CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Halo needs to attract an army of casual gamers with gimmicks like vehicles, movement abilities, and equipment so that they can be shown the door to arena gameplay.   No more half measures.  No more team slayer and MLG playlists.  One arena playlist alongside the more casual BTB mode.    

“What’s Arena?”

”Oh that’s for sweaty weirdos who like to run around on tiny maps with no vehicles and only their pistol.  Don’t worry about it.”

No much of a pitch but more than they would have heard had they not initially been attracted to the explosions and chaos of big team.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

I fail to see how anything that I've said previously puts me in that category.

It definitely does. 

56 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

If you are making settings that prioritize or pander for population/popularity you're doing something wrong.

100% this. How does this not tell me you’re one of those guys? 

Can somebody remind me how to make it so I can't see a person's posts?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Just now, Ugug said:

Can somebody remind me how to make it so I can't see a person's posts?

Not sure if you're just trying to meme but go into your account > ignored users and just add whoever you'd rather not know exists

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah no point making good settings everybody should huff glue and play with 2 second TTK with 200% bloom and nade hitmarkers and 80 meter radar

Many people were content with SMG starts in H2, AR starts in H3, and basically all of Reach. If you want to play a game with objectively worse settings, then go ahead. I don't care if it's literally 5 people who arrange to play through discord, I'll still do it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think there are some hard truths for Halo players that people try to desperately avoid. Such as if you're really only a fan of how Halo CE works and you're still sitting here 16 years later (after H2 release) complaining about kill times/item spawns and want them to change you should just go play CE or find a new game. They're not gonna reverse course on the things they've done. Its super painfully obvious that it will be that way and most of the people playing Halo are okay with that hence they're still there playing. So if you do go make settings to your enjoyment I would really recommend having friends who feel the same way to play with otherwise it will be for nothing. They're not going to use settings like that for commercial esports events because that isn't the game most of these people are trying to play.

On 8/10/2020 at 2:05 AM, MultiLockOn said:

Quake has more or less the fastest movement we've ever seen in a video game bar tribes, no aim assist, and even the best players in the world who do everything to evade the enemy and rocket jump over a door and only have their feet exposed for 2 frames will still get tagged by the other player using a railgun.  That is the perfect example of players hitting their head against the skill ceiling.  

This seems like an exaggeration to me. I just looked up a 1v1 finals match from a tourney a few years ago and these players who obviously were some of the best in the world in a game that has been out for years were missing railgun shots on each other multiple times. Your point makes sense on a theoretical level where a player with perfect aim can always hit another player regardless of their positioning but that is not how a game happens in reality.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Not sure if you're just trying to meme but go into your account > ignored users and just add whoever you'd rather not know exists

I'm not. Thank you!

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

One arena playlist alongside the more casual BTB mode.    

BTB is the best casual Halo experience cmv

Agree with this 100%. If they do make arena social, make it 5v5. More players breaks the flow of maps and that is actually a good thing in social (imo)

@Reamis25 and @HeX Reapers stop.

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

BTB is the best casual Halo experience cmv

Agree with this 100%. If they do make arena social, make it 5v5. It just works better.

@Reamis25 and @HeX Reapers shut up.

What a great addition to the conversation thanks for the input.

EDIT: Nice to know the post with actual substance and time put in gets yeeted for no real reason. This is why I don't take forum mods seriously.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Hooked 1

The settings that most people play on are always decided by whether said settings are available in matchmaking playlists. 

Regardless of how fantastic settings are, most people don't want to go through the effort of having to download custom maps + gametypes, and find 3-7 other people who also want to play and have/are willing to download said maps and gametypes. 

Look at H5 Mythic Arena. The reason that playlist had so much traction behind it (relatively speaking) is because it was added in as an official playlist. 

If you want to make a Gold Pro mode that'll succeed, all you really need is for it to be used in a playlist. I guarantee that if MCC had a customs browser and more attention could have been gotten surrounding GPMA, then there could easily have been at least 80-100 or more players. If 343i made it a playlist, then thousands. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, _Synapse said:

The settings that most people play on are always decided by whether said settings are available in matchmaking playlists. 

