Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

@Boyo I get that you’re a creative guy but you come up with these bizarre ideas. Like Youre trying to be unique yet the ideas aren’t unique in a good way. 
most of these guys just won’t say what they’re thinking honestly about them but they know deep down im right. 
Like I want to read an idea that sounds like I could see it in the game because you come up with some shit that’s unique 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Boyo said:

giphy.gif

Yes, yes I am. If I catch you in infinite I’m T bagging you every time you die

  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'd happily discuss Boyo mechanics for the next hundred pages instead of discussing sprint or the quality of Halo 3 for the millionth time.

59 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Unlike most equipment, the Artifact doesn’t immediately perform an action when B is pressed.  Instead, B displays a small menu with three options.  Left and Right on the D pad toggle two map elements on or off, up or down, open or closed.  Down on the D pad designates an area for imminent Orbital Bombardment.  

The other piece of Promethean equipment, the Token, functions similarly.  B displays a menu.  Left or Right teleport the player to exit node 1 or 2.  Down creates a portal that automatically links with a previously inactive portal in your team’s base, connecting them so players can travel through.  

For the artifact, how many times do you want it spawning in a game? I don't know if I'd want things on the map potentially getting tweaked every couple minutes, and I don't know if I'd like five or six orbital bombardments happening throughout a match assuming we're talking about small team games (BTB, Warzone, or  campaign is whatever). However a one time pickup halfway through the game that has the potential to wipe a team that's coming off spawn, or that has the potential to tweak one thing on the map that will then last throughout the rest of the match I think could be interesting at least for social but maybe even competitive depending on what it does or how effective the orbital strike is. This isn't the most creative thought, but imagine the artifact spawns on a map like Coliseum and you can spawn a bridge across the middle of the map. Once the bridge is in place though, it's there for the rest of the map. If the score was 2-1 and the losing team had the artifact, they could potentially grab two quick flag caps by spawning the bridge. However if they fail to setup correctly after spawning the bridge, the winning team may be able to shut it down and use the bridge themselves. Or if the game was 2-2, no team wants to activate the bridge until they're in control, but trying to defend the artifact to make sure the other team doesn't take it and activate the bridge for themselves I think could be exciting. Also it may help deal with stalemates. If halfway through the match is too quick, maybe make it spawn if the match goes into overtime, or when there's two minutes left.

As for the Token, it almost reminds me of one of the kill streaks in Uncharted 3. Uncharted handled it a little different, if you earned the streak and used it, you would teleport to a random place on the map. I feel like this would be used similarly for the exit nodes, you wouldn't necessarily use it for strategy but rather to stay alive. Like I guess if you grabbed flag you could cut out part of your flag route by using it. But in something like slayer or oddball, I feel you'd use it to clean up a player, or just to get away from a fight if you were about to die. However your second idea with the token intrigues me, a portal that could be moved I think has potential. I'm not sure if I'd like it in flag, I feel it could be used to cheese a final flag cap in a tied game. You could kind of cheese it in slayer or oddball or whatever but it's not like one point generally separates a win in those gametypes. Where putting the portal in the enemy's base just to grab flag and run through it straight into your base if both teams need one cap to win seems lame. I know if both teams need three flags to win that portal is now active for both teams, but it's the final cap that would worry me.

  • Upvote (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

@Silos 

If the Artifact was going to be used in Arena, I would make it a reward mechanic and not just a standard pick up.  Say there is a neutral flag.  Capping it gives the player the Artifact.  It has enough juice for two secondary activations or one primary activation; alter the map twice or drop the boom once.  

As for the portal, it could always be changed to a one way exit node so players can only go forward from their base and not home from the enemy base to prevent objective cheesing.  

Share this post


Link to post

RE: Remakes, I think the game should undoubtedly come with some iconic remakes but those remakes shouldn't replace original maps, but should add on.

Most of this has already been talked about so i'm not really adding to the discussion here, but i'd like to see Narrows or Construct be remade, The Pit is still in need of a remake because the H4 version doesn't count. Skyline was the best Halo 4 map and I think it could work well. I don't think they can remake any Halo 5 maps because they were designed around the advanced movement, but if they remade any I'd like to see Coliseum.

also there have been so many forge maps, but they still haven't just converted them into real maps. remake amplified or the other ctf map that i'm blanking on but with real in game assets (jk though i hated those maps lol)

hot take but I think we're okay without a midship this time around. save that for the DLC 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, soFireFly said:

RE: Remakes, I think the game should undoubtedly come with some iconic remakes but those remakes shouldn't replace original maps, but should add on.

