CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

45 minutes ago, AArkham said:

Damn, the score is shaping up to be epic.

It's not a bad soundtrack but I hope that there are more original and mutually distinct tracks. Halo CE and 2 had an incredible variety of soundtracks, from the iconic monk chant to metal to percussion to ambient synth. 

So far, the two soundtracks we've seen are both just derivatives of the monk chant. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

It's not a bad soundtrack but I hope that there are more original and mutually distinct tracks. Halo CE and 2 had an incredible variety of soundtracks, from the iconic monk chant to metal to percussion to ambient synth. 

So far, the two soundtracks we've seen are both just derivatives of the monk chant. 

They'll have a hard time matching the quality of the H3 music or the originality of CE/2. They were creating something of their own and they went pretty hard perfecting that with H3 employing a real orchestra and chorus unlike previous games. I think they tried something pretty similar with H4 actually. You can definitely hear the difference in quality when that happens 

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

H4 had good music if I want to be honest 

Just a shame most people never got to listen to it because they quit the game after 5 minutes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Just a shame most people never got to listen to it because they quit the game after 5 minutes.

Campaign wasn't terrible if I remember right.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

You know what I will never understand? How the Halo community at large decided the BR is some how cooler or more iconic than the CE magnum. Maybe it’s just the CE fan bias in me but there is no fucking way a rifle that kills in four, three round bursts (12 bullets by my count) is more badass than a literal hand cannon that kills in three crisp shots. This doesn’t even take into account the actual TTK or game mechanics. Even the melee on the magnum is cooler. Standard rifle butt to the face vs a pistol whip followed up by a stylish flip of the pistol. I mean come on! How is this even a comparison? People say “OP pistol” or “just a sidearm”. Who the hell cares? It’s a sci-fi shooter. You’re a Spartan II. A futuristic super soldier bred for battle wearing super advanced armor. Of course the pistol wrecks face. Did you even read the manual as a kid? I did. Let me tell you son those 50 cal. explosive rounds ain’t  nothin to fuck with. Let’s talk about the sniper. 14.5mm apfsds rounds. These things make the 50 cal. sniper look like a standard .308. And the shotgun? Yeah. 8 gauge. The weapons you carry are more suitable to hunting elephants than killing men. Even the biggest most badass guns you get in COD are child’s play for a spartan. Certainly not suited for battling elite’s and hunters.

Infinite just HAD to include the “classic” BR but they gutted the pistol and the shotgun. Like, what sci-fi FPS fan ever said “hey you know what would be cool? If our protagonist super soldier went from firing a .50 cal. handgun and an 8 gauge shotgun to a standard 9mm and 12 gauge shotgun?” I’ll tell you. Not a goddamn one. Seriously. I just DO NOT get it. 

i really think it's just that more people played Halo 2 than Halo CE. since so many more people played that and halo 3, they're nostalgic for the br. 

I really don't see why they can't keep both. if they're trying to have a "standard" weapon, just keep the magnum and the BR and give them the exact same TTK. then everyone is happy like what's to lose? 

1 hour ago, Exidrion said:

Campaign wasn't terrible if I remember right.

Has some fun encounters and decent scale but any mission vs Prometheans is boring to hell.

Hope you like bullet sponge enemies that have no impact reactions and just teleport away when weak.

Also hope you like only using the suppressor because there's no ammo for other weapons.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Also hope you like only using the suppressor because there's no ammo for other weapons.

thissss lol. And then there's Halo 5 campaign where there's no ammo for any weapons

1 hour ago, soFireFly said:

thissss lol. And then there's Halo 5 campaign where there's no ammo for any weapons

At least in Halo 5 they tried to add bullet impact on the Prometheans but it was still appalling. 

In Halo 1 and 2, when you shoot Elites they glow, they groan in pain and if there's no shield blood comes out. If the shield pops they have a big shield pop effect.

In 343's Halo they have zero indications you're doing damage until you pop shields. It makes all guns feel worthless.

Imagine that when you shoot a Knight, they have a visual indicator such as molten metal pop out. Just ANYTHING to show each bullet is doing something.

Such garbage enemy design.

• Like (+1) 5

I've been replaying H2 on Legendary and keep having to change back to old graphics so I can see what I'm doing and see if Elites still have their shields or not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

I've been replaying H2 on Legendary and keep having to change back to old graphics so I can see what I'm doing and see if Elites still have their shields or not.

Yeah it's weird that H2A Campaign is so close to perfect in terms of visuals, yet the Elite's shields are so hard to see if you're hurting them

• Like (+1) 1

If you were at one end of a hallway, and your enemy was at the other, what movement abilities would best aide you in closing the gap without getting shot in the face?  

Evade is a combat roll, quickly moving the player in the desired direction while bobbing and obscuring his head.  Evade combines an offensive forward rush with defensive head shielding.  

Even with Evade’s slight defensive properties, diving straight at an enemy is still a good way to get domed.  Side to side and up and down movement would make the player much more difficult to headshot.  

Wall Kick allows the player to turn the walls from something that would halt his movement into something that enhances his movement.  While moving down a hallway, a diagonal evade, to jump, to wall kick, to ceiling bounce would have the player moving forward, sideways, up and down, making him a much more difficult target to headshot.  

What about when a player is airborne but not next to a wall?  Thruster can be activated while airborne, why can’t Evade?  Activating evade while airborne now causes the player to do a flip in the desired direction.  Grounded evade causes the player to dip down a bit during his combat roll.  Airborne evade does the opposite, popping the player up a bit during his combat flip.  

In what situation would charging down a hallway be required?  One word:  Zombies.  They can’t just sit back at the other end of the hallway and pop off pot shots; they need to get within lunging range.  The aforementioned movement abilities will help them do it.  

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Thruster can be activated while airborne, why can’t Evade?  Activating evade while airborne now causes the player to do a flip in the desired direction.

Oh god I can actually see this happening in a 343 Halo game...

lf they launch the game with SBMM in social and no party matching, I'm gonna treat the game as if it doesn't exist. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

lf they launch the game with SBMM in social and no party matching, I'm gonna treat the game as if it doesn't exist. 

I’m sure they’ll do that unfortunately. Most games have some SBMM but never have party matching in its social modes.

How should an Infection match be structured?  Are players trying to reach a location or capture an objective?  Can humans win or just survive as long as they can?  Do zombies have any special abilities like deploying flood spores or opening flood doors?  

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

What about when a player is airborne but not next to a wall?  Thruster can be activated while airborne, why can’t Evade?  Activating evade while airborne now causes the player to do a flip in the desired direction.  Grounded evade causes the player to dip down a bit during his combat roll.  Airborne evade does the opposite, popping the player up a bit during his combat flip. 

You can easily mod this in reach and it's pretty hilarious. Adding stun to the PR also stuns the evading player so he will just roll in place.

1 minute ago, Basu said:

You can easily mod this in reach and it's pretty hilarious. Adding stun to the PR also stuns the evading player so he will just roll in place.

dbn0eom-764e542a-5083-45fc-861e-309bea92

• Fire (+1) 2
  • Hooked 1

What remakes do you want to see in infinite. Oh and please don’t reply “I dOnT wAnT rEmAkes”, you’re contribution isn’t necessary, and there most likely will be remakes anyway as there hasn’t been a single halo without one. 
I’m hoping for guardian. This map hasnt been remade nor is it useful. 

8 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

lol

aw man hunt the truth shoulda been keegan since he was literally the lead in that lol

• Like (+1) 2

How do you think Guardian is going to play with sprint and clamber?  

• Like (+1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1