CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

21 minutes ago, Xandrith said:

Ladies and gentlemen, the worlds worst netcode

unknown.png

Must have hit you by an inch. Could be wrong but you can see the tip of what seems to be a back-holstered weapon near the middle of the corner.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

That's exactly what everyone dislikes though? I know I would much rather be managed well and do my work at a reasonable pace than fuck around for 2 years and then slam for 6+ months to clean it up. Its not about the total amount of work required its how much of it gets crammed into a few months. That's why its called crunch 

I'm saying most of the time that a studio crunches, it's their fault.  And crunching for several months to compensate for several years of sitting on your hands is not a bad trade off.  At the end of the day, the worst game industry job is still one of the coolest and easiest career choices you could have. I just think the whole anti-crunch criticism that's surfaced the last year or two is really unwarranted.

• Like (+1) 1

I've come to reevaluate some of my older less-than-critical comments on 343. 

Bungie's trend in game quality was exponentially worsening with each title, yes.

343's was the opposite for H4 to H5, yes. 

That's just a superficial way to look at the problem, though. The problem was always that neither developer understood what made Halo good. Bungie very mistakenly thought that reticle bloom and armor lock were great ways to innovate, whereas 343i thinks that reinventing the wheel and alienating over half the fanbase in said process is a great way to innovate. 

Honestly, Halo needs neither. A team of 3-4 Halo players who understand the fundamental way in which each game ticks, and with a clear vision on what they want Halo to be, could easily produce the best Halo game to date. 

H1 NHE, H2 Project Cartographer, and Halo Online are what I'm talking about. Not that they're perfect games in any sense, but they're a big step away from the wrong direction. 

The first step to reviving competitive Halo games is to take community control of the games that we want to play on, and not leave control to a handful of detached devs who think the game's gonna fail if it doesn't have a button that a player can press to activate camo, or a whole fuckload of unnecessary and harmful animations that segment the otherwise seamless movement into clunky complexity. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

The first step to reviving competitive Halo games is to take community control of the games that we want to play on

3ect5wjmhf641.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Hooked 3

11 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Turns out that the MP leaks we saw were true, or at least it seems so from how the AR looks. 

Nah, they're fake. That's 100% just a ripped Reach AR model, the Ammo counter HUD is wrong, the ammo counter itself is mounted wrong, it has a side light on it that isn't on the Infinite version. Hitmarkers are wrong.

Also, they came from 4chan, when it comes to Halo Infinite leaks, they've got a pretty shitty track record. 

9 hours ago, _Synapse said:

snip

in the dying moments of Halo:Online there was a Carbine starts server and man, it played beautifully.

5 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Nah, they're fake. That's 100% just a ripped Reach AR model, the Ammo counter HUD is wrong, the ammo counter itself is mounted wrong, it has a side light on it that isn't on the Infinite version. Hitmarkers are wrong.

Also, they came from 4chan, when it comes to Halo Infinite leaks, they've got a pretty shitty track record. 

The shield HUD seemed to look accurate

8 minutes ago, Obnokshus said:

in the dying moments of Halo:Online there was a Carbine starts server and man, it played beautifully.

Green DMR with 110 damage was better. It was a 4SK with negligible bloom.

I still think grapple would be more fun a a single or limited use equipment that was on the map and attached itself to the gun when you picked it up. Oh, and if its range and speed was dictated by holding the trigger to shoot it.

12 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

I'd take Bungie over 343 any day of the week. I know for sure they wouldn't have turned Halo into the laughing stock it is right now.

i dunno destiny has plenty of issues that i wouldnt want in halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Craneteam said:

i dunno destiny has plenty of issues that i wouldnt want in halo

cough cough sunsetting is a scam cough cough

I'd rather have Toys for Bob make a Halo rather than 343 or Bungie. They're responsible for the Crash and Spyro trilogy remakes, and the upcoming new Crash. The new Crash holds onto the original formula and improves upon it, along with giving it extensions of itself that don't hinder the original formula.

I'd like that for Halo.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I'd rather have Toys for Bob make a Halo rather than 343 or Bungie. They're responsible for the Crash

That was Vicarious Visions, not Toys for Bob. Sure, TfB might've ported N. Sane Trilogy to other platforms, but the development was by VV. But yes, Toys for Bob did some great work revitalizing the Reignited Trilogy, and so far, I'm impressed with their next project, Crash Bandicoot 4.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I'd rather have Toys for Bob make a Halo rather than 343 or Bungie. They're responsible for the Crash and Spyro trilogy remakes, and the upcoming new Crash. The new Crash holds onto the original formula and improves upon it, along with giving it extensions of itself that don't hinder the original formula.

I'd like that for Halo.

Creative Assembly is good too they actually care about being faithful to a franchise.

See Alien Isolation 

ihnw8ncqr8m31.jpg

They were so passionate about getting it right they got Terabytes of data from Fox regarding sound assets, set production, original music. Just raw original film shit.

And then look how they handled Halo Wars 2. It was executed well. Granted I only think that from the cutscenes which were done by Blur but the artstyle for the banished was dope. Atriox was dope (again probably due to BLUR) The forerunner artstyle was still based on 343s trash though. But regardless I think this is a studio that actually SHOWS how faithful they can be.

HW2_BanishedForces_Concept.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

Alien Isolation is the best game made from a film. Period. (LOTR and KOTOR are close seconds)

They do incredible work. They did H1A and H2A right?

2 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Alien Isolation is the best game made from a film. Period. (LOTR and KOTOR are close seconds)

Do we count all the Star Wars video games that have been made? Because there's quite a few that are better than Alien: Isolation. But also, Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay exists and is still amazing all these years later.

5 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Do we count all the Star Wars video game

Wish we could get another Jedi knight academy. That game hands down has the best and most realistic lightsaber combat. One thing prequel films did the best was the light saber fights and academy brings something like that to the table.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

Do we count all the Star Wars video games that have been made? Because there's quite a few that are better than Alien: Isolation. But also, Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay exists and is still amazing all these years later.

IDK MAN ALIEN IS KINDA GOAT

I might need to try Chronicles of Riddick - I'm a huge fan of that trilogy! 

On 8/14/2020 at 3:15 PM, _Synapse said:

Turns out that the MP leaks we saw were true, or at least it seems so from how the AR looks. 

On 8/14/2020 at 5:48 PM, NAK said:

I think he is referring to this: https://imgur.com/a/eHjP3Lw

38 minutes ago, Zdann said:

The hud looks the same but the AR looks different, maybe an earlier build

Those screenshots are from a fan project. The developer of it confirmed this on Twitter shortly after the 'leak'.  I didn't save the link to the tweet, but the screenshots are 100% confirmed to NOT be from Infinite.  Knowing that the screenshots were taken from another game and passed off as leaks makes the accompanying info unreliable as well, imo. 

Edit: Here's the Twitter account of the developer I was referring to - https://twitter.com/Glitch597O

And YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuYwXHmGpFayZpNcjjsgIbw

Looks like the developer actually showed the images to Halo Follower, who mistakenly believed they were from Infinite. Hmm...

• Thonking (+0) 1

3 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

IDK MAN ALIEN IS KINDA GOAT

I might need to try Chronicles of Riddick - I'm a huge fan of that trilogy! 

The only digital version you'll be able to buy is the remake on the 360, but it's not backwards compatible on the Xbox One. I'm pretty sure it's not sold on PC digital stores anymore. You can probably still track down a physical copy of the remake or original version though.

So my prediction is infinite releases March, or summer, I don’t believe they’ll release it holiday 21. 
Hopefully if I’m right we will get a beta in the coming months. Maybe when the X is released weeks later they’ll announce flights, since they clearly need to test shit out. They did originally talk about “betas” after release which would of been when the series X released. So flights in December or January of 2021 might not be too unrealistic. 

im probably wrong since 343 seems to love keeping us in the dark when it comes to anything game related. Is forge at launch? No answer, is custom browser at launch, no answer, etc. idk about you but most of us WANT to be spoiled when it comes to multiplayer shit. I want to know what’s there. I’m not asking you to spoil the campaign for me. Show off to me the BR gameplay(battle rifle) show me some DMR action or whatever! The gameplay on h6 looks smooth and polished, but everything else obviously isn’t. My guess is that they’re adding tons of shit to MP as they need to make it worth playing and to buy their battle pass. 
here’s one unique way 343 could make tons of money and that is 10-20$ skin creator(game should be rated m to allow swear words). Give the player an option to custom create a skin for the weapon of their choice. 

12 hours ago, _Synapse said:

The shield HUD seemed to look accurate

This leak also comes after the 2019 trailer where we saw the shield HUD previously, so its not like its something that we can't possibly have known about. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

This leak also comes after the 2019 trailer where we saw the shield HUD previously, so its not like its something that we can't possibly have known about. 

Oh yeah I forgot about that