CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

3 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Given their supposedly god-tier forge, I'm hoping that a decent GP mode and good maps can be developed for it on both platforms. 

Why do you think anyone is going to play any garbage you or anyone here makes?

• Downvote (-1) 9
  • WutFace (+0) 3

I hope eSports Engine uses some GP settings from Beyond just reamis can eat a dick 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

15 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

The game still has sprint, clamber, and slide. All they’re gonna do is improve the graphics. I don’t know why everyone is so happy.

Noone is happy, there is nothing to be happy about Halo right now. But it will better product this way if nothing else.

13 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

I hope eSports Engine uses some GP settings from Beyond just reamis can eat a dick 

They won’t. I speak the truth and you know it. Because no pro will know of the settings. No one played reach GP and no one played them in h5. I’m not even saying they’re bad, I just know no one ever plays them. Even with a custom browser no one sticks around 

20 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Why do you think anyone is going to play any garbage you or anyone here makes?

4 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

They won’t. I speak the truth and you know it. Because no pro will know of the settings. No one played reach GP and no one played them in h5. I’m not even saying they’re bad, I just know no one ever plays them. Even with a custom browser no one sticks around 

But you did call them bad, not even half an hour ago. You can say "This is unlikely" but you don't have to be a ass clown about it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Seen a couple of games with delays this year already, Cyberpunk being the big one to stand out. Just wanting a good game really and (hopefully) a beta to test stuff out and try before buying.

• Like (+1) 1

Microsoft must’ve really raked 343 over the coals with that piss poor showing they had this year the game was a joke.

• Like (+1) 5

20 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

But you did call them bad, not even half an hour ago. You can say "This is unlikely" but you don't have to be a ass clown about it.

Ok I should of worded it differently, I’m just mad by the infinite delay, I apologize. But the fact still remains no one will play them. I remember how painful it was to get anyone to notice the GP in reach, I remember it as well in h5, and that game you don’t need to download some assembly bs. And you can play it via browser!

• Like (+1) 2

I just want a beta. Let us test the game out. 343 has no solid excuses this time. This is what happens when you decided being silent for 5 fuxking years was better than last time. 

Kinda felt this was coming. 343 seemed genuinely caught off guard by the response to the reveal. I'm guessing the higher-ups took notice of the feedback and decided more time was needed.

4 minutes ago, thdyingbreed said:

It was actually hilarious watching them pathetically trying to spin this as some type of joke it’s like no we’re not laughing with you 343..you’re getting mocked because your game looks horrendous.

Yeah, agree for sure. When you have some minor bug which causes some hilarious effect in-game which is quickly fixed, that's when you as a dev get to join in the memes. When everyone is shitting on the basic quality of your game, it's not a good look for you to treat it as a joke.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Kinda felt this was coming. 343 seemed genuinely caught off guard by the response to the reveal. I'm guessing the higher-ups took notice of the feedback and decided more time was needed.

They were clearly caught off guard yeah.  Seems like none of the senior management at 343 have actually played a AAA game in the last 5 years if they thought that looked good enough to demo.  Its all the other rumors that came out after that really worries me though.  Builds being broken for long periods, tons of churn of contractors, bad tools, hellish workflows, long feedback loops. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The graphics did look horrible. The gameplay looked good though. Nice and smooth. But graphics definitely dogshit level.  But something MP wise definitely must be off. They told us a flight not be possible and that’s got me thinking why? How did Covid prevent a beta when Mcc betas keep occurring? That’s way smaller of a team too

Man, it took them half a month just to realize that people were laughing at them.

I wonder how long it takes to fix a simple material pathing error found at runtime. Probably 3 hours.

• Like (+1) 2

I'd imagine a move this important takes a while to get approved. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Eh, at this point it’s kinda whatever. Honestly, as long as they continue to update and improve on MCC I’ll be happy. If I want a solid competitive FPS experience I’m sure my time will be better spent playing a game of 2v2 on chilly or pris for the millionth time than playing whatever competitive experience the next halo has to offer. If they add cross play, server browsers and fix the hit reg and shooting mechanics for CE on MCC I will be happy regardless of what infinite plays like. Add some new maps and we’re in business. 

• Like (+1) 1

TBH I'd be okay with infinite being totally scrapped. 

Halo 5 is already out for those wanting an infinite-like experience.

• Fire (+1) 1

So...almost 5 years into some sort of Halo Infinite development and they decide that 4 months ahead of schedule, delay it to TBD 2021. :lxthul:

What a joke.

That being said...I guess it is the correct choice PENDING THE GAME ACTUALLY TURNS OUT TO BE GOOD, else...lul

The delay is great news. Delay means care.

9 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

The delay is great news. Delay means care.

I want to think this but on some level I think the whole "However, it is not sustainable for the well-being of our team or the overall success of the game to ship it this holiday." tells the real tale. I think someone was about to publish a report on how horribly the employees are treated during a pandemic with crunch time and this was the move to avoid it. Its the smart and right thing to do to delay it but I'm hesitant to assume that they were moved by wanting to do well and treat people correctly more than they were trying to avoid the fallout 

2 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I want to think this but on some level I think the whole "However, it is not sustainable for the well-being of our team or the overall success of the game to ship it this holiday." tells the real tale. I think someone was about to publish a report on how horribly the employees are treated during a pandemic with crunch time and this was the move to avoid it. 

I believe that post someone did where Halo 5 v2 was in development 2015-2018 and they scrapped it because of the very poor response and Infinite rose from the ashes in 2018 using some of the stuff they used in Halo 5 v2 but decided to sweeping change.

It's painfully clear Infinite has had a terrible dev cycle. If the gameplay trailer had the same graphics as the 2018 E3, everyone would have thought "Ah ok, that's why." but to see those graphics for "next gen". Lol.

This is good news, the gameplay they showed recently looked like the game is nowhere near a finished/playable state. I'm glad they didn't just decide to release it anyway and pretend the game is perfect again...lol Hopefully this means flighting is back on the table for multiplayer too
sNVwMsQ.jpg