CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

3 hours ago, Sody91 said:
On 8/1/2020 at 1:02 PM, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

They're a shit company. I'm amazed some benefit of the doubt is floating around on this site. 

I mean, I agree, but I am not sure where you're quoting me from.

2 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Any other company essentially I'd give benefit of the doubt.

CD Projekt delays Cyberpunk 2077 again, I happily take it knowing it's for the best and the game will be good at the end of the day.

343 delays Halo, and it's just the same old bullshit. Massive problems, what are they hiding, etc. Like, I already knew the game was a mess becuase it took so long to release gameplay of Halo Infinite. And on top of it it somehow looked worse than halo 5? Like what the fuck is that about?

This is the same pattern over and over. How people don't catch on is just mesmerizing on it's own. COVID or not you'd think a tech company of all companies would thrive in this current enviornment. 

Also, this is going to hurt new console sales pretty significantly. Halo Infinite was supposed to be the console seller. So you know it's some serious stuff if they can't release it on time, and what others are saying make sense that it may be a year+??? For a game that has been in development for over 5 years? Lol ok dude.

Yeah CDPR has a history of making good shit and they had shown a bunch of Cyberpunk stuff before the delays which already looked really good.

343 doesn't have a history of excellence, shows a Halo themed engine demo, which ends up looking WAY better than the actual gameplay demo shown 2 years later, reports of shitty tools and workflows, disgruntled employees, and engine switch mid process.  COVID is not the problem.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Yeah CDPR has a history of making good shit and they had shown a bunch of Cyberpunk stuff before the delays which already looked really good.

343 doesn't have a history of excellence, shows a Halo themed engine demo, which ends up looking WAY better than the actual gameplay demo shown 2 years later, reports of shitty tools and workflows, disgruntled employees, and engine switch mid process.  COVID is not the problem.

CDPR doesnt have the best record for employee treatment either. but yeah, while i trust CDPR is taking time to polish the game, i can only feel that 343 is taking time to fix something really broken

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Craneteam said:

CDPR doesnt have the best record for employee treatment either. but yeah, while i trust CDPR is taking time to polish the game, i can only feel that 343 is taking time to fix something really broken

True, but all the big companies have crunch issues.  At this point Its such a problem i think i would be more likely to buy a game from a company that delayed solely to avoid crunch. its a thing at all software companies including mine, but we only have to deal with it for like a week at a time, 2 if things are really bad.  Employees at these big studios have it for months on end which is just shitty.

• Like (+1) 2

I would be skeptical about how much crunch you all believe really goes on in the industry.  Most game dev jobs are the easiest thing imaginable.  Unless you work at Naughty Dog, chances are you probably didn't do much the first ~2 years of a dev cycle and then need to play catch up in the final 6 months to make up the work.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 3

@MultiLockOn  Remember when I mass neg bombed you in order to take away your full rep bar?  

<——————

11 minutes ago, Boyo said:

@MultiLockOn  Remember when I mass neg bombed you in order to take away your full rep bar?  

<——————

Wait why don't you want a full rep bar lol

4 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

AWGw69S.png

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Realtomgi19 said:

PSA. Is it that everyone just hates Halo here? Doesnt post any gameplay content ever or have any direct contact with the game. I would recommend everyone stop posting and leave the forum for the people it's made for that actually have something to offer here. And get a life or join a progressive movement like rid 343 from Halo. Basking in your nagging is depressing.

I actually love Halo with a passion.  Real Halo.  Not the fake Halo shit that 343 has produced. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Who can even make good Halo games anymore? 343 obviously sucks at it but I wouldn’t want Bungie anywhere near this franchise either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Realtomgi19 said:

PSA. Is it that everyone just hates Halo here? Doesnt post any gameplay content ever or have any direct contact with the game. I would recommend everyone stop posting and leave the forum to allow the people it's made for that actually have something to offer here to post. And get a life or join a progressive movement like rid 343 from Halo. Basking in your nagging is depressing.

How dare you slander this forums’ name you heathen...... 

thou shall not breathe the same air we have conquered

for I, FeaR, the holy one, have smite you from engaging in our council of hatred and memes 

Begone heathen.... 

may Cooper rest his soul 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

Who can even make good Halo games anymore? 343 obviously sucks at it but I wouldn’t want Bungie anywhere near this franchise either.

Truer posts have never been posted.

Turns out that the MP leaks we saw were true, or at least it seems so from how the AR looks. 

4 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Turns out that the MP leaks we saw were true, or at least it seems so from how the AR looks. 

Link?

3 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

Based on the way they have handled Doom Id could at least make a good campaign i'd wager. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NAK said:

Based on the way they have handled Doom Id could at least make a good campaign i'd wager. 

Doom 2016 multiplayer is also very good and seriously underrated. It has its problems but it's one of the better fps multiplayers on console.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

I would be skeptical about how much crunch you all believe really goes on in the industry.  Most game dev jobs are the easiest thing imaginable.  Unless you work at Naughty Dog, chances are you probably didn't do much the first ~2 years of a dev cycle and then need to play catch up in the final 6 months to make up the work.

That's exactly what everyone dislikes though? I know I would much rather be managed well and do my work at a reasonable pace than fuck around for 2 years and then slam for 6+ months to clean it up. Its not about the total amount of work required its how much of it gets crammed into a few months. That's why its called crunch 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

I'd take Bungie over 343 any day of the week. I know for sure they wouldn't have turned Halo into the laughing stock it is right now.

33 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

I'd take Bungie over 343 any day of the week. I know for sure they wouldn't have turned Halo into the laughing stock it is right now.

Like Reach did?

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

What is Halo: Reach?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, timeforkoalas said:

Like Reach did?

Reach may have killed competitive Halo but it was respectable in nearly every other aspect. It put up great numbers. Halo would still be relevant in Bungie's hands.

Despite all of Reach’s mechanical faults, it was technically impressive.  I can’t say the same for any of 0/3’s games.  Maybe Halo 5 forge?  

• Fire (+1) 1