Regardless of how fantastic settings are, most people don't want to go through the effort of having to download custom maps + gametypes, and find 3-7 other people who also want to play and have/are willing to download said maps and gametypes. 

Look at H5 Mythic Arena. The reason that playlist had so much traction behind it (relatively speaking) is because it was added in as an official playlist. 

If you want to make a Gold Pro mode that'll succeed, all you really need is for it to be used in a playlist. I guarantee that if MCC had a customs browser and more attention could have been gotten surrounding GPMA, then there could easily have been at least 80-100 or more players. If 343i made it a playlist, then thousands. 

Even a little "343 Approved" sticker with a possible pin on the browser for a privately run server would do so much.

• Like (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Butttttt it originally started out as a custom game people found on fitgehub. It got noticed by all the downloads it got. I played it before it a playlist. Every pro tried out h5s pro settings 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Imagine thinking its being delayed solely because people didn't think the game looked pretty enough. They were already happy to launch without ray tracing so the game not looking as good as it possibly could at launch clearly wasn't an issue. The delay is much more likely to be because the games a technical shit-show and key, important content just isn't ready. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out in a couple years that the gameplay demo was something put together with glue, duct tape and a dream, that barely worked just so they could show something.  They will probably use the time to try and improve the graphics, but on the list of reasons to delay it definitely wasn't very high up there.

At the end of the day, a delay is a good thing, whether or not you want Infinite to succeed or fail. Think about it, either the game launches without a hitch and without any missing content and they nail it, or they still cock up the launch and they can't hide behind the Covid excuse again because they already used it as the reason to delay in the first place to make sure that didn't happen. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

57 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

BTB is the best Halo experience.

FTFY

• Simms (+1) 1

I really think the guy investigating their working conditions along with the assumed crunch time coming up during a pandemic threw up red flags everywhere and they knew they would get roasted by the public once it got out. At that point a delay was the only way to avoid terrible PR, treating employees like shit, releasing a finished game and hopefully remaining a studio when its all said and done. I highly doubt Microsoft will ever allow 343 to generate news like they did with MCC ever again. The second everyone freaked out watching the trailer releasing the game this year was over

That guy right there was going to bury them in articles if they had tried to push through all of this and then failed. He still might depending on what people have been feeding him. I think a lot of people aren't quite aware of just how shitty it is to work in gaming studios and release games on time. 343 is an ideal guess if you were trying to find a place to really put this on full display for the public. Just read the reviews about workflow, contractors, deadlines, mismanagement and the going on 6 year development of a Halo game. There's probably a crazy story hidden in there

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Well hopefully now the game won't look like it was on the 360. Also there's zero excuse now not to have flights or a public beta.

• Downvote (-1) 1

41 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we find out in a couple years that the gameplay demo was something put together with glue, duct tape and a dream, that barely worked just so they could show something. 

Halo 2 intensifies

7 minutes ago, Forerunner55 said:

meme

At least we got this hilarious meme lol

I wonder how many people know the meme that this is mimicking 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

I really think the guy investigating their working conditions along with the assumed crunch time coming up during a pandemic threw up red flags everywhere and they knew they would get roasted by the public once it got out. At that point a delay was the only way to avoid terrible PR, treating employees like shit, releasing a finished game and hopefully remaining a studio when its all said and done. I highly doubt Microsoft will ever allow 343 to generate news like they did with MCC ever again. The second everyone freaked out watching the trailer releasing the game this year was over

That guy right there was going to bury them in articles if they had tried to push through all of this and then failed. He still might depending on what people have been feeding him. I think a lot of people aren't quite aware of just how shitty it is to work in gaming studios and release games on time. 343 is an ideal guess if you were trying to find a place to really put this on full display for the public. Just read the reviews about workflow, contractors, deadlines, mismanagement and the going on 6 year development of a Halo game. There's probably a crazy story hidden in there

I'd pay good money to see the real story on hbo, its unfortunate but this game is in development hell right now.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1