CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 hours ago, Hemlax said:

Same as we will never get nosprint Halo, yet we will never stop talk about it right ?

Well we can expect no sprint playlist at least, that’s something worth talking about. And no sprint halo was something that was possible at the end of the day. It wasn’t an idea that had no backing on Wether it could work

15 minutes ago, timeforkoalas said:

Speaking of no sprint playlists... H5 Mythic playlist is back for those with the game installed still

never heard of it

10 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

never heard of it

People that don't respect history are doomed to repeat it.

What do you think about destroying enemy vehicles before they are occupied?  Fair play or does it shift the balance of power too far in favor of those currently occupying vehicles, undermining the importance of future vehicle spawns?  

3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What do you think about destroying enemy vehicles before they are occupied?  Fair play or does it shift the balance of power too far in favor of those currently occupying vehicles, undermining the importance of future vehicle spawns?  

I think it's fair. But i'm not a huge vehicle guy so idk. 

3 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

I think it's fair. But i'm not a huge vehicle guy so idk. 

Vehicles should probably spawn on map in most cases but I think that a mystery box could also be fun.  When a lone player enters the cube of opaque shield doors, he gets to choose between spawning a tank, banshee, or hog.  In a CTF match, any one of those vehicles could be a game changer.  

26 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Vehicles should probably spawn on map in most cases but I think that a mystery box could also be fun.  When a lone player enters the cube of opaque shield doors, he gets to choose between spawning a tank, banshee, or hog.  In a CTF match, any one of those vehicles could be a game changer.  

i think that adds too much rng

Much like two houses across the street from each other, the two bases on this map appear to be a short distance apart, separated only by a short field in between but there is an invisible wall on each team’s 40 yard line that teleports any who cross it to one end of a long map.  

Players can fire from their base to the enemy base off spawn but to reach the enemy base, that requires crossing the street, which as it turns out, is much longer than it initially appeared.  The bulk of the fighting occurs on the street portion of the map but in order to capture a flag, players have to run it through their front yard, which is in plain view of the enemy base, allowing for last minute stops and skirmishes.  

44 minutes ago, Toastomgi1 said:

I have to watch powles H3 MLG stream just to keep my sanity after browsing this forum and seeing all of its unpopular opinions on H3.

No doctor has ever recommended investing your time and energy into things that will never span beyond mediocrity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

Fair play. You shouldn't be letting opponents get control of your vehicle. Still, respawn timer should be static.

3 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Fair play. You shouldn't be letting opponents get control of your vehicle. Still, respawn timer should be static.

Vehicles should be hard to destroy, but not occupants. 2 rockets for light vehicles, 3 for heavy. Anyone in them dies after the first rocket.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

I'm all for it. Generally vehicles spawn on each side of the map so they have a chance to control them uncontested at the start of the game,  If they don't or can't further into the game too bad.  

26 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

How would that work considering most vehicles also have unlimited ammo? Its great for weapons since the ammo runs out almost always before the next spawn then teams have to fight over it.  But with unlimited ammo i could see one team getting 3 tanks as a regular scenario.  Usually when im playing gametypes with vehicles im barely even paying attention, so have any other halo's done this?

• Like (+1) 1

What if there was an option to sabotage your vehicles? I.e., you hold Y instead of X to enter, it rigs it to explode. You run the risk of killing a teammates if you're not communicating, but you also have the chance of killing an enemy who tries to steal your vehicle. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

5 hours ago, Boyo said:

I mean my whole standoff strat in 2009 or so to boost ts 50s was basically spawn and all nade their hog grab the laser and rockets and once they don't have rockets just get laser on top of our base and kill them with a warthog for the rest of the game since they would struggle to really get out of the base and do anything without dying. It was probably a terrible experience for those people but it would've also helped if they had at least let those dudes spawn with a BR. So sometimes being able to destroy vehicles early can be a bad thing but when it is I feel like its a map/settings failure

• Like (+1) 4

I remember Ranked ARS stand-off omg. I won that once because we got a few kills ahead they had hog and laser so we straight shot gun camped the base. 

40 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

How would that work considering most vehicles also have unlimited ammo? Its great for weapons since the ammo runs out almost always before the next spawn then teams have to fight over it.  But with unlimited ammo i could see one team getting 3 tanks as a regular scenario.  Usually when im playing gametypes with vehicles im barely even paying attention, so have any other halo's done this?

Long static respawns really only mean that you can have a maximum of 2-3 vehicles spawning for a team over the course of a 15 minute game. 

This is only in the context of >4v4 player counts and modes (since they ideally wouldn't be in anything lower). 

Again, vehicle spawns are conventionally base-symmetrical, so a team gaining control of 3 tanks would- 

1) Only be possible after like 12+ minutes

2) Only be possible if one team was getting so thoroughly gaped that they wouldn't even be able get their own vehicle near their base

3) Only be possible if the vehicles managed to last more than half the game in a sandbox that's more lethal than a 4v4 sandbox 

At that point, a team with control of 3 tanks probably deserves control of those 3 tanks. It's like letting the enemy team get 4 rockets in a row on Chill Out. 

Even otherwise, I don't think a H2 or H3 respawn system is the way to go.

• Like (+1) 2

DIdnt watch. 
basically a guy who bought monster types in the URL and got a countdown on infinite that goes to November 30Th. This is on cyber Monday I believe, and has a chance at being real. Black Friday isn’t happening for many stores this year. It’s something that has a chance 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

DIdnt watch. 
basically a guy who bought monster types in the URL and got a countdown on infinite that goes to November 30Th. This is on cyber Monday I believe, and has a chance at being real. Black Friday isn’t happening for many stores this year. It’s something that has a chance 

Cyber monday seems like a very strange day to launch a console. Maybe the site just has Nov 30th in as a placeholder because its releasing in Nov but that is all they know atm (from monsters perspective)

I'd just take that website as a general timeline for release and not a definitive date. Its more likely that the game would release no later than that but probably a few weeks earlier

3 hours ago, infraction said:

Cyber monday seems like a very strange day to launch a console. Maybe the site just has Nov 30th in as a placeholder because its releasing in Nov but that is all they know atm (from monsters perspective)

Normally I’d agree but since Black Friday is being canceled in many stores this year, it’s not too unrealistic