and omg muh compelling story and omg muh rich character building and omg muh free dopamine multiplayer because most players find it too hard to pay attention to their screen for >5 seconds. 

Yeah this is definitely a bit on the bitter deranged rant side of things, but it's something I feel strongly about. I see this happen in franchise after franchise that I have any interest in, and it's tiring. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Most players find it too hard to pay attention to their screen for >5 seconds. 

I feel suits think this but it's a myth in reality.

On 8/14/2020 at 10:14 PM, HeX Reapers said:

unknown.png

Must have hit you by an inch. Could be wrong but you can see the tip of what seems to be a back-holstered weapon near the middle of the corner.

You can't see him at all when i get shot, and even before that you can't see the head, and if I can't see his head, he can't see mine. If you played Destiny you would realize how often this happens. Worst netcode I've ever experienced, next to quake champions

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I feel suits think this but it's a myth in reality.

You say that but people in basically every game of MCC take it upon themselves to ignore teammate status icons completely 

• Upvote (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

You say that but people in basically every game of MCC take it upon themselves to ignore teammate status icons completely 

Maybe it’s just the fact people don’t play at the comp level. There’s a reasons any competitive player is the 1-5%.

3 hours ago, _Synapse said:

It's the general trend. Most popular games aren't exactly skillful, or even all that great (even decent, in many cases) gameplay-wise. 

Most developers don't want to make a GPMA. They want to make a Halo 4 because omg muh graffix and omg muh compelling story and omg muh rich character building and omg muh free dopamine multiplayer because most players find it too hard to pay attention to their screen for >5 seconds. 

Yeah this is definitely a bit on the bitter deranged rant side of things, but it's something I feel strongly about. I see this happen in franchise after franchise that I have any interest in, and it's tiring. 

Have you ever tried cs go or source? It might be up your alley.

8 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

I think the current MW is the worst designed FPS game I have ever played in my life.

I keep hearing praise for that game at it's baffling. 

15 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

I think the current MW is the worst designed FPS game I have ever played in my life.

I’ve been saying it’s the worst COD to date since the week of its launch and people were saying I’m crazy. 

Map design is piss poor, and the removal of the classic radar just results in UAV becoming a clutch kill streak and Ghost a clutch perk. Not to mention the SBMM that turns every single match into a sweat fest where everybody plays like their life depends on it if you’re even a halfway decent player.  There are a plethora of issues but those are the main ones that grind my gears. 

Not saying MW is ideal but I would much rather play it then MCC at the moment, tried some MCC BTB yesterday with a friend und the 2 of us (out of the 8 that make our team) constantly got 50 or more out of the 100 kills in the slayer matches we played, even with the high aim assist so many people walk around who do not even shoot their gun at you unless you shoot them first.
Not sure why people cry about SBMM so much in MW, I would rather play against people who can fight back than random kids that don't think it's worth shooting back until it's too late. Not like CoD itself is all that sweaty, I keep hearing that - like maybe my perception of what a sweaty game would be like is fucked since I played too much Quake but to me it sounds like most people just want to get huge stat numbers against terrible 12 year olds, guess that's not the shooter experience I am after...

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Not out here to really defend this game but if you could elaborate why that's the case that might help.
I mean their esports are a joke but that has traditionally been the case with CoD, game is not developed to compete with CS or R6S or whatever other tactical shooter.

Can't speak to the prevailing sentiment directly, as I hadn't played any CoD game after Black Ops 2 until last fall, but I have friends who are very into Call of Duty and they absolutely love MW. The explanation I have gotten is that it feels like a CoD game, where as the last few iterations did not. To me, the game feels a bit janky, but it's not really my place to opine about what makes a "good" CoD game.

This CoD is alright. I think I enjoyed black ops 4 more, and there's a lot to dislike in MW. However, making people rage into their mics with dumb shit will never not be funny. 

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

This CoD is alright. I think I enjoyed black ops 4 more, and there's a lot to dislike in MW. However, making people rage into their mics with dumb shit will never not be funny. 

Right after I rage I always go get a sample of the delicious chicken dip to calm down. 

Are they just gonna release the whole soundtrack a year before the game releases?  I keep seeing new tracks posted.  WTF?

I want to experience the songs for the first time in game. I don't understand why they are releasing the tracks. 

As far as just gameplay goes, it's my favorite COD in quite some time. It might even be my favorite that this console generation had. But that still doesn't compare at all to how good some of the last gen CODs were.

There are things I dislike, such as the SBMM, getting a new lobby after every game, I don't love the UI but most CODs this gen have had bad UIs IMO.

idk if COD is a great game or anything but I can definitely see why it's popular.

MW is a fun game that shouldn't, and can't really, be taken seriously. Play it for laughs instead of wins and it's a blast. I have obsidian unlocked on the riot shield and it was hardly painful for me, due largely to playing like an utter douche and making other people mad. And don't get me started on how satisfyingly filthy it feels to snipe someone with a 725 slug round.

Though in the roughly 20% of the time I manage to land top 3 in FFA (my main mode), SBMM will stomp my shit in with the next lobby. God forbid I have to enable crossplay too, and I do sometimes because not many people play FFA, especially at odd hours.

1 hour ago, Infinity said:

Those are really just remixes of original tracks. That is not entirely a bad thing, but it makes me miss original music from Marty so much more. I am sure he would come up with som new breathtaking tracks, not just remakes of his old stuff. Oh well.

2 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Are they just gonna release the whole soundtrack a year before the game releases?  I keep seeing new tracks posted.  WTF?

I want to experience the songs for the first time in game. I don't understand why they are releasing the tracks. 

You could try not listening to the tracks beforehand.

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gobias said:

You could try not listening to the tracks beforehand.

Already doing that bud.   I just think it's wired they are sharing so much of it. Especially since it got pushed out so far.  It's like the only thing info they aren't stingy with.