CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

This is good for the game but DAM this hurts for the pros. The wait continues 

4 minutes ago, SkaSide said:

As far as first-party games, pretty much nothing. Halo was it. 

I imagine this was Microsoft executives to the 343 higher ups when they came to the conclusion they had to delay it: 

I suspect there is going to be a huge restructuring at 343 after Infinite. 

here is a list of games coming to XSX

as for 343 if the mcc debacle didnt force a reckoning then i doubt this will. i feel like covid is gonna give them the excuse they need. but i agree there should be a change up but i dont see it happening 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is a good thing for Halo.  But launching new generation with no first party system seller sets the Xbox to a really difficult position. Guys at Sony must be laughing hard right now.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/10/2020 at 2:05 AM, MultiLockOn said:

hngggggg projectile beats everything

I'm seriously at half-mast after reading this.

Good for the delay.  Clearly something was wrong with the development.  Not sure how much the delay will actually hurt console sales.  Halo hasn't been a console seller since Halo 3, the next one will already more powerful than the PS5 so people that aren't platform-loyalists will probably get it anyway to play multiplatform games.  Im sure that played some part in the decision.  I wonder how much churn there is going to be in leadership over the next year.  I would imagine a shitton.

• Like (+1) 1

If the game still sucks after the delay then nothing can save this franchise in 343's hands.

• Like (+1) 9

There is literally no reason to buy Xbox this fall for most ppl. This could damage Xbox in so many ways I don't even want to think about it.

1 minute ago, Hemlax said:

There is literally no reason to buy Xbox this fall for most ppl. This could damage Xbox in so many ways I don't even want to think about it.

I think the opposite. I don think its a terrible loss.  it wasn't going to be exclusive to the series x anyway, lots of people don't have the disposable income atm and Halo hasn't been a true system seller in a long time.  It'll still sell because some multiplatform games that people actually want like Cyberpunk should theoretically look/run better on it with the superior specs.  Unless of course, they come in with it costing $100 more than the PS5 in which case they are fucked.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Turkeyyy Lips said:

Has there been any other titles delayed due to Covid that were schedule to release this fall?

This is the only big name game from what I know, might be wrong. But I feel that they're just using COVID as an excuse, they can't say "we have to delay the game due to our internal mismanagement". Kinda gross but that's corporate PR for you. 

• Like (+1) 4

On 8/11/2020 at 12:56 PM, Avenger said:

If the game still sucks after the delay then nothing can save this franchise in 343's hands.

Imagine. Like, that's the one part of me that just wanted the game to come out. Save everyone the suspense, save themselves the embarrassment. If it's genuinely bad (I mean literally, not just mediocre like 4 and 5) this will not change anything and they just wasted more time and money.

• Like (+1) 1

Watch them only improve the graphics and keep all the weak-ass gameplay decisions and generic weapon designs. I still have basically no hope for this game, because with the massive mismanagement over there 6 years won't do the trick either. However this is good news for the developers there because fuck crunch time during a pandemic. Maybe they are even finally going to realize rushing their games out for a holiday sale and releasing two weeks before the next CoD game is not the brightest of ideas.

Speaking of which, isn't it odd we still don't know shit about CoD 2020?

• Like (+1) 4

Wonder if we'll be seeing any multiplayer anytime soon now. Also, hopefully it's not a full year delay. 

11 minutes ago, Basu said:

Watch them only improve the graphics and keep all the weak-ass gameplay decisions and generic weapon designs. I still have basically no hope for this game, because with the massive mismanagement over there 6 years won't do the trick either. However this is good news for the developers there because fuck crunch time during a pandemic. Maybe they are even finally going to realize rushing their games out for a holiday sale and releasing two weeks before the next CoD game is not the brightest of ideas.

Speaking of which, isn't it odd we still don't know shit about CoD 2020?

Depends what you mean by that. They’re still keeping in sprint, and the weapon designs looked great tf

26 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

I think the opposite. I don think its a terrible loss.  it wasn't going to be exclusive to the series x anyway, lots of people don't have the disposable income atm and Halo hasn't been a true system seller in a long time.  It'll still sell because some multiplatform games that people actually want like Cyberpunk should theoretically look/run better on it with the superior specs.  Unless of course, they come in with it costing $100 more than the PS5 in which case they are fucked.

It's not even that Halo isn't coming this year. It's the fact there is no first party games most ppl were expecting. No Forza, no Gears, no Fable, no whatever game Initiative is working on. This delay just make it worse.

Hardware won't matter here. It's always games.

With all the studios acquirements, hi specs, X looked really promising. Not sure what happened over there but it seems to me they dealed the cards really poorly.

Again, if I wasn't a halo fan, but a regular gamer who wants system with as many good games as possible, I would see no reason to buy X this fall.

For sure I think it’s a good thing. Better to delay it than to release a bad game. 

However, if 5 years and 500 million can’t produce a good enough game for release, I don’t see how delaying it for 6 months-a year will do anything. But we’ll see. We all know 343 is a joke of a company. 

• Like (+1) 2

Love how the 343-Sprintfinite brown-nosing crowd on Twitter and r/halo immediately start singing a different (as in, more convenient for 343i and Sprintfinite) tune after viewing the tweet. 

1 Week Ago:

"Infinite looks awesome! Can't wait for the grapple hook! :weback:"

As of half an hour ago:

"Thank god they're delaying the game. They knew it wasn't ready and we know it wasn't ready." 

Not that a delay is bad by any means, it's just an indication of the disingenuous 343i ass-kissing that's become the norm. 

If the game's development really was that borked, then I hope they use a 5-7 month delay to iron everything out. 

• Like (+1) 5

The game still has sprint, clamber, and slide. All they’re gonna do is improve the graphics. I don’t know why everyone is so happy.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Love how the 343-Sprintfinite brown-nosing crowd on Twitter and r/halo immediately start singing a different (as in, more convenient for 343i and Sprintfinite) tune after viewing the tweet. 

1 Week Ago:

"Infinite looks awesome! Can't wait for the grapple hook! :weback:"

As of half an hour ago:

"Thank god they're delaying the game. They knew it wasn't ready and we know it wasn't ready." 

Not that a delay is bad by any means, it's just an indication of the disingenuous 343i ass-kissing that's become the norm. 

If the game's development really was that borked, then I hope they use a 5-7 month delay to iron everything out. 

hyped brainlets will always say things are positive, if they said the game costs 200 dollars at launch they would argue "wow if they charge this much they probably hired a lot of talented devs and the content will be much more than normal 60 dollar games!!1!11!"

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

The game still has sprint, clamber, and slide. All they’re gonna do is improve the graphics. I don’t know why everyone is so happy.

Given their supposedly god-tier forge, I'm hoping that a decent GP mode and good maps can be developed for it on both platforms. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I can't imagine a lot of current pro players can wait another year for substantial tournaments to start up again.