CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I don't know what I did to deserve this but I'll never forget you guys. 

Banned-on-Beyond.png

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2

49 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Twice as long dev cycle means the game will be twice as good as the other games I'm sure 

Fake news 

1 hour ago, Basu said:

If there are still no management changes after this shitshow I will seriously question what Microsoft is doing. 

Wait now hold up, they managed to actually decide to delay a game that wasn't ready this time, instead of just releasing it completely fucked, or severely lacking content. 

1 hour ago, Basu said:

If there are still no management changes after this shitshow I will seriously question what Microsoft is doing. 

This sentence could go on Halo's gravestone. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 2

I think we are in a lose-lose here.  Clearly, management at 343 doesn't get it.  They're bean counters, not halo fans.  But microsoft is also a bunch of bean counters. IDK if microsoft taking more direct control and trying to clean shit up is even going to help. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

How do you guys feel about a weapon that:

1) Fires a slower projectile than the utility weapon

2) Is headshot capable

3) Has a 1.6 second TTK with a 10SK and a 375RPM RoF

4) Permanently destroys a cloaked player's camo if it connects 3 shots, with the camo lasting 50 seconds from pickup otherwise

5) Causes OS decay if it connects 3 shots, with zero decay otherwise

6) On a 1:30 static timer

I'm thinking this could be a good role for the carbine if we don't remove it altogether. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Don’t count the first shot in your calculations.  [1 / (1.6 / 9)]*60 = 337 rpm 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Ugug said:

This seems like an exaggeration to me. I just looked up a 1v1 finals match from a tourney a few years ago and these players who obviously were some of the best in the world in a game that has been out for years were missing railgun shots on each other multiple times. Your point makes sense on a theoretical level where a player with perfect aim can always hit another player regardless of their positioning but that is not how a game happens in reality.

Ofc nobody has 100% railgun accuracy but you get matches where people hit 75% of their railgun shots from time to time. And I am not referencing games where they only take safe shots either.

24 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

How do you guys feel about a weapon that:

1) Fires a slower projectile than the utility weapon

2) Is headshot capable

4) Permanently destroys a cloaked player's camo if it connects 3 shots, with the camo lasting 50 seconds from pickup otherwise

5) Causes OS decay if it connects 3 shots, with zero decay otherwise

6) On a 1:30 static timer

I'm thinking this could be a good role for the carbine if we don't remove it altogether. 

Sounds bad to me, at least camo and OS are powerups which means they are items on the map that matter a whole lot (unless weak effects ofc) because they give you a stat boost even if you hold your utility weapon. The traditional problem with power weapons is that they are all situational while your utility weapon is not, especially due to long weapon swapping times.
Adding a gun that counters powerups doesn't add anything of value to the game imo, feels like some gimmicky rock paper scissors system devs feared of powerups being too strong would implement. And I realize there are some guns which have an easier time to spot a camo due to higher RoF and some guns like a plasma pistol that might do better damage against shields and thus is better against OS but what you mentioned sounds way too forced and artificial.

If you want to add more power weapons that people actually use you need to justify their role more than anything, in a game where the starting weapon often makes most of the kills it's usually a disadvantage having a situational gun out unless it has a true niche to fill which can hardly be said about any power weapon but rockets and sniper.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

6 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Twice as long dev cycle means the game will be twice as good as the other games I'm sure 

I wonder if it will still cost 500 Million dollars

200px-Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Xandrith said:

Making a good Halo game would be really easy

Getting the necessary resources and backing to make it happen? Now that's hard.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm kind of sad. We have been the laughing stock of gaming/esports for so long. I just heard Shroud say "Halo? DELAYED. Forever." and it just hit home. 5 years and all we get is 5 minutes of actual gameplay, mass criticism of 343 as a workplace, last gen graphics somehow chosen to be the first thing shown in this 5 year wait, 343 employees embracing being laughed at and now a nebulous "delayed until 2021". I was legitimately thinking we could be back to what we once were, but thus far the only optimistic thing i can see is that multiplayer will be free to play. Probably won't be having any LANs for a year to 1.5 years at the least.

I sympathies with them re: covid, but I just don't buy it as an excuse for what we've seen so far.

