CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

9 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Dude Horizon Zero Dawn is amazing.  What you talkin Willis?

That was the point. They are all good games, there is just an over saturation of the genre with none of them really offering anything unique from a gameplay perspective from each other.

I wouldn't mind hitscan if we had faster/more responsive strafe speeds. I think Halo can still be good as a hitscan. But I am in favor of projectile, assuming 343 can do it right

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Open World fucking blows lol. The number of OW games I've played with any of the following:

• Fun, and extremely challenging gameplay

• Dynamic, non repetitive gameplay

• Introcately crafted worlds that aren't one square kilometer copy-pasted 300 times with minor changes

• Interesting environments and aesthetics

Is practically negative at this point. A linear campaign that nails good gameplay will blow any OW game out of the water. 

I like open world games. I just don't play a lot of them. However, I'm a huge fan of semi-open world games like Deus Ex and Metro Exodus. That middle ground between hand crafted linearity and open world simulation. It's a pretty good balance.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

All I can think about this is Titanfall 2, which is hitscan. Titanfall 2 has to be the biggest ever example of "fun to use, not fun to go against."

I cannot express how much this resonates with me. In Titanfall 2, sometimes I would combo my movement chain perfectly and some scrub sitting still can just mouse-over me and deck me because he hits instantly. I did everything right, yet I am still punished. I stopped playing that game because of this exact reason. No matter how good my movement is, if they can place their reticule on me, I am dead. No need for prediction or movement knowledge, just basic movement tracking. If I change direction, their second rounds of bullet may miss but the first hit even though I reacted successfully. 

If the game had projectile, my correct reaction would be rewarded with less or no damage.

Side note: I am a believer that a good fix for Halo's precision weapons being balanced well in 4v4 but poorly in BTB is give them projectile that loses velocity and starts to drop after a certain range. This range is calculated based on the 4v4 maps max/median range. 4v4 maps are then entirely unaffected by the velocity decrease or bullet drop, yet in BTB players have to compensate for it allowing maps to have longer sight lines because hitting at range is exponentially harder (yet not random).

Bloodlines is one of the worst maps I have played in my entire life. Hitscan BR that doesn't miss and one of the most generous snipers in Halo history. Hemorrhage is the same. Hitscan ruins those maps beyond words.

Projectile > hitscan any day of the week.

It's funny you bring up Titanfall because I have, so much I'm going to say about that game lol. 

• Like (+1) 4

Titanfall 2 is fun for short spurts, like CoD but with good advanced movement

• Like (+1) 1

Ok apex legends, everything in that is projectile Based and its hit reg is great!  There’s certain ranges where you need to account for bullet drop and at close to medium is close to hitscam but a good strafe can still dodge those bullets. I sure hope infinite has instant strafe accel. 

@Shekkles it be so damn hard to hit people in TF2 if guns were projectile based. It’s already hard AF to hit a bastion in apex legends who’s good at the hook game.

Projectile is fantastic and preferred for weapon design, but bullet drop can stay out of Halo imo. 

I'd rather not have to eyeball and solve kinematic equations while playing BTB. 

Unless it's on something like a slow projectile 1SK-sniper superweapon or something. 

3 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Projectile is fantastic and preferred for weapon design, but bullet drop can stay out of Halo imo. 

I'd rather not have to eyeball and solve kinematic equations while playing BTB. 

Unless it's on something like a slow projectile 1SK-sniper superweapon or something. 

After a short amount of time stuff like that becomes second nature.  Projectile requires some head math the first time you experience, eventually you just know instinctively where to put the cursor.  Same goes for CE's sway, you kinda just learn subconsciously to compensate the opposite direction you/they are strafing in.  Same would probably be true after a short stint of bullet drop, at least in just the sniper rifle.  Could probably be really cool.

I knew something was up with the development way back at e3 2019. Got a lot of flak talking about the "building the engine" but I knew that was bs. MS most likely saw the reaction of the reveal and decided not to risk it. 

Not surprised after the well-deserved backlash the reveal got, however much they might have tried to get on board with the memes. Obviously disappointing, but if this means we get a well-polished game with high graphical fidelity, then it's the correct decision.

Note how they only said 2021, not even which quarter, so that means we can pretty much expect the game Holiday 2021 :D

• Like (+1) 5

Not surprising unfortunately but the correct decision, especially given the last time 343 released an unfinished game. If anything, I hope throughout development more of the game is actually shown versus just making the decision to delay the game and on top of that decision, leave fans/consumers in darkness on the point of development. 

EDIT: Also now zero excuse for public flights/beta testing before full release. Zero excuse.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

But like, this means they can do flights before launch right? RIGHT? 

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe we will actually get those flights. And I hope at best it’s only delayed until spring time next year. I don’t want to wait until summer or literally fucking holiday. 

7 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

So what does the new Xbox launch with?

As far as first-party games, pretty much nothing. Halo was it. 

I imagine this was Microsoft executives to the 343 higher ups when they came to the conclusion they had to delay it: 

I suspect there is going to be a huge restructuring at 343 after Infinite. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1