Most of this has already been talked about so i'm not really adding to the discussion here, but i'd like to see Narrows or Construct be remade, The Pit is still in need of a remake because the H4 version doesn't count. Skyline was the best Halo 4 map and I think it could work well. I don't think they can remake any Halo 5 maps because they were designed around the advanced movement, but if they remade any I'd like to see Coliseum.

also there have been so many forge maps, but they still haven't just converted them into real maps. remake amplified or the other ctf map that i'm blanking on but with real in game assets (jk though i hated those maps lol)

hot take but I think we're okay without a midship this time around. save that for the DLC 

There’s a reason  I listed guardian because it’s the one map you just can’t remake 1:1 there’s never been the right pieces. S3 on guardian is a pure example of this in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

There’s a reason  I listed guardian because it’s the one map you just can’t remake 1:1 there’s never been the right pieces. S3 on guardian is a pure example of this in my opinion.

yeah it would be like midship into truth. Can you imagine the ramp to s3 being as wide as the ramp to p tower on truth? 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Do you, like, create a new email address for these accounts every time? How do you keep track of them all?

Password locker and VPN software. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, soFireFly said:

yeah it would be like midship into truth. Can you imagine the ramp to s3 being as wide as the ramp to p tower on truth? 

Well that’s not all true. We’ve had forged lockout remakes in 4&5 and yes they were bigger they still played great surprisingly enough. They even had their skill jumps. H4 made maps bigger but not super wide. H5 did both 

Share this post


Link to post

Boyo is cool, but the fact, we pretty much know how the Infinite will play, makes is ideas little less interesting. I like his brainstorming nevertheless.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Boyo is cool, but the fact, we pretty much know how the Infinite will play, makes is ideas little less interesting. I like his brainstorming nevertheless.

None of his ideas would ever see the light of day in any game. Just because your ideas are interesting means nothing. 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:


343 watching HiddenXperias lore videos like
TCO6a5r.png

Lol I literally was about to post this video here. Hopefully 343 incorporates the lore of this ring into the game. Lol at that point it’d need to be rated M.

also I hope we meet mendicant bias. 

Share this post


Link to post

Here be a cool feature. 10$ skin creator. As long as it’s not inappropriate(boobs, vagina, and no swear words) everything goes. This can be applied to any weapon or vehicle you like. This would make them so much $$. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

None of his ideas would ever see the light of day in any game. Just because your ideas are interesting means nothing. 

Same as we will never get nosprint Halo, yet we will never stop talk about it right ?

Share this post


Link to post

It's gonna be a sad day when this discussion gradually and inevitably turns from the "Halo Infinite Brainstorming thread" into the "Halo Infinite thread" 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

It's gonna be a sad day when this discussion gradually and inevitably turns from the "Halo Infinite Brainstorming thread" into the "Halo Infinite thread" 

It's not even that it's:

"HALO 3 IS DOGSHIT HAHA CE IS GODLIKE" - MIDDLE AGED MAN

"THE GRAPHICS ARE TERRIBLE IN THIS DEMO BAAAW (I AGREEE)" - EVERYONE

"HAHA UR DUMB, 343 IS DUMB, AIM ASSIST , HAHA IM TERRIBLE TAKE TANNER" - GUY WITH LITERALLY 13 ACCOUNTS WHO QUOTES HIMSELF AND RESPONDS

Oh and you can't forget the bitter guys so hell bent and eager to shit on 343 and modern Halo they're making sweeping statements about how infinite will be garbage after 6 minutes of campaign gameplay.

Oh well.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

iight so when Halo Infinite comes out can someone make a mod that adds dinosaurs to the campaign please? or like at least give me the damn tools to do it myself please, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, aa_Pregnant_Nun said:

iight so when Halo Infinite comes out can someone make a mod that adds dinosaurs to the campaign please? or like at least give me the damn tools to do it myself please, thanks.

Dunno about dinosaurs but the planet of the apes mod is about to be hilarious and awful. Its pretty much guaranteed to happen

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

But my point was someone getting mad at me for trash talking controller players on halo “PC”

Now I know why adding a block option to chat triggered you so hard. You'd be blocked within seconds and be all alone.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Dunno about dinosaurs but the planet of the apes mod is about to be hilarious and awful. Its pretty much guaranteed to happen

I hope steam workshop is a thing too, idk theirs just something about combining a Turok style dinosaur mod with a planet of the apes mod in Halo Infinites open world campaign. I NEED IT

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Now I know why adding a block option to chat triggered you so hard. You'd be blocked within seconds and be all alone.

Did I ever say I was against that? Lol you funny. If someone wants to block someone I’m all for it. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.