• Like (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

I'm kind of sad. We have been the laughing stock of gaming/esports for so long. I just heard Shroud say "Halo? DELAYED. Forever." and it just hit home. 5 years and all we get is 5 minutes of actual gameplay, mass criticism of 343 as a workplace, last gen graphics somehow chosen to be the first thing shown in this 5 year wait, 343 employees embracing being laughed at and now a nebulous "delayed until 2021". I was legitimately thinking we could be back to what we once were, but thus far the only optimistic thing i can see is that multiplayer will be free to play. Probably won't be having any LANs for a year to 1.5 years at the least.

I sympathies with them re: covid, but I just don't buy it as an excuse for what we've seen so far.

Ikr. Halo games in the past were on a 2.5 year Dev cycle, and this game whom has been on a 5 year has shown shit that looks like they just started this very year. Idk why they scrapped UE4. They should of just stuck with that and everything would of been fine. 

37 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Ikr. Halo games in the past were on a 2.5 year Dev cycle, and this game whom has been on a 5 year has shown shit that looks like they just started this very year. Idk why they scrapped UE4. They should of just stuck with that and everything would of been fine. 

its because they stupidly wanted to build their own engine which they shouldnt have done. i bet that has been the crux of most of their issues

10 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

its because they stupidly wanted to build their own engine which they shouldnt have done. i bet that has been the crux of most of their issues

I bet it has too. 343 has a bad habit of scrap and add. I just hope this new date is going to be March or February. I mean there’s no games to get in the way at that point. I think a June or July be acceptable if we got multiple betas. I want a MP one and a campaign flight. 

24 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

Posts like these are just bizarre. The reaction to Infinite here has been so weird and backwards.

The first thing is streamers. And this could have applied years ago as well. Stop bringing up popular streamers and their thoughts on Halo. Whether it's Summit, Shroud, or whoever else. They don't fucking matter because they're not gonna be playing the game a week after release. Halo is not at the top anymore and it never will be again, so top streamers won't give a shit about it in the long term. I also guarantee you that streamers don't know shit about what makes Halo great. Summit already said himself that he wants Infinite to play like Halo 5. Y'all better hope to god 343 doesn't give a shit about their opinions the way some of you do or Halo will actually get worse. And no, it's not impossible for Halo to become worse than it is right now.

The second is the graphics. When did this forum become ridden with casuals? Seriously? That's not elitism either. I'm just confused as to why the graphics have been leading the discussion HERE of all places. The only part of the graphics we should care about are the parts that affect visual feedback for the player. Whether it looks last gen, this gen, next gen, or whatever, it doesn't matter. Or at least it shouldn't to people on this forum. Oh no, the lighting looks flat. How tragic.

Third. The delay. Tell me something. Do you want another MCC circa 2014? Would you rather the game be released this year in a broken state? Because chances are the graphics is not the reason why it was delayed. Games don't get delayed because the lighting looks flat. They get delayed because of technical issues. Hell, a lot of games still don't get delayed even when there's technical issues. MCC should have never released in 2014. It should have been delayed by at least a year, probably more to be honest. So, let's not act like this delay is the worst. The worst would be if Infinite released like MCC did. I'm not sure this franchise can survive another release like that one, especially for a new title and not a collection of older ones. Not only that, but a delay means a greater possibility of a beta.

My ultimate point is to lay off the drugs, guys. It's bad for you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1

24 minutes ago, Ethereal Nights said:

The second is the graphics. When did this forum become ridden with casuals? Seriously? That's not elitism either. I'm just confused as to why the graphics have been leading the discussion HERE of all places. The only part of the graphics we should care about are the parts that affect visual feedback for the player. Whether it looks last gen, this gen, next gen, or whatever, it doesn't matter. Or at least it shouldn't to people on this forum. Oh no, the lighting looks flat. How tragic.

Hey. It's not only the fact that game looks last gen. It's the fact that it's yet another letdown. It's the fact that the game has been in development for 5 years. It's ridiculous.

Am I mostly focused on multiplayer/eSports side of thing? Sure. Do I want the game look good? Ofc I do. Looking good doesn't mean it has to be like Crysis with 200 mods. But not this blocky random unfinished crap ffs.

You can't blame ppl are sad/disappointed when they see their favourite franchise fall apart.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 2