CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

The background of that screenshot is literally just the interior area on Silent Cartographer. Where you fight the two Hunters.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

IDK MAN ALIEN IS KINDA GOAT

I might need to try Chronicles of Riddick - I'm a huge fan of that trilogy! 

Butcher bay is a great game.

Dark Athena is not as good, but worth it for the update to BB. 

19 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Alien Isolation is the best game made from a film. Period. (LOTR and KOTOR are close seconds)

They do incredible work. They did H1A and H2A right?

Saber Interactive did the anniverary games which is another fair point. Saber did great for Halo 2 anniversary cause they had more time to make original textures and not just models. That's why H2A looks so good. CEA just looks visually noisy

In CEA they seemed to only have time to make new models but not textures. All the textures were ripped from H3 and Reach to make Frankenstein assets. At least covenant and forerunner wise. UNSC had a lot of unique textures made for them. like the pillar of autumn for example.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I get a suspicious feeling that if Infinite's intended release was early next year we would have already gotten some general timeframe like "Spring 2021". I won't be surprised if this is pushed back a full year. Things must have been an absolute dumpster fire to get to this point.

• Like (+1) 3

Honestly if they thought what they showed was going to sell $600 consoles... Hmmm...

All the marketing saying "Xbox Series X, lead by Halo Infinite" has to change now.

Now we know why E3 2019 had nothing. Because they had nothing.

• Like (+1) 5

Really is insane how we’ve seen absolutely nothing. 343 needs to make sure every month something gameplay related is shown. Help reestablish  the trust they’ve lost. 
motherfuckers haven’t even Said when in 2021. So they don’t even know when they’ll get shit done. Working at home can’t be screwing development up that bad it just can’t. 

5 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Really is insane how we’ve seen absolutely nothing. 343 needs to make sure every month something gameplay related is shown. Help reestablish  the trust they’ve lost. 

we've been asking 343 to win back trust since mcc launched and 2 years ago we were having to prove heavy aim in h5 and now infinite delayed. if it were just graphics then i feel like they wouldve said. imo the gameplay looked good in the demo we saw but if its delayed 12+months then something is wrong with the game and that 8 minutes was the only working 8 minutes of the game. kinda getting anthem vibes at this point

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Let's be honest the campaign will be subpar as usual because 343 have no idea how to make engaging encounter design.

All hope lies on multiplayer.

Can't wait for it to be mediocre.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think everybody's just waiting to see if good Evolved/GoldPro settings can be made for Infinite, I don't think anybody's particularly excited about the base settings they're gonna have in multiplayer. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

9 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

I think everybody's just waiting to see if good Evolved/GoldPro settings can be made for Infinite

I'm waiting to see if I can have fun...

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I think everybody's just waiting to see if good Evolved/GoldPro settings can be made for Infinite, I don't think anybody's particularly excited about the base settings they're gonna have in multiplayer. 

I mean I've gotta be honest here a small population of people on this forum are probably the entire audience for those settings lol. Not talking shit to those people or anything but almost nobody is waiting on that

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

As poorly as the development for Infinite seems to be going, at least they seem committed to improving MCC as much as possible. Having a team work on continually improving the experience bodes well for its future popularity.

A full year delay should be enough to make Infinite a decent enough game. If not, then 343 simply needs new leadership willing to make big changes to set the series on the right track.

I know people like asymmetrical interactions, but you have to be nuts to want to be the mole in whack-a-mole.

Especially if you always lose.

• Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TI Inspire said:

As poorly as the development for Infinite seems to be going, at least they seem committed to improving MCC as much as possible. Having a team work on continually improving the experience bodes well for its future popularity.

A full year delay should be enough to make Infinite a decent enough game. If not, then 343 simply needs new leadership willing to make big changes to set the series on the right track.

this feels like grasping at straws tbh

mcc was a dumpster fire for YEARS before even being acknowledged by 343. i feel that where mcc is now is where it shouldve been if not at launch, than a year after. it being functional now isnt exactly praiseworthy

infinite being delayed is the better option vs releasing whatever they have now, but this is on the heels of a 5 year dev period where they've apparently failed at building a new engine and apparently having failed to build something better than existing game engine technology. i mean they've been using havok forever now and MS owns that. it worked fine in doom eternal, ps4 spiderman, black ops 4, and every halo since halo 2. this studio is not equipped for building the engine and theyve backed themselves into this corner

343 has needed new leadership since they showed us this

Halo: The Master Chief Collection | Coming to PC! Reach now included!

i dont think MS is as worried about console sales as much as they want game pass subscription numbers to go up and i doubt this delay will hurt that very much, so i dont see any big changes at 343. i hope i'm wrong though

• Like (+1) 6

I always thought the picture above was a meme. Was that actually in a 343i presentation? :walshy:

52 minutes ago, Faeyrin said:

I always thought the picture above was a meme. Was that actually in a 343i presentation? :walshy:

this image is straight from a presentation given by josh holmes at gdc in 2013 when talking about halo 4

to paraphrase: halo has traditionally been a competitive game and its steep learning curve has been a turn off to players. this was the foundation 343 built its halo trilogy on

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 5

44 minutes ago, Faeyrin said:

as was "bringing aboard people who hate halo to develop the next title". 

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Craneteam said:

this image is straight from a presentation given by josh holmes at gdc in 2013 when talking about halo 4

to paraphrase: halo has traditionally been a competitive game and its steep learning curve has been a turn off to players. this was the foundation 343 built its halo trilogy on

Never saw this before.

I'm stunned they actually used that image of master chief in a wheelchair for this presentation, almost like they knew their design philosophy was a joke.

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Craneteam said:

Oh god i remember that.  That presentation was banana's.  If you think Halo's problem was its "steep learning curve" and "competitiveness" then you have no idea what actually makes halo, halo and you have no business making the game.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 had such a steep learning curve amirite knowing when to and when not to crouch and pull out my AR is soooo complex

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

Oh god i remember that.  That presentation was banana's.  If you think Halo's problem was its "steep learning curve" and "competitiveness" then you have no idea what actually makes halo, halo and you have no business making the game.

its the same issue as the current cod where the lead dev said that competitive ruined call of duty and basically made a game that promotes scrubs camping corners

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Craneteam said:

its the same issue as the current cod where the lead dev said that competitive ruined call of duty and basically made a game that promotes scrubs camping corners

I think the current MW is the worst designed FPS game I have ever played in my life.

• Like (+1